The Santa Clara 49ers implosion is imminent!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":31lti5bj said:
Bob Loblaw":31lti5bj said:
Archer":31lti5bj said:
Chip Kelly is completely unproven in the NFL. As soon as he no longer had Reid's roster his team tanked. He was fired for a reason.

Funny you say that, Andy Reids roster was 8-8 & 4-12 before kelly got there. That's why Reid was fired for going 4-12, then kelly came in an took them to 10-6, so your argument for a good roster is senseless. That roster was 12-20 the previous 2 seasons
So Kelly was fired from Philly whhhhhhyyyyyyy?

For all the reasons everyone already knows, some of which are reasons I can't stand the guy.

You're shifting the goalposts, though. Arch made a bad argument and got called out on it. Nobody has ever claimed that Chip got canned because with the same players he couldn't improve on Reid's record, because it's so easily debunked.

Marvin49

Reaction score
"Kelly is completely unproven in the NFL".

LOL.

That is of course true, but it ain't like Carroll was on top of the world. He was very successful at USC but had flamed out it two previous attempts in the NFL.

I have some reservations around Kelly in particular because I don't know if his offense will continue to work in the NFL and the perception of him league wide makes drawing free agents a real challenge (a fear that was shown to be founded this offseason).

I'm not going to draw a direct correlation between the 49ers and Seahawks because we have no clue if there is a Richard Sherman or Bobby Wagner on the roster right now, let alone a Russell Wilson. We have no idea who will or will not step up, so to me thats like saying Carlos Hyde will be just like Emmitt Smith. Could happen...VERY, VERY likely won't...but hey, they are both RBs so they are similar.

EVERY team has found themselves where the Niners are now. NOT every team in that position eventually becomes a SB contender.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":1qqz4kox said:
That's due to a number of factors throughout the season, I could say the same about the Hawks D. Trending down fast, consistently gave tons of 4th quarter points. Especially in the playoffs. Is that bad coaching? Getting old? Injuries? The Hawks went from super bowl champs to super bowl losers to division round losers the last 3 years. Isnt that the definition of trending down?

Super bowl champs to divisional round playoff losses is the same as flushing a talented NFL roster and getting fired?

I hope that's hyperbole on your part. That, "consistently gave tons of 4th quarter points" bullshit won't fly by the way. If you took 90 seconds to test your own theory before making it a public statement, you'd know that it's a) not true and b) fewer than they gave up during the 4th quarter in 2014.

2014 4th quarter points allowed: 11 TDs, 5 FGs
2015 4th quarter points allowed: 10 TDs, 5 FGs

Like I said, PHI's points for and points allowed were both going in the wrong direction (point diff freaking TANKED). Seattle's points for increased, points allowed increased and point differential increased.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Laloosh":1djfx6p8 said:
Bob Loblaw":1djfx6p8 said:
That's due to a number of factors throughout the season, I could say the same about the Hawks D. Trending down fast, consistently gave tons of 4th quarter points. Especially in the playoffs. Is that bad coaching? Getting old? Injuries? The Hawks went from super bowl champs to super bowl losers to division round losers the last 3 years. Isnt that the definition of trending down?

Super bowl champs to divisional round playoff losses is the same as flushing a talented NFL roster and getting fired?

I hope that's hyperbole on your part. That, "consistently gave tons of 4th quarter points" bullshit won't fly by the way. If you took 90 seconds to test your own theory before making it a public statement, you'd know that it's a) not true and b) fewer than they gave up during the 4th quarter in 2014.

Like I said, PHI's points for and points allowed were both going in the wrong direction (point diff freaking TANKED). Seattle's points for increased, points allowed increased and point differential increased.

Your wasting your time Laloosh, Lowblow gets his facts from the webzone. He is the screaming definition of the fans that make rlkats, Box, Ninester, Popeye and Marvin look bad.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
And 4th quarter leads? What's that stat from 2014 to 2015? I haven't thrown a low blow at anyone. I'm just stating the Seahawks seasons have trended in the wrong direction the last 3 seasons. I still think they are a good team but many factors contribute to why the perverbial window has started to close. You can throw all the stats you want about the Seahawks D. You don't have to be on the webzone or the .Net to see the defense wasn't even close to being what they were 2-3 years ago.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RichNhansom":llbu0l62 said:
Laloosh":llbu0l62 said:
Bob Loblaw":llbu0l62 said:

Your wasting your time Laloosh, Lowblow gets his facts from the webzone. He is the screaming definition of the fans that make rlkats, Box, Ninester, Popeye and Marvin look bad.

He needs to spend more time lobbing law bombs on his law blog.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Maulbert":1o6ej0uo said:
RichNhansom":1o6ej0uo said:
Laloosh":1o6ej0uo said:
Bob Loblaw":1o6ej0uo said:

He needs to spend more time lobbing law bombs on his law blog.

God could you imagine that guy as your attorney?

But judge, we have 5 rings!!!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":3m6mo9uu said:
And 4th quarter leads? What's that stat from 2014 to 2015? I haven't thrown a low blow at anyone. I'm just stating the Seahawks seasons have trended in the wrong direction the last 3 seasons. I still think they are a good team but many factors contribute to why the perverbial window has started to close. You can throw all the stats you want about the Seahawks D. You don't have to be on the webzone or the .Net to see the defense wasn't even close to being what they were 2-3 years ago.

I'm sorry Lowblow but our on my ignore list (funny in the shack I refer to that as the ignorant list but this is not the shack so I won't do that) so I can't see what you said.

Ironic huh?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Marvin49":24ewu8cf said:

LOL.

That is of course true, but it ain't like Carroll was on top of the world. He was very successful at USC but had flamed out it two previous attempts in the NFL....
"Flamed out". LOL right back at you Marv. Pete was 27-21 on NE and the owner (Kraft) has since stated firing Pete was "a mistake".
But hey, it fits your narrative right?

chris98251

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":e48px8am said:

Trended huh, three different DC and still the number one defense in many categories, lets see who is in the playoffs again first since were trending down so badly, 4 years by your count of trending down we should be going for a top 10 pick this year right?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":1j8u7ojl said:

http://pfref.com/tiny/prwHZ

2013: 3
2014: 3
2015: 4

Oh my, it's an entire game more than the previous two seasons! We're screwed now.

What direction do any super bowl winning teams seasons trend unless they win every year? Can we stop pretending that your initial post had any merit now? The false equivalence is absurd.

Logical fallacy meme

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":1cry34xa said:
Another Bunny Rabbit, can I keep him guys? Problem is I already have a Bobby. ....hmm this is hard. I have it! You're my George!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":sgoac33v said:
Haven't agreed so completely with a post of yours in a iong time.

Well, I mean, yeah, it's just a long recitation of everything that's wrong with the 49ers. Of course you'd agree with this one. :lol:

We only disagree when I share thoughts on what I believe to be some of the Seahawks (few) weaknesses and needs, or on why the 49ers probably aren't the most villainous and hopeless franchise in the history of the NFL.

:2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":zgxgv00e said:
Bob Loblaw":zgxgv00e said:
You can nit pick every detail but it's not so dissimilar. Got rid of an incompetent coach , hired a wild successful college head coach who also has been quite successful in his 3 years in Philly. Completely purged the roster of almost every player from the previous few years. Drafted more than 30 players the last 3 seasons as well as many undrafted players. Went super young to try and open a whole new window for the organization.

By the way Paul Allen has owner the Hawks for 20 years. There was a lot of people who hadn't been so happy with him until he finally overhauled the way they envision running the organization. Same parallel with Jed when he hired Jim Harbs. Do I thin PA is a better owner? Yes I do. I also think Jed is taking things in the right direction. Chip Kelly is a very good coach. So yes I still think it's a similar rebuild
Raiders might be a better comparison to the 2011 / 2012 seahawks. Niners? Guess we will know in a couple years...

The Raiders comparison relies too much on the benefit of hindsight, I think. The Raiders have a ton of buzz going into this season and everyone expects them to make the jump.

The 2011/2012 Seahawks were still unknowns. Leading into 2012 people thought Matt Flynn was a good signing that could maybe get them over the hump to a winning record.

While I think comparing this years 9ers team to the 2010/2011 Hawks teams is fair, the problem with the comparison is that it stacks the deck because we all know what happene after that.

Put another way, it is as accurate to compare this years 9ers team to the 2010/2011 Hawks teams as it is to compare this years 9ers team to every time the Browns have brought in a new coach over the last 15 years. They're in the same "position," but we shouldn't read that position as a prediction about outcome.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":6jqt8myq said:
Laloosh":6jqt8myq said:
Bob Loblaw":6jqt8myq said:
You can nit pick every detail but it's not so dissimilar. Got rid of an incompetent coach , hired a wild successful college head coach who also has been quite successful in his 3 years in Philly. Completely purged the roster of almost every player from the previous few years. Drafted more than 30 players the last 3 seasons as well as many undrafted players. Went super young to try and open a whole new window for the organization.

By the way Paul Allen has owner the Hawks for 20 years. There was a lot of people who hadn't been so happy with him until he finally overhauled the way they envision running the organization. Same parallel with Jed when he hired Jim Harbs. Do I thin PA is a better owner? Yes I do. I also think Jed is taking things in the right direction. Chip Kelly is a very good coach. So yes I still think it's a similar rebuild
Raiders might be a better comparison to the 2011 / 2012 seahawks. Niners? Guess we will know in a couple years...

The Raiders comparison relies too much on the benefit of hindsight, I think. The Raiders have a ton of buzz going into this season and everyone expects them to make the jump.

The 2011/2012 Seahawks were still unknowns. Leading into 2012 people thought Matt Flynn was a good signing that could maybe get them over the hump to a winning record.

While I think comparing this years 9ers team to the 2010/2011 Hawks teams is fair, the problem with the comparison is that it stacks the deck because we all know what happene after that.

Put another way, it is as accurate to compare this years 9ers team to the 2010/2011 Hawks teams as it is to compare this years 9ers team to every time the Browns have brought in a new coach over the last 15 years. They're in the same "position," but we shouldn't read that position as a prediction about outcome.
That's funny, I almost mentioned the Browns in a similar fashion but didn't want to be insulting.

I said Raiders because their commitment to the defense is apparent and I really like their young QB.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
:lol:

Yeah, if you make the 2010/11 Hawks comparison you also gotta make the once-every-three-years Browns comparison in the same breath.

Hindisght is just WAY too powerful of a force to include one without the other. :2thumbs:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3keviu1f said:
:lol:

Yeah, if you make the 2010/11 Hawks comparison you also gotta make the once-every-three-years Browns comparison in the same breath.

Hindisght is just WAY too powerful of a force to include one without the other. :2thumbs:

So who the hell did you land on to root for this year?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":1gtb6nnf said:
EVERY team has found themselves where the Niners are now. NOT every team in that position eventually becomes a SB contender.

Sorry Marvin....I have to try to disagree with your assessment....Every team does not have a Webzone. :sarcasm_off: :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":iinruvdr said:
Marvin49":iinruvdr said:

Sorry Marvin....I have to try to disagree with your assessment....Every team does not have a Webzone. :sarcasm_off: :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

I couldn't help but notice that the Seattle thread over there has amassed over 16,000 posts. That's almost as many as Marvin has here.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":26cwdlxk said:
Marvin49":26cwdlxk said:

LOL.

That is of course true, but it ain't like Carroll was on top of the world. He was very successful at USC but had flamed out it two previous attempts in the NFL....
"Flamed out". LOL right back at you Marv. Pete was 27-21 on NE and the owner (Kraft) has since stated firing Pete was "a mistake".
But hey, it fits your narrative right?

"Mistake". Right. That Belichick guy can't coach a lick.

:sarcasm_off:

...and BTW, we have no idea how Kelly will work out in SF or Peterson in Philly or what Lurie will be sayin in 10 years.