Trade Wilson now

AgentDib

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1xeszl5t said:
That's not a terrible position to be in, to be honest. We could afford to make deep dives on both lines and the secondary. Before the Wilson-addicts chew me up, I am not Schneider making this trade - just putting it up on the whiteboard saying "what if".
I agree that the Eagles make a lot more sense from the Hawks perspective than most of the other teams mentioned. However, I don't see Wilson waiving his no trade clause to play in front of a notoriously hyper-critical fanbase like the Eagles.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lord Rodgers is plenty angry at his front office and his contract status. But, as usual, nobody bats an eye. And I seriously doubt half their fanbase is calling for him to be traded.
Be careful what you wish for...……
But hey, if you want to go back to 6 or 7 win seasons, max, maybe you'll get your wish someday.
Only in Seattle :?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RW has $39M in dead money if he is traded. I found this article on dead money. Unless a team is willing compensate the Seahawks finances to reduce the "dead money" hit the Seahawks would suffer in a RW trade, it just ain't happening. Just my two cents.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02...ng back to Player,five years on his contract.

"Players with no dead money on their contract are most at risk of being released or traded (the Texans had no trouble granting J.J. Watt his release because he was due a $17.5 million salary with no dead money). Conversely, having a large dead cap number often protects a player’s roster spot. But in recent years teams have become increasingly cavalier about taking on dead money (though that could change in 2021, with the salary cap set to drop by about $15 million because of the pandemic)."

"The $33.82 million dead-money hit for Wentz is the largest in NFL history (the previous high was Brandin Cooks’s $21.8 million with the Rams last year). The Eagles certainly will be hamstrung by having more than 17 percent of their 2021 salary cap consumed by a quarterback no longer with the team. But they got out from the cash commitments to Wentz, and will have him off the books completely in 2022."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But....but.....the Media and fans say he's going to be traded.
And after 7 months of ridiculous assumptions, he will be under center in 2021. An absolute waste of energy imo.
NOT saying there isn't a little tension. Big deal, QB's having tension with coaches and/or the front office is nothing new. Many of the greats had friction w/their coaches or the front office.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I did a quick Russell Wilson Eagles google search and all it brought up was speculation. It looks like Dan Orlovsky said after Friday the Eagles have the draft capital to make that move and then it looks like some other media ran with it. Unless Orlovsky is a really dialed in Eagles insider this started with just him throwing it out there.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":35vqd3cd said:
I did a quick Russell Wilson Eagles google search and all it brought up was speculation. It looks like Dan Orlovsky said after Friday the Eagles have the draft capital to make that move and then it looks like some other media ran with it. Unless Orlovsky is a really dialed in Eagles insider this started with just him throwing it out there.

Yeah seen another story about the Packers Trading Rodgers also up, lots of click bait stories, hell I keep seeing new ones about Wilson almost daily, best 5 teams that could trade for Wilson, was the latest.

It's like they don't know or care he has a no trade clause except for the teams he suggested and we don't even know if that's factual.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gowex5x said:
Lord Rodgers is plenty angry at his front office and his contract status. But, as usual, nobody bats an eye. And I seriously doubt half their fanbase is calling for him to be traded.
Be careful what you wish for...……
But hey, if you want to go back to 6 or 7 win seasons, max, maybe you'll get your wish someday.
Only in Seattle :?

I just hope Rodgers doesn't have to pay taxes on all the free rent that guy seems to enjoy in a LOT of you guys' heads.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2tr8oxcp said:
HawkRiderFan":2tr8oxcp said:

Yeah seen another story about the Packers Trading Rodgers also up, lots of click bait stories, hell I keep seeing new ones about Wilson almost daily, best 5 teams that could trade for Wilson, was the latest.

It's like they don't know or care he has a no trade clause except for the teams he suggested and we don't even know if that's factual.
Click bait right here:

Seahawks and Packets are considering swapping QBs.

Lol

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
chris98251":21zsh5wf said:
HawkRiderFan":21zsh5wf said:

Perhaps I over-rate ESPN but I am disappointed that they seem to have jumped on board this same train. I can understand the NY guys on Get Up being the market they are in but the rest...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Point taken Fatty. However, I'm referring to the double standards that seem to only apply to Russ. And it has been that way for years. Rodgers is a whining b......always has been.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The Eagles had the intention of drafting Wilson and got a bit too clever in their draft. I guess they figured with Jackson and Flynn we wouldn't be going for a QB. Regardless, it's a regret they would love to correct if given the chance. Since they have amassed 3 to 4 first round picks between the 2032 and 2022 drafts, they potentially have enough to make us an offer we can't refuse.

The Eagles may not be on Wilson's approved list, but they are in a big market with lots of press. They are an old, storied NFL franchise. They would pay Wilson a lot of money. He might be talked into it.

The Seahawks have been cash-strapped ever since breaking the bank for Wilson. Pete is a run-first, big D kind of guy, which he can't do while paying top-dollar for a QB that is arguably overqualified for the position. A cheaper "Wilson-lite" QB like Hurts and a slew of top draft picks could entice Pete to go back to the old plan.

So a team looking for a QB, that has a chance to make right a mistake they made years ago, has the picks to make a deal, has a young mobile QB sort of like Wilson they could throw in the trade... As click-bait scenarios go, at least this one has enough supporting detail to be plausible.

Of course the Lockett extension speaks otherwise, as does the addition of a passing OC and the addition of Gabe Jackson, but it's still not to late to pivot, theoretically, if the right deal presents itself.

Having a QB like Wilson is a blessing, but it does come with that downside of not being able to put enough depth in other places due to him taking up so much of the cap. And when the guy causing the money shortage complains about lack of supporting cast, it never plays well with management and might give them pause for thought.

For the record, I hate massive trade deals with tons of draft picks involved, because they go counter to the philosophy of parity that the league is supposed to be all about. Even when it's finally, possibly our turn to tip the scales our way.

James in PA

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1mq8h92o said:
The Eagles had the intention of drafting Wilson and got a bit too clever in their draft. I guess they figured with Jackson and Flynn we wouldn't be going for a QB. Regardless, it's a regret they would love to correct if given the chance. Since they have amassed 3 to 4 first round picks between the 2032 and 2022 drafts, they potentially have enough to make us an offer we can't refuse.

The Eagles may not be on Wilson's approved list, but they are in a big market with lots of press. They are an old, storied NFL franchise. They would pay Wilson a lot of money. He might be talked into it.

The Seahawks have been cash-strapped ever since breaking the bank for Wilson. Pete is a run-first, big D kind of guy, which he can't do while paying top-dollar for a QB that is arguably overqualified for the position. A cheaper "Wilson-lite" QB like Hurts and a slew of top draft picks could entice Pete to go back to the old plan.

So a team looking for a QB, that has a chance to make right a mistake they made years ago, has the picks to make a deal, has a young mobile QB sort of like Wilson they could throw in the trade... As click-bait scenarios go, at least this one has enough supporting detail to be plausible.

Of course the Lockett extension speaks otherwise, as does the addition of a passing OC and the addition of Gabe Jackson, but it's still not to late to pivot, theoretically, if the right deal presents itself.

Having a QB like Wilson is a blessing, but it does come with that downside of not being able to put enough depth in other places due to him taking up so much of the cap. And when the guy causing the money shortage complains about lack of supporting cast, it never plays well with management and might give them pause for thought.

For the record, I hate massive trade deals with tons of draft picks involved, because they go counter to the philosophy of parity that the league is supposed to be all about. Even when it's finally, possibly our turn to tip the scales our way.
All good points about Philly. I would also add that they have an offensive-minded head coach, which certainly would be a requirement of RW’s. Their GM is sort of like Schneider in that he is not afraid to make big trades. That said, if I were RW, I’d stay away from Philly. It’s no secret that their fans and media are no picnic. Nobody is going to lob softballs like they do at our press conferences. And they’ll let him know when he gives non answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimsalabim

Reaction score
AgentDib":2apt6on0 said:
KiwiHawk":2apt6on0 said:
That's not a terrible position to be in, to be honest. We could afford to make deep dives on both lines and the secondary. Before the Wilson-addicts chew me up, I am not Schneider making this trade - just putting it up on the whiteboard saying "what if".
I agree that the Eagles make a lot more sense from the Hawks perspective than most of the other teams mentioned. However, I don't see Wilson waiving his no trade clause to play in front of a notoriously hyper-critical fanbase like the Eagles.
good grief they cannot be worse than the fan base here that hates him so?

Maulbert

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1hrgj5up said:
AgentDib":1hrgj5up said:
KiwiHawk":1hrgj5up said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...te-worst-and-here-are-9-times-they-proved-it/

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":biih439u said:
AgentDib":biih439u said:
KiwiHawk":biih439u said:
Who here hates him?

Don't mistake people who criticise one aspect of his game or another for "hating" him. He's not a perfect QB. He went through a 4-game stretch last season where he looked like he was playing with a concussion. Over those 4 games he threw 7 interceptions and in the last one had a 57 QB rating and 4.27 yards per attempt. That's highly unlike him. But it happened, so we can't pretend anyone who talks about it is anti-Wilson or hates him.

Discussing a trade scenario that has been mentioned in sporting news sources isn't hatred, either. It's just talk. Speaking for myself, I have not posted anything in this thread suggesting Wilson is anything less than a top-flight QB worthy of 4 first-round picks and a promising 2nd-year QB. That's a king's ransom for one player.

So go ahead, since the fan base here apparently "hates him so", it should be easy to name some names. Let's have them.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":123lic69 said:
brimsalabim":123lic69 said:
AgentDib":123lic69 said:
KiwiHawk":123lic69 said:
Who here hates him?

Don't mistake people who criticise one aspect of his game or another for "hating" him. He's not a perfect QB. He went through a 4-game stretch last season where he looked like he was playing with a concussion. Over those 4 games he threw 7 interceptions and in the last one had a 57 QB rating and 4.27 yards per attempt. That's highly unlike him. But it happened, so we can't pretend anyone who talks about it is anti-Wilson or hates him.

Discussing a trade scenario that has been mentioned in sporting news sources isn't hatred, either. It's just talk. Speaking for myself, I have not posted anything in this thread suggesting Wilson is anything less than a top-flight QB worthy of 4 first-round picks and a promising 2nd-year QB. That's a king's ransom for one player.

So go ahead, since the fan base here apparently "hates him so", it should be easy to name some names. Let's have them.

Tical enough said.

toffee

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":xlhmjoit said:
brimsalabim":xlhmjoit said:
AgentDib":xlhmjoit said:
KiwiHawk":xlhmjoit said:
Who here hates him?

Well said!

AgentDib

Reaction score
brimsalabim":16dp8dmv said:
AgentDib":16dp8dmv said:
KiwiHawk":16dp8dmv said:
Way, way, way, way, way worse. The first time he spins out of the pocket into a sack he will get booed in Philly.

toffee

Reaction score
AgentDib":onjv21zj said:
brimsalabim":onjv21zj said:
AgentDib":onjv21zj said:
KiwiHawk":onjv21zj said:
Way, way, way, way, way worse. The first time he spins out of the pocket into a sack he will get booed in Philly.
Nah, that would be even worse than that big meanie Sherm. Gonna tell Pete to hush them up.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It's difficult to find a toffee post that doesn't rip Russ to shreds. There are plenty of others here too.