The Official Trade Russell Wilson Thread.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Trade for Watson? The guy who expects to be included in the coaching and GM search and pissing and moaning because he isn't? I'm sorry, but his job is to play quarterback, not to be a part of the brass search. Win a super bowl and maybe you can talk that talk. Watson is a problem this team doesn't need.

I agree, this team should explore trading Russ, Watson is not the answer.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Either trade him or get a competent OC who knows what they are doing.

This O could still roll with Wilson if Schotty had a pulse.

Look what McVay does with freaking Goff and a broken thumb.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If they don't think he'd re-signin Seattle, I'd pursue a trade. Which is more likely after another early playoff exit.

But many people on here probably don't appreciate what it was like at QB before Russ.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3k412hha said:
Wenhawk":3k412hha said:
Sea84hawks":3k412hha said:
We need to draft a QB high or trade for Watson. We want to see some football again. Not some backyard crap and long bombs every play!

Wilson for Watson straight up!
Hold up, Wen! Wilson and Carroll for Watson!

I meant Wilson and Ciara... plus all their brands

edogg23

Reaction score
I don’t know what to think except Russ is broken. It’s hard to believe that was the same guy out there today that was lighting it up the first 4 games of the season. He doesn’t look like the same guy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
KillerB":1ry34hz1 said:
Well the subject seems a bit hormonal and reactionary, but there is a bit of truth there.
Wilson's playground skills are fading and he is apparently not any kind of traditional QB. Without his legs and improv he's not Dangeruss.
His trade value will never be higher. He likes the East Coast and bright lights. Just happens that most of the teams with the most to give in trade, are East Coast and QB-needy.
Would be the biggest deal in NFL trade history, no? Pete and Schneider love big deals.
So...hardly likely, but ehhh - maybe. And of course, he would have to waive his no-trade clause.
Exactly..No legs to do sandlot-It's rapidly becoming over..I said this before 3 yrs ago,I said it because
I never wanted to see it get to this point and wanted to avoid paying monster$ for it.
Back then we could have a monster haul..Now not so much.

renofox

Reaction score
Smellyman":2n3yx86y said:
Either trade him or get a competent OC who knows what they are doing.

This O could still roll with Wilson if Schotty had a pulse.

Look what McVay does with freaking Goff and a broken thumb.

No good OC will come here because to be good you have to be intelligent. If you're intelligent you know PC will veto any creative scheme or gameplan you try to install.

If you get lucky and get a competent but not-so-bright OC, PC will overrule anything that might make the Offense successful because it will be too risky.

tldr: It's not Schotty. It's PC.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Insanity.

You trade Wilson, you are maybe 8-8, but thats a stretch.

If you said hire an OC based off his football IQ instead of his storied last name, then I would be on board.

Other teams figured us out after 5 games, and there was no adjustment. Offenses have to gameplan to expose the weaknesses of your opponent. We do not do that.

Trade wilson.....GTFO.

mrblitz

Reaction score
what bugged me today was that the rams had everything sussed out, like our playbook was very basic. rams knew everything in advance that we were going to do. imo. ymmv...

ducks41468

Reaction score
Russ and Pete go hand in hand. Trade Russ and you end up with a QB that plays the same garbage style, either throwing it deep or taking a sack. So unless we find a QB that has like a 90% accuracy rate on any given deep ball, it will not be any better.

Russ, on the other hand, is clearly done. We kept waiting for him to break out of his slump, and he simply never did. I hate to say it, but it's going to be another 5 years of this garbage until Wilson and Pete are both gone. We won't be winning another playoff game for a long while.

Lawke

Reaction score
I saw this a bit in the "trade russ for 4 picks" thread, and it got me thinking. One thing im confused about, is if russ is a bad or as trash as a lot of posters now seem to think he is or always thought that (i would agree he has played very badly the second half of this season), exactly what are you realistically expecting to get for him? If we can see how badly hes been playing, obviously 95% of GMs not BoB would also see, so whos going to give more than 1 or maybe 2 first rounders for a "broken" QBB who costs over 34+ million a year or however high it is and will be?

And if youre willing to give up russ for that kinda haul bbig or small, do you feel confident in PC bringing in a suitable replacement QB, whether from the draft or from free agency? Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this outside of the typical extremes of "russ is garbo" or "russ is perfect" that most of these threads seemingly devolve into.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wonder how any other qb would do getting pin balled back and forth between Defensive linemen like Wilson had to. he didn't even have time to look down field but only split seconds to find an escape route.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Keep Wilson and dump PC give Wilson a coach who will build around and give the offense an identity for Wilson. Not shit mediocre running backs

Bobblehead

Reaction score
mrblitz":3r32wtft said:
what bugged me today was that the rams had everything sussed out, like our playbook was very basic. rams knew everything in advance that we were going to do. imo. ymmv...

We play them twice a year.. Ackers, torched us.. he's pretty good, I was glad he was unavailable last time we played them.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Lawke":1zuhuigb said:
I saw this a bit in the "trade russ for 4 picks" thread, and it got me thinking. One thing im confused about, is if russ is a bad or as trash as a lot of posters now seem to think he is or always thought that (i would agree he has played very badly the second half of this season), exactly what are you realistically expecting to get for him? If we can see how badly hes been playing, obviously 95% of GMs not BoB would also see, so whos going to give more than 1 or maybe 2 first rounders for a "broken" QBB who costs over 34+ million a year or however high it is and will be?

And if youre willing to give up russ for that kinda haul bbig or small, do you feel confident in PC bringing in a suitable replacement QB, whether from the draft or from free agency? Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this outside of the typical extremes of "russ is garbo" or "russ is perfect" that most of these threads seemingly devolve into.

At this point there's probably still someone out there willing to give up say, a mid-first and a future 2nd. He's still 31 and, statistically, had an above-average season. So maybe an otherwise solid team with a weak or aging QB, say the Steelers, Colts, or Bears, might be willing to do that kind of trade. And of course you free up a ton of salary.

Of course, what Pete actually does with this is an entirely separate issue, but I think there's still some kind of market for him.

timmat

Reaction score
Don’t trade Russ - but do recommit to the run game. That means better O line. He’d be fine if we weren’t so predictable. But if we’re going to go another season without a 100yd rusher in a single game, and consistently bypass 7yd pass opportunities to hold the ball too long waiting for deep routes to developed, then he’s not going to be effective, and it won’t matter who’s back there when it comes to beating good teams.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Funny thing is I’ve spent the last five years thinking how great it was and how i couldn’t imagine being a fan without Wilson.

Today finally broke it for me. I’m ready at the drop of a hat for change. His game is not going to get it done without the mobility and escape instincts, which hard set left town four years ago. He just can’t escape the pocket and reverse course like he used to. The reverse pivot circle around houdini act that started this freight train is long gone. It was the saving Grace normally and now he just doesn’t have it because he’s no longer a massively underpaid hungry youngster fighting for his life. Now he’s bloated and happy, full of plenty of lucre and pleasure at home with no ultimate, savage will to win anymore. Oh sure part of the act is gathering the offensive line around and throwing out proverbial let’s go cheers, and lots of snappy media talk about focus and rings, but you can just tell if you watched enough Seahawks football like me that the primal warrior is gone and in its place is a multimedia empire fragrance hocking elitist masquerading as a perennial contender.

2012 Russell would kill 2020 Wilson in front of his own kids and eat his heart with a chianti and ask for seconds.

Tokadub

Reaction score
All I read so far is the title of this thread, but I gotta say "NO!"

[youtube]31g0YE61PLQ[/youtube]

If you hear the Tyler Lockett interview in the post game show he kinda shed some light on the problems our offense encountered.

He more or less said something like:

"they were showing us looks they never showed in other games".

"we had to adapt to new looks on the fly"

It sounds to me like we got out coached, somehow they figured out our offense to the smallest details, and totally out schemed us from start to finish. I don't think this has ever happened to a Russell Wilson offense.

It didn't help our Offensive Line was like Swiss Cheese tonight...

I'll agree it looked like Wilson was indecisive many plays, he overthrew Metcalf for a 2nd bomb TD play. But without all 22 it's hard to say if it's Wilson's fault or if it was the Rams defense covering us like a glove.

I sorta had a feeling this would happen with Russell doing all this podcast stuff... if he was 100% focused on the game maybe he would be ready for some of this and we could eek out a win...

It almost seems like we underestimated the Rams even though they dominated us for the last few years... that was the point I tried to make weeks ago... Russell shouldn't be spending any energy on podcast when he has the Rams to get through who have his number...

Green Bay would of been a big problem too, I didn't think we'd lose this one tbh, but I'm not surprised either.

I'm not giving up on him but hopefully he learns to study even harder next season. Don't waste time on youtube etc. Save that for the offseason.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I absolutely hate the idea and it will kill me, but shit let him go some where that will use all his skills and doesnt handcuff him.

He is no where near done. Except maybe being done with this tired ass offense. He will be another superbowl winner somewhere else if he wanted to go. I'd support it, because it's better than taking another year of this crap scheming and blocking.

You guys are dumb as hell saying his is done.

5thgen

Reaction score
I'd be happy with a 1st and 2nd round for wilson. He's too short to make the quick throws in the middle and can't get anything going unless he rolls out. Any backup qb would have been better than Russel today. He lost to a qb with 4 fingers.

No more excuses. We have good backs and great receivers.