Want To Attend Seahawks Games in 2021? Get Vaccinated

cymatica

Reaction score
sutz":6oct45db said:
Perhaps you should get off your high horse and goodle the definition of "gene therapy" which the vaccines are not.

But keep spouting the RW talking points. :34853_doh:

But if you want to go to games, get the shots. :twisted:

Maybe you should get off your high horse and go beyond just a google search. It's not just me or "right wing talking points", many reputable people refer t to it as that including the inventor of mRNA vaccine technology. I get it though, if you just say "rw talking point" or "conspiracy theory" then you can just ridicule and dismiss it. Regardless it's a moot point, but go ahead attack semantics and ignore the data

https://academic.oup.com/intimm/advance ... 13/6194108
Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/83947 ... herapy/amp

massari

Reaction score
cymatica":27w3mjmt said:
sutz":27w3mjmt said:
Perhaps you should get off your high horse and goodle the definition of "gene therapy" which the vaccines are not.

But keep spouting the RW talking points. :34853_doh:

Maybe you should get off your high horse and go beyond just a google search. It's not just me or "right wing talking points", many reputable people refer t to it as that including the inventor of mRNA vaccine technology. I get it though, if you just say "rw talking point" or "conspiracy theory" then you can just ridicule and dismiss it. Regardless it's a moot point, but go ahead attack semantics and ignore the data

https://academic.oup.com/intimm/advance ... 13/6194108
Development of COVID-19 vaccines utilizing gene therapy technology

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/83947 ... herapy/amp
QONVIyz

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO I feel that people who are not vaccinated should be able to be discriminated against. If you have the right to not get vaxed then my business should have the right not to serve you. The whole anti mask and vax argument reminds me of dealing with my children. I feel we need to stop placating these people and start moving on without them. They can “choose” not to be a part of a social society any more if they choose. We should be allowed to move on without them.

cymatica

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2r36avma said:
IMHO I feel that people who are not vaccinated should be able to be discriminated against. If you have the right to not get vaxed then my business should have the right not to serve you. The whole anti mask and vax argument reminds me of dealing with my children. I feel we need to stop placating these people and start moving on without them. They can “choose” not to be a part of a social society any more if they choose. We should be allowed to move on without them.

This mindset right here is part of the problem and it's extremely dangerous. You want to violate peoples right to medical privacy so that you can enforce a policy that discriminates against people based on nothing but irrational fear. Yes irrational if you bother to look into how the data was tracked with both covid and the shots. You not only want to ban people who have legitimate concerns from public life, but you want to ridicule them and act condescending. Just stop, it's really pathetic.

Go look at the VAERS database and then actually read what some skeptical MS and PHDs are saying about the vaccine rollout, especially with new data coming out that is causing concern. I'm guessing with that attitude you won't bother, you've already made up your mind

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No you didn't and it's obvious by your mindless response here. I hope you realize that there are millions, including doctors and nurses, in this country alone, who will not get this gene therapy shot because they bothered to do a little homework. Maybe at least hop on VAERS and tell me why there's a spike in reported vaccination deaths not seen....ever. Oh, that doesn't mean anything, just take the jab so I can go watch football. Pathetic dude

It's sad that you and others just so casually toss out the medical rights of everyone, based on fear, so you can have piece of mind.

AMA says 96 percent of physicians have gotten the shot. Of the four percent who have not, half of them plan on it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... 81dbed591c

Anyone can report on Vaers. Someone actually went on there some years ago and wrote that a vaccine was turning him into literally the Invisible Hulk.

The shots are not gene therapy just because they happen to deliver mRNA that tells a cell to make an offending protein. If you think they are, though, J&J is a viral-vector. You had several viral-vector shots in childhood.

The fact that the shots work so well so far is why everything is reopening, including games. It is less risk for you to come out now that everyone knows that the more of the population does this, the more everyone else is.

The more of you there remain, of course, the more things could go fubar this fall.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":95aeyxfb said:
scutterhawk":95aeyxfb said:
By getting my shots, wearing a mask, keeping my hands clean while at the grocery stores, I've done as much as I could to ensure that I WON'T be the reason someone dies, or even gets sick from a carefree, careless, & self centered attitude...This ol' world isn't Just About Me...OH AND!!

Ah yes, the Mother Teresa act. 'Its all about others, thats why you should get the shots' is just another guilt tactic. You got the shots, wore a mask, and washed your hands so that YOU wouldnt die. Be honest with yourself. The good samaritan, peace prize garbage is all a bunch of BS that people tout to make themselves feel and sound good. I hear it all the time from people I know damn well who could care less about anybody else but puke that crap out anyways just to defend their stance. Its tiresome. If you truly felt that strongly about it, you wouldnt be in a grocery store taking those chances. You could have your groceries delivered. So no, you havent done as much as you could.
So, hmm, doing right by others gets up under your skin? :177692: ....GOOD!
It's OBVIOUSLY easier for thou to criticize others for trying to do the right thing, than to just "Do The Right Thing" yourself-ish.

pmedic920

Reaction score
cymatica":g5wsnomw said:
Hollandhawk":g5wsnomw said:
cymatica":g5wsnomw said:
SantaClaraHawk":g5wsnomw said:
Anyone who objects to mRNA tech (Pfizer and Moderna) can choose J&J.

Anyone who objects to fetal cell lines being involved can choose Pfizer/Moderna.

I'm getting sick of hearing people try to justify not getting either when really, it comes down to the individual being personally uncomfortable doing so.

You obviously didn't watch the video and already dismissed it despite the evidence discussed. I'm sick of arrogant people wagging their finger and demonizing people who are skeptical about taking an experimental gene therapy shot.

If you want to put crap in your body because you trust it, that's on you, but don't push it on others and act like you know anything at all about the reactions people may have short or long term. There's already been several deaths and adverse reactions, verifiable. I guess those people are just an afterthought so you can have yourfootball

Several deaths and adverse side effects…. Luckily nobody has died of covid or gotten extremely ill. :sarcasm_off:

Please explain the logic of mass vaccinations for people who have virtually no risk of anything other than flu symptoms. Why should I be essentially forced to receive gene therapy if my body already developed antibodies. Please explain why we should just roll the dice and give this to children when the only demographic at high risk is the sick and elderly.

I'll take my chance with the covid that my body easily fought off a year ago than a new shot that is not safe or effective if you bother to dig beyond Facebook or corporate news.
The logic?

As clearly stated multiple times in this thread, the “logic” is, it’s not only about the individual that chooses or not to get vaccinated.

It’s a simple concept, vaccines have been around in different forms for generations.

The fact is, these vaccines are what’s best for our society as a whole, the risks and inconveniences are minimal similar to the law that states you must wear a seatbelt while driving your car.

The decision to get vaccinated IS NOT only about you.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3oyrk3be said:
No you didn't and it's obvious by your mindless response here. I hope you realize that there are millions, including doctors and nurses, in this country alone, who will not get this gene therapy shot because they bothered to do a little homework. Maybe at least hop on VAERS and tell me why there's a spike in reported vaccination deaths not seen....ever. Oh, that doesn't mean anything, just take the jab so I can go watch football. Pathetic dude

It's sad that you and others just so casually toss out the medical rights of everyone, based on fear, so you can have piece of mind.

AMA says 96 percent of physicians have gotten the shot. Of the four percent who have not, half of them plan on it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapse ... 81dbed591c

Anyone can report on Vaers. Someone actually went on there some years ago and wrote that a vaccine was turning him into literally the Invisible Hulk.

The shots are not gene therapy just because they happen to deliver mRNA that tells a cell to make an offending protein. If you think they are, though, J&J is a viral-vector. You had several viral-vector shots in childhood.

The fact that the shots work so well so far is why everything is reopening, including games. It is less risk for you to come out now that everyone knows that the more of the population does this, the more everyone else is.

The more of you there remain, of course, the more things could go fubar this fall.

Finally someone said it about VAERS, it’s about as reliable as your uncle in Arkansas on Facebook, people. I can literally go on there and say the flu vaccine gave me an extra third ear, no follow up, no nothing it’s just posted there.

sutz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2is3lbhx said:
sutz":2is3lbhx said:

Nope
You do you, of course, but one of the reasons I got the shots was to protect myself against people like you. :twisted:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1ykdp3g4 said:
pittpnthrs":1ykdp3g4 said:
sutz":1ykdp3g4 said:

Nope
You do you, of course, but one of the reasons I got the shots was to protect myself against people like you. :twisted:

I'll fully admit that I, too, wasn't motivated to be protection for unvaccinated adults.

But hey, it helps us too. Since we're all around them, there's less of a chance of them catching it or worse, which means less chance of public health getting involved.

So I gotta now say. C'mon in. Sit next to me. If not vaxed and wearing a mask, I'm gonna give you an elbow bump, you know. Because it's a commendable stance to take max responsibility.

As far as the other non-vaxxers, not like I'm going to know, but sitting amongst us means again less of a potential problem for public health. Which as we all know has the power to order all sorts of things.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, many will go to the first pre season game because it's been a year plus and to get familiar with anything that has changed. Those that are non vaxxers and go and have contagion level symptoms can spread it, those that are vaxed and have the Virus will infect those non vaxxed. Either way the non vaxxers lose.

If by Game day Regular season we see a spike they could roll back shutdowns due to these events.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":10wv6fvq said:
I look at it this way, many will go to the first pre season game because it's been a year plus and to get familiar with anything that has changed. Those that are non vaxxers and go and have contagion level symptoms can spread it, those that are vaxed and have the Virus will infect those non vaxxed. Either way the non vaxxers lose.

If by Game day Regular season we see a spike they could roll back shutdowns due to these events.

One problem is that the virus is creating variants. Unvaxed people are creating the environment for this. It is entirely possible that if the virus sticks around long enough it will crate a variant that is not covered by the current crop of vaccinations. This is what the anti tax crowd is dong to the rest of us like it or not.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2ebefj1z said:
chris98251":2ebefj1z said:

One problem is that the virus is creating variants. Unvaxed people are creating the environment for this. It is entirely possible that if the virus sticks around long enough it will crate a variant that is not covered by the current crop of vaccinations. This is what the anti tax crowd is dong to the rest of us like it or not.

That possibility is unlikely.

First, people who have had covid have some natural immunity, including toward these variants. Otherwise double-infections including with variants wouldn't be so rare that they make the news. We also know from studies that this is true of vaccinated people, so much more so that the government is now subsidizing shots for the recovered anyway.

Second, attending a regional outdoor attraction means you'll be surrounded by people in the region--and that's especially true for Seattle. Four in five people vaccinated means the one who isn't is at less risk.

The only way I see a risk to teams just having fans be like they were in 2019 is if a large bunch of nonvaxxers did a huge meetup and went to a game resulting in at least half a dozen going to the ER. But then all people would have to point out is that the meetup was at some olive garden or something, and if they caught it, they caught it there.

I don't see them being enough of a factor to ruin our enjoyment of the games, even though it is irritating to be a meat shield for them.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3q4ngd4r said:
Year of The Hawk":3q4ngd4r said:
chris98251":3q4ngd4r said:

That possibility is unlikely.

First, people who have had covid have some natural immunity, including toward these variants. Otherwise double-infections including with variants wouldn't be so rare that they make the news. We also know from studies that this is true of vaccinated people, so much more so that the government is now subsidizing shots for the recovered anyway.

Second, attending a regional outdoor attraction means you'll be surrounded by people in the region--and that's especially true for Seattle. Four in five people vaccinated means the one who isn't is at less risk.

The only way I see a risk to teams just having fans be like they were in 2019 is if a large bunch of nonvaxxers did a huge meetup and went to a game resulting in at least half a dozen going to the ER. But then all people would have to point out is that the meetup was at some olive garden or something, and if they caught it, they caught it there.

I don't see them being enough of a factor to ruin our enjoyment of the games, even though it is irritating to be a meat shield for them.

King County is well Vaccinated, North and South of it last time I looked in the 35 percentile, now add that many come from there as well as out of state and fly in.

jeremiah

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":s709lqzk said:
sutz":s709lqzk said:
pittpnthrs":s709lqzk said:
sutz":s709lqzk said:

Nope

I'll fully admit that I, too, wasn't motivated to be protection for unvaccinated adults.

But hey, it helps us too. Since we're all around them, there's less of a chance of them catching it or worse, which means less chance of public health getting involved.

So I gotta now say. C'mon in. Sit next to me. If not vaxed and wearing a mask, I'm gonna give you an elbow bump, you know. Because it's a commendable stance to take max responsibility.

As far as the other non-vaxxers, not like I'm going to know, but sitting amongst us means again less of a potential problem for public health. Which as we all know has the power to order all sorts of things.

Short response would be: Put the needle in the skin, or else you wear the mask again. Baaaaaaaaa

jeremiah

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2ltaabyr said:
chris98251":2ltaabyr said:

Reverse this, those who take the jab are feeding the variants. Nobody gave shots during the middle of a pandemic.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
2 things:

1 - Just getting the shots isn't 100%. Against original Covid 98%, but against the variants supposedly 80. To be honest, based on the tremendously small sample sizes but stories I am hearing from the hospital, probably closer to 60.

2 - The theory that people getting the shots are creating the virus doesn't wash. There were several incidents at the hospital where people that got the shots got the Delta variant (and bad versions of it), but in all of them they were traced to a group of people that did not get the shots. Admittedly, small sample sizes but this is what is happening in Seattle now.

This isn't new or strange. Viruses mutate. We are trying to get everyone to get their shots for the same reason we ask people to take ALL their antibiotics, not just until the symptoms go away. With living pathogens, the mutations are slower though, with viruses orders of magnitude faster.

Some people not getting shots is allowing this stuff to keep footholds and there is strong evidence (and certainly 1st hand conversations I've had that verify this) that it is allowing the variants to slowly gain effectiveness against the vaccinated.

I am aware of the morons spreading conspiracy theories the shots is causing the variants. The people determinedly clinging to reasons to make this political are doggedly spinning weirdly complex conspiracy theories in order to both keep their delusions and encourage people not to protect themselves (and others)

Takeaways:

1 - If you can get the shots, get them. 80% or even 60% resistance isn't perfect against the variants but it is better than 0 and this stuff is horrifically contagious. Even more so than the original Covid.

2 - If you got the shots, don't be surprised if Fall or Winter you see a call for people to get booster shots.

3 - You are not perfectly safe just because you had the shots. You are much safer. No need for shutdowns but don't go licking doorknobs. Continuing to wash your hands isn't a bad idea.

4 - If you don't get the shots, please at least think about it. And if you cannot, please protect yourself and others. Do the hygiene thing, the distancing thing, and wear the mask (it isn't perfect, but some protection is better than none)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":6dhuigu2 said:
2 things:

1 - Just getting the shots isn't 100%. Against original Covid 98%, but against the variants supposedly 80. To be honest, based on the tremendously small sample sizes but stories I am hearing from the hospital, probably closer to 60.

Effectiveness against the variants with no vaccination? 0%

Also you're not taking into account even when there is a breakthrough case with covid or the variants, the percentage of hospitalization and serious illness is extremely low. The vaccine greatly reduces the effectiveness of the strain.

Also also, not sure why this thread has turned into pro or con vaccination. If you're hesitant to get the vaccine? Totally you're right.

The Hawks and other sports organizations wanting to maximize ticket sales and attendance by telling people they have to be vaccinated? Also their right.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Absolutely.

Nobody should feel they are being forced to take a shot that makes them feel unsafe.

But if they make that choice, they should at least do mask, distance, and hygiene. For the most part, people not getting the shots seem to be OK with complying with that ask and graciously being understanding of why.

At the same time, it is vile some people who won't get the shots also are spreading dogma as well, even happening here. That isn't OK. We need as many people vaccinated as possible just to help the people that don't get the chance to make the choice that most of us do (ie cancer patients, immune-compromised, etc)

However, just getting the shots does not make you immune and perfectly safe. It increases your safety but you still need to be aware this stuff can and will radically change the lives of someone that had the shots. You probably shouldn't just fling your mask off and throw caution to the wind because you go the shots.

The Seahawks taking this stance of asking for shots or masks (ideally both) is good for the fans and the players.

What I do know is that it won't be like last year. If we lose a player due to a non-asymptomatic Covid, we likely lose that player for 1/3 the season...if not longer. Even if they had the shots. So the Seahawks seem to be aware and taking the right course on this.