Rumors are Russ is unhappy with O line.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
James in PA":ehi9nsr4 said:
Cyrus12":ehi9nsr4 said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/09/russell-wilson-on-whether-hes-available-in-trade-thats-a-seahawks-question/?fbclid=IwAR1gLLPtuBix_TGbEg8Wb2dLftBh8YWTJhQthvxC4JX1jWSNRATcT0mkTio

Hmmmmm.....
Yep. I saw this too. He wants more say in player personnel decisions as well. I don’t know - usually I laugh these trade rumors off. But where there’s smoke...

All I know is that the Hawks desperately need draft picks and more veteran talent in the trenches (which they currently can’t afford) and this regime has never been afraid of making big bold moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does RW know about running a football team? Has he ever hired a coach before? Has he ever drafted a player before? Has he ever built, coached, and won a National Championship? Built, coached, & won a Super Bowl?

RW is a NFL QB that likes to hang out with Hollywood types and pawn is BS perfume on naive people who think it will help their love life.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
iigakusei":3ac9qzvn said:
https://twitter.com/SandoNFL/status/1358999476568920064

Thank God no more screaming at Russ “TE is wide open! Throw the ball don’t you know the play you called”

hoxrox

Reaction score
iigakusei":12r0gga2 said:
https://twitter.com/SandoNFL/status/1358999476568920064

I counted 5 seconds after the snap before Russ took the sack. At 3 seconds, the TE was wide open in the flat.

Even the best O-line won't pass protect forever.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2esmkpn7 said:
Wow, just when I thought I had seen the biggest Russ basher, a new champ rolls in.

RW deserves it & RW started it! There are many ways to move on and to another organization, I don’t like the way RW is doing it, throwing your OL under the bus is BS, O Lineman sacrifice a lot to be NFL O lineman and they have tons of health issues after the NFL career. RW spends years building his team mates up now he’s tearing them down. I didn’t like it when our star Defense did it our young QB RW and I don’t like it now. You would think RW would be conscious to what he’s doing.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
In 2019, Pro Football Focus released a statistic stating that since 2012, Wilson has been pressured on 40% on his dropbacks.

FORTY. PERCENT.

And the response, in a league with QBs like Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Watson and Murray holding onto the ball is "well read defenses, get rid of the ball quicker."

The man's own fanbase wants less for him than the rest of the league Haha

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t he be unhappy with the oline?! It’s their job to protect him. Yes, some of the sacks can be attributed directly to Russ. Currently there is one guy on the line that we can most likely predict will be here another three years...Lewis. That’s the RG, in a league where your tackles are paramount to success. Brown is still upper echelon in the league but really for how much longer. Huge question marks remain at center and left guard. Shell was an upgrade at RT but was his play in 2020 as good as he can be?

I’m sure Russ isn’t the only one unhappy with the oline. Pete and John have to be just as frustrated as the rest of us. The funny thing is, this 2020 line was a big improvement over the last 3-4 years. I hope they have a longer term plan than what we saw last offseason in regards to building the line. It obviously can’t be done overnight. Perhaps if we look at last years offseason as the beginning of the oline rebuild, then we can have hope for the future and Russ, Pete, John and the rest of us will no longer be unhappy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just classic. A new low. Maybe we can look forward to 23 more Russ is Satan threads in the next few weeks.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
At some point, Seattle FO will get tired of Wilson.

Is Wilson, only a player?

Or is Wilson, a player who thinks he’s also an executive (due to his leverage as franchise QB)?

At some point, Carroll, is also going to get frustrated as well.

Carroll at some point will probably think, “Who do you think you are?”

I personally enjoy this soap opera that is Wilson’s camp vs Seattle’s FO.

Let’s see how this plays out. Lol.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Then the FO better wake up.

ALL franchise QBs have a right to a seat at the executive table now.

The days of doing what you are told when the coach tells you are over the moment one guy is not only responsible for 25% of your cap but also the literal face of your franchise.

He is now your brand and your success/failure is going to depend on enabling his success.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it's not so much that they haven't drafted and/or added O Lineman. It's that so many of them have been absolutely brutal choices.

chris98251

Reaction score
There are a lot of disgruntled QB's right now, Rodgers, Prescott, Watson, Wilson, Wentz.

Kind of of unusual for there to be this many.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":80uzclwb said:
And it's not so much that they haven't drafted and/or added O Lineman. It's that so many of them have been absolutely brutal choices.
That’s because Carroll likes the “this guy can play tackle, center or guard!”

You know what that means? That means he can’t play any single one position well!

Typical Carroll offensive lineman!

Just plug and play guys and he hope they can play just “well enough.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point. If you're going to find a Center, get a damn Center. Or a Tackle, not a Guard you hope will work out etc.
Jake Heaps is currently talking about some of the guys they have paid vs. guys they passed on in the draft or free agency. He also listed the O Line rankings in the years Russ has been here. Ouch...…..
For years, people have said he should speak up and not be so "robotic" etc.
Now he speaks up, which he should do, and people seem pissed off at him.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kcbeana said:
Very good point. If you're going to find a Center, get a damn Center. Or a Tackle, not a Guard you hope will work out etc.
Jake Heaps is currently talking about some of the guys they have paid vs. guys they passed on in the draft or free agency. He also listed the O Line rankings in the years Russ has been here. Ouch...…..
For years, people have said he should speak up and not be so "robotic" etc.
Now he speaks up, which he should do, and people seem pissed off at him.

Damed if he does and damned if he doesn't. Seem to recall Hass speaking up and non-one said a word hmmm.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
When RW failed to thank Carroll in his Man of the Year speach, I knew the end was near

RCATES

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3hwhv8gz said:
"I’m hearing Russell Wilson’s camp has grown increasingly frustrated by the Seahawks inability to protect the 8 time Pro Bowler. He has been sacked 394 times in 9 seasons. This situation warrants serious monitoring."

Jason La Canfora

Russ is washed. At least half of those sacks are on him. Really hope he's traded. This team will never sniff another SB with his salary on the books.