Russ and QB Sneaks

hawker84

Reaction score
Then I am really curios what you think would have happened if we got rid of Pete and kept Russell? What coach do you think could have come and produced the results the broncos are putting out in the last 5 games.
I don't have that answer. I just know RW was not the problem, neither is Geno fully to blame.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well he did throw another one of those statistically improbable TDs, hovering inches beyond the endzone out-of-bounds line to a receiver called "Trautman."
That is one thing Me3 has is freak luck on passes just like that when it comes to the EZ
too bad it didn't happen in that SB.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't have to try at all, his play this year speaks for itself, not to mention his 5 consecutive victories. 🤷
His Play?i'd say it's more the Denver D and teams gifting them easy turnovers..
Makes it too easy for a QB and the offense.
Sean has him neutered and I love how you nuthuggers jump on a win thinking
the almighty #3 is back.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
One of Russell's huge strengths has always been not turning the ball over. He's doing very well on that, only 4 picks for the season.

Denver as a team is +8 in turnover margin. I bet most of that +8 occurred during their current 5-game win streak. (anyone got the numbers to check that?)
They are plus 12 in the last 4 games.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Russ is having a great year and the people claiming Geno was top and Russ was bottom 10 as little as two weeks ago are strangely silent. He’s playing good and they’re starting to win.

I think Pete hates the sneak because we haven’t done it with any of our oc’s, it’s also not that dependent on dominant offensive lines like someone pointed out above. I think some coaches just have a hard time switching beliefs they’ve held for a long time. It’s also proven that spread out sets are more successful than bunched sets on short yardage yet teams continue to use tight formations because they have a hard time switching.
Ain't no one silent on Russ. Not me, at least. He's succeeding, for now, doing exactly what Seattle wanted him to in the first place. One of the lowest volume passers in the league, and check it out, he's him again.

Let Russ Cook was doomed. The real way to Let Russ Cook is to hand the dang ball off.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's a shame it couldn't work out here, but 2022 had to happen for him to ever accept being like 24th in pass attempts.

Xxx

Reaction score
He can't run like he used to and if you can't see it that's your issue.
He's being shackled by Sean into playing Peteball not COOKING!
That's the issue we had with him..He wanted the glory and stats
not to be a game manager anymore.
Right, yesterday he had less than 20 attempts and less than 200 yards and a touchdown. He is a dangeruss game manager, same as under Pete

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Right, yesterday he had less than 20 attempts and less than 200 yards and a touchdown. He is a dangeruss game manager, same as under Pete
The term game manager is a compliment to some and a vicious insult to others. I don't mind it, personally. If you have a quarterback who can be efficient on a low volume of attempts, that's not a bad spot to be in. We used it to great effect. But Russ ain't Peyton.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Then I am really curios what you think would have happened if we got rid of Pete and kept Russell? What coach do you think could have come and produced the results the broncos are putting out in the last 5 games.
Very few. He needed to be absolutely spanked in front of the nation to calm down his "give me the ball, give me the offense, let me help decide the coaches, let me help decide the gameplan, give me an office, give me photoshoots" shit. And then, he needed an experienced guy with the savvy and the nuts to be like "Haha, Russell. We'll do well. Take the football, and do what I say." before handing it off on 55% of the snaps.

Boom. Russ is Russ again. Pete figured it out first, and rubes dragged him through the mud for "holding Russ back."

Xxx

Reaction score
The term game manager is a compliment to some and a vicious insult to others. I don't mind it, personally. If you have a quarterback who can be efficient on a low volume of attempts, that's not a bad spot to be in. We used it to great effect. But Russ ain't Peyton.
I think a game manager like Russ is a secret weapon they lull you to sleep with steady consistent smart play and then go over the top when it’s so wide open you just have to let it fly. I think it’s the best kinda football and it’s what Pete means to do

Ozzy

Reaction score
Russ did have some great years with a higher volume, no line and a terrible running game. We way overuse this angle with Russ even if there is an element of truth to it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Russ did have some great years with a higher volume, no line and a terrible running game. We way overuse this angle with Russ even if there is an element of truth to it.
I agree that it might've been more of an argument years ago, but I think at 35, it's almost inarguably the way it has to be for him in the current era.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree that it might've been more of an argument years ago, but I think at 35, it's almost inarguably the way it has to be for him in the current era.
That’s a fair point