The Official Trade Russell Wilson Thread.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
5thgen":frhc7l8t said:
I'd be happy with a 1st and 2nd round for wilson. He's too short to make the quick throws in the middle and can't get anything going unless he rolls out. Any backup qb would have been better than Russel today. He lost to a qb with 4 fingers.

No more excuses. We have good backs and great receivers.

Wow that was a good one. Russ has four fingers on one hand too!!! No way.

Cant make throws over the middle or we dont call plays over the middle? Dummy. I saw multiple dropped passes today too.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Optimus25":l9dgi5oi said:
Funny thing is I’ve spent the last five years thinking how great it was and how i couldn’t imagine being a fan without Wilson.

Today finally broke it for me. I’m ready at the drop of a hat for change. His game is not going to get it done without the mobility and escape instincts, which hard set left town four years ago. He just can’t escape the pocket and reverse course like he used to. The reverse pivot circle around houdini act that started this freight train is long gone. It was the saving Grace normally and now he just doesn’t have it because he’s no longer a massively underpaid hungry youngster fighting for his life. Now he’s bloated and happy, full of plenty of lucre and pleasure at home with no ultimate, savage will to win anymore. Oh sure part of the act is gathering the line around and throwing out proverbial let’s go cheers, and lots of snappy media talk about focus and rings, but you can just tell if you watched enough Seahawks football like me that the primal warrior is gone and its place is a multimedia empire fragrance hocking elitist masquerading as a perennial contender.

2012 Russell would kill 2020 Wilson in front of his own kids and eat his heart with a chianti and ask for seconds.

Epic post.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is actually the official idiocy thread; or at least, the official idiotic topic thread. Russell is not our problem. Pete's neurotic restrictions on our offense is.

renofox

Reaction score
Optimus25":378qv4d7 said:
Now he’s bloated and happy, full of plenty of lucre and pleasure at home with no ultimate, savage will to win anymore. Oh sure part of the act is gathering the line around and throwing out proverbial let’s go cheers, and lots of snappy media talk about focus and rings, but you can just tell if you watched enough Seahawks football like me that the primal warrior is gone and its place is a multimedia empire fragrance hocking elitist masquerading as a perennial contender.

I sort of agree with this, but I think it may be that he's given up.

He didn't have this attitude at the start of the year while PC was letting him "cook".

Once PC decided to go back to PeteBall I think RW realized that is was going to stay that way forever. (He likely developed this attitude based on the "coaching" by PC as he was reverting - he discovered that PC was completely wedded to PeteBall and that little "experiment" was over and they were going back to same-ol' same-ol' forever).

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you be content with that situation?

For someone to perform at their peak, they have to be inspired/devoted/confident/etc. Do you really think RW is any of those things right now?

Optimus25

Reaction score
renofox":3jp5zwvp said:
Optimus25":3jp5zwvp said:
Now he’s bloated and happy, full of plenty of lucre and pleasure at home with no ultimate, savage will to win anymore. Oh sure part of the act is gathering the line around and throwing out proverbial let’s go cheers, and lots of snappy media talk about focus and rings, but you can just tell if you watched enough Seahawks football like me that the primal warrior is gone and its place is a multimedia empire fragrance hocking elitist masquerading as a perennial contender.

He didn't have this attitude at the start of the year while PC was letting him "cook".

Once PC decided to go back to PeteBall I think RW realized that is was going to stay that way forever. (He likely developed this attitude based on the "coaching" by PC as he was reverting - he discovered that PC was completely wedded to PeteBall and that little "experiment" was over and they were going back to same-ol' same-ol' forever).

For someone to perform at their peak, they have to be inspired/devoted/confident/etc. Do you really think RW is any of those things right now?

Watch Last Dance sometime. Michael Jordan had EVERY reason under the sun to not pull off multiple 3 peats. Except what didn’t get in the way was that he was the most ferocious competitor the world will EVER see. Russ had the formula early in his career but if he can’t just compete on the field and has to have everything go right from the coaching box in order to, then we are 100% done, stick a fork in ever believing this can be a championship team again in the next 10 years.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Optimus25":3f51494i said:
renofox":3f51494i said:
Optimus25":3f51494i said:

Watch Last Dance sometime. Michael Jordan had EVERY reason under the sun to not pull off multiple 3 peats. Except what didn’t get in the way was that he was the most ferocious competitor the world will EVER see. Russ had the formula early in his career but if he can’t just compete on the field and has to have everything go right from the coaching box in order to, then we are 100% done, stick a fork in ever believing this can be a championship team again in the next 10 years.

Literally 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT sports/circumstances. I understand the sentiment, but Russ can't throw the ball to himself and if he happens to drop it, he can't play defense to redeem himself. To put it simply.

TugHawk

Reaction score
I’ll play contrarian. I don’t subscribe to the notion that trading Russ is a good idea. Don’t get me wrong, his play during the second half of the season, and especially tonight, has made me sick to my stomach, but I think the result is an output of a few key things:
1. Our o-line is slow, and the left side is unbelievably old. Pocic is a blanket. The o-line rotation hurt us this year. Game over when we got a 5+ man rush.
2. OC is dogs*** and Russ, Pete, and John know it. I keep reading the Pete-Ball thing, along the lines of “well look at how bad Bevell was, and look how nothing changed with Schotty, the common denominator is Pete.” But I think we ignore the fact that perhaps we’ve just had two horrendous OC’s back to back. Perhaps Pete, Russ, and John realized that schotty was bad early on but wanted to save face (applies more to Pete, maybe why he reverts to Pete ball because he can’t trust schotty to do anything useful)? Look at specific games where Russ’ headset went out...don’t they all result in quick and Impressive TD’s? Schotty and Bevell aren’t elite by anybody’s standard, Schotty has dad’s name but nothing else. If we have a Bienemy as OC, absolutely 0% chance we see the same Pete ball offense because it wouldn’t be necessary.

Or maybe I’ve drinken too much and I’m getting conspiratorial. Either way, this loss is going to take a while to get over.

rcaido

Reaction score
Uhh this board...How can you be be elite MVP level who has not hit his prime in the first 5 game of the season to becoming 2nd tier QB, fat, too short has-been in the same season...

Something happen, either Pete handcuffed Russell or maybe some kind concussion Russell been hiding. I mean the dude got sacked like 60 times this year and who knows how many hits.

I honestly think the Rams just has our number. Our offense is too predictable w/ a very below average o.line is just a bad combination....If you have a good defensive team, Seahawks will struggle.

I think our main draft, we need to just focus on center & guard. Wilson will be fine, just give him better protection.