Trade Wilson now

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":2b18tp0d said:
FresnoHawk68":2b18tp0d said:
[youtube]esdu7dQPS8s[/youtube]

Zach Wilson Pro Day silly throw!
Our Wilson could make that throw consistently.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

What are the Jets going to do? I’d keep Donald but the GM needs to turn over a new leaf. Darnold would be $4.7 Million in 2021 and over $18 Million in 2022.

knownone

Reaction score
toffee":2tw42wjq said:
FresnoHawk68":2tw42wjq said:

Zach Wilson will probably never be as good as him at QB, but Russ does not have that arm strength. Dude is throwing a 50 yard pass off his back foot and there is no air under it whatsoever. There are maybe 3 QBs in the league who can make that pass consistently.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
knownone":1ds2baqw said:
toffee":1ds2baqw said:
FresnoHawk68":1ds2baqw said:

Zach Wilson will probably never be as good as him at QB, but Russ does not have that arm strength. Dude is throwing a 50 yard pass off his back foot and there is no air under it whatsoever. There are maybe 3 QBs in the league who can make that pass consistently.

somebody up that 80 yard ACCURATE touchdown pass to golden tate from russell wilson please.

accurate and under pressure, not throwing on pro day where there is no pressure.

until i see zach wilson or trey lance do that, knock it off.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tinamedina":3oz1c3mh said:
knownone":3oz1c3mh said:
toffee":3oz1c3mh said:
FresnoHawk68":3oz1c3mh said:

somebody up that 80 yard ACCURATE touchdown pass to golden tate from russell wilson please.

accurate and under pressure, not throwing on pro day where there is no pressure.

I assume you mean the first play here:

[youtube]vxpDYv0YkK0[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":26wn3g0u said:

God he looks a lot like Clausen, we know how that kid was can't miss right......

OP
OP
Z

Zap90

Reaction score
toffee":23fbp4lg said:
FresnoHawk68":23fbp4lg said:

I see Wilson getting sacked by Donald for -8 yards.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawks2022":1s9x8z87 said:
flv":1s9x8z87 said:
3 small problems I could see with that:

1) The Seahawks don't want to trade Wilson.

2) Wilson doesn't want to go to Miami and he has a no trade clause.

3) Miami isn't looking for a new QB.

Other than that...perfect!

...and what's this nonsense with mid round picks in 2023? Never mind. Don't answer.

1) The front office had Russ on the trading block, so lets not assume he is loved by them.
2) Miami is a loved location, he could be talked into it.
3) Their QB kind of sucked last year. They might be looking.

1. Prove the FO had RW on the trading block. All they did state that the opening range for a trade was 3- 1's plus, and some good players then listen to offers and none were close to enough. Offers may have been an exaggeration as the Bears were the only team that made a proposal which would not have really helped the team now. Let's not forget this rubbish was started by Wilson's expressions on unhappiness and his agent's advice about the 4 locations he'd waive his no trade clause to be traded to.

2. Really, RW could be talked into it, by who? The destination wasn't one of his stated preferred locations.

3. Don't disagree, but most first year QBs kind of suck. Miami has said they are not looking for a QB, so I doubt they'd be a trading partner.

Don't think your compensation is even close to anything the team would consider just for Wilson.

Seems like a Maddenesque fantasy.

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":it9nlsfs said:
Hawks2022":it9nlsfs said:
flv":it9nlsfs said:
3 small problems I could see with that:

1) The Seahawks don't want to trade Wilson.

2) Wilson doesn't want to go to Miami and he has a no trade clause.

3) Miami isn't looking for a new QB.

Other than that...perfect!

...and what's this nonsense with mid round picks in 2023? Never mind. Don't answer.

1) The front office had Russ on the trading block, so lets not assume he is loved by them.
2) Miami is a loved location, he could be talked into it.
3) Their QB kind of sucked last year. They might be looking.

1. Prove the FO had RW on the trading block. All they did state that the opening range for a trade was 3- 1's plus, and some good players then listen to offers and none were close to enough. Offers may have been an exaggeration as the Bears were the only team that made a proposal which would not have really helped the team now. Let's not forget this rubbish was started by Wilson's expressions on unhappiness and his agent's advice about the 4 locations he'd waive his no trade clause to be traded to.

2. Really, RW could be talked into it, by who? The destination wasn't one of his stated preferred locations.

3. Don't disagree, but most first year QBs kind of suck. Miami has said they are not looking for a QB, so I doubt they'd be a trading partner.

Don't think your compensation is even close to anything the team would consider just for Wilson.

Seems like a Maddenesque fantasy.

1. actually we don't know they said that, nobody in the Hawks said that the opening is 3 1s. In fact nobody in the hawks has said anything.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Miami needs to give Tua a shot & draft TE Pitts or WR Smith or Center Slater.

Jets know who to call when they want to make a trade (Adams & Richardson) $$$ talks BS walks! If Seattle likes Darnold more than RW (I do) they will pay more than anyone else, then trade RW to the Bears or Oakland.

But for that to happen Jets would have to be dumb enough to draft Zach Wilson!

RW highlights consist mostly of WR’s beating DB’s not impressive throws! The TD pass to Lockett in the Rams game & a few bombs dropping it in the breadbasket that’s RW claim to fame which has only been unanimously agreed upon 2021,2020, & 2019, up to that time half the population thought RW was over rated.

I don’t care what RW did I want to know what he will do now 2021!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":dijmbv5y said:

Jets know who to call when they want to make a trade (Adams & Richardson) $$$ talks BS walks! If Seattle likes Darnold more than RW (I do) they will pay more than anyone else, then trade RW to the Bears or Oakland.

RW highlights consist mostly of WR’s beating DB’s not impressive throws! The TD pass to Lockett in the Rams game & a few bombs dropping it in the breadbasket that’s RW claim to fame which has only been unanimously agreed upon 2021,2020, & 2019, up to that time half the population thought RW was over rated.

I don't believe that for one second. Even Bill O'Brien wouldn't trade Russell Wilson for Darnold. No matter what package was offered in return. PC/JS make that move it would end their tenure in the NFL. Neither are that stupid.

knownone

Reaction score
Maulbert":1pmi14ax said:
Tinamedina":1pmi14ax said:
knownone":1pmi14ax said:
toffee":1pmi14ax said:

I assume you mean the first play here:

[youtube]vxpDYv0YkK0[/youtube]
I would hope that's not it. First, that's a 50-yard pass. Second, there is a vast difference between throwing across your body off your back foot and planting your feet and throwing the ball, as Russ does in that video. Doing what Zach Wilson does is almost entirely dependent on natural arm strength. What Russ is doing is a combination of mechanics and arm strength.

It's the difference between Kirk Cousins and Aaron Rodgers. Cousins has a cannon when he can set his feet, but he can't make off-platform throws like Rodgers. For example, here is Cousins throwing a deeper pass than Wilson with his feet planted. [youtube]jxIKdF6xN4A[/youtube]

Keep in mind, natural arm strength has very little to do with how good a QB is. Tom Brady and Drew Brees have fairly average arms, and they lead the league in every major statistical category.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Zap90":3dap73tb said:
1. If they don't want to trade Wilson, then they would have refused every deal, and wouldn't had listened to people offering their picks + players.
Wilson hasn't been traded, has he? Then by definition, the Seahawks have refused every deal.

And it's the General Manager's job to take phone calls and listen to offers, regardless of whether he has any intention of acting on them. Most deals don't get done, for a variety of reasons.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
hawkfan68":sxzncku8 said:
FresnoHawk68":sxzncku8 said:

I don't believe that for one second. Even Bill O'Brien wouldn't trade Russell Wilson for Darnold. No matter what package was offered in return. PC/JS make that move it would end their tenure in the NFL. Neither are that stupid.

Well it’s developing and PC/JS would definitely replace RW with a better QB that isn’t as decorated as RW because RW choked in the playoffs! You cannot over look choking on the big stage ever ever ever!

Your using the word trade I’m using the word replace. I’m focused on cause & effect! Is Sam Darnold the best Player Seattle can acquire this year including the draft? Well according to Pete’s comments multiple times over the last 3 years YES and does the video evidence of Sam Darnold skill sets support Sam being the best player available to Seattle this year, in my opinion YES!
Has Seattle put themselves in a flexible situation to acquire Donald when they should be selling out on the 2021 Super Bowl? Yes.

When Seattle extends RW for cap relief then a RW trade for draft picks is off the table but no matter what if Darnold hits the market you buy him.

acer1240

Reaction score
Hell... Darnold?

I'd trade Russ and Wagner and any first round pick.

He is a great player and even a nicer guy

Elemas

Reaction score
acer1240":csrglj83 said:
Hell... Darnold

LMFAO. I don’t know what you’re day job is but, you’re definitely a comedian.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
acer1240":18zlpus1 said:
Hell... Darnold

Wow spinning back first didn’t see that coming. A great D can be a great O. Looking at your ears for Cauliflower, single leg double leg if you got it shoot in.

acer1240

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3bb1nx2c said:
acer1240":3bb1nx2c said:
Hell... Darnold

Wow spinning back first didn’t see that coming. A great D can be a great O. Looking at your ears for Cauliflower, single leg double leg if you got it shoot in.

I understand. Could not have said it better

You should post more

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":v3ajbzv6 said:
hawkfan68":v3ajbzv6 said:
FresnoHawk68":v3ajbzv6 said:

Well it’s developing and PC/JS would definitely replace RW with a better QB that isn’t as decorated as RW because RW choked in the playoffs! You cannot over look choking on the big stage ever ever ever!

Your using the word trade I’m using the word replace. I’m focused on cause & effect! Is Sam Darnold the best Player Seattle can acquire this year including the draft? Well according to Pete’s comments multiple times over the last 3 years YES and does the video evidence of Sam Darnold skill sets support Sam being the best player available to Seattle this year, in my opinion YES!
Has Seattle put themselves in a flexible situation to acquire Donald when they should be selling out on the 2021 Super Bowl? Yes.

When Seattle extends RW for cap relief then a RW trade for draft picks is off the table but no matter what if Darnold hits the market you buy him.

And again your proof? U have NONE.

NINEster

Reaction score
I don't want to see Wilson traded......I might have to root for him if he goes to a team I like. :lol:

Here's an honest question:

How much better is Wilson now than he was in 2013-2014?

How much worse is the run game/defense now versus those years?

Those respective gaps to me suggest what is needed for the Seahawks to become a true top NFC force in the postseason.

Nobody is as hard on Wilson than me, and I see the gap in his skills as significant over the last several years (hell even versus 2017, 2018). As of 2019 at the absolute latest, he's a real threat to defenses, September thru December, from my critical mouth. Holy f****, no longer can I say "garbage on the road, only good at home".

He's a tremendous regular season QB for a good chunk of the 16 games, but postseason his style of play runs into barriers fast. The drop off has been there every single season of his career except possibly his rookie season. He's never carried the Seahawks in the postseason like he has in recent regular seasons. The simplest explanation is probably that unstructured QB play just doesn't translate at a high level in the postseason. Cover 2 to limit the deep ball, and just sound defense to limit all the unbroken plays.

From the 30,000 foot view, that's the simplest explanation there is.

It's very possible that the delta drop off of new Wilson to old in January/February isn't particularly huge. Meanwhile the rest of the team has dropped off significantly.

To win a bowl with Wilson you'll need closer to 80-85% of the old run game and defense. His salary alone is gonna make that almost impossible, and I honestly don't think it's possible to rebuild an LOB type defense in 2021+........just ain't possible with the rules and state of the game, not to mention you'll need to hit on all sorts of draft picks.

You ride it out with Wilson long term, and accept that you'll need luck to win it all. It will look like mid to late '90s SF more or less. Every year an entertaining team to watch, but SB aspirations were held in check.

Once Wilson is truly done, you move on from him and maybe Pete/JS, reboot it.

Nothing lasts forever. Niners had to do this shit twice since Pete arrived......