We Were All Wrong

acer1240

Reaction score
Austin, I suggest you go back and read our exchange. You are the one that got personal, I tried to avoid all of that. I told you repeatedly to stop, but you want to continue crossing that line in the main forum. It's not appropriate.
You're doing exactly that. Come on man. Wanna fight? Fine we can shack it. You hate me anyway but the main forum is trash because of threads like this.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
You're doing exactly that. Come on man. Wanna fight? Fine we can shack it. You hate me anyway but the main forum is trash because of threads like this.

I didn't start this thread, and have a small minority of posts within it. Austin wanted to get personal, I repeatedly told him not to do that and to get back on topic. What else do you want here?

I would suggest the same thing to you, your post has no place in this thread. PM me or take it to the shack. No need to derail the thread this way.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Literally everyone responding to him has been every bit as arrogant. Do people really want a consensus on thought here? I like hearing different opinions. Apparently a lot of people don’t. At least the dude drives dialogue.
I for one enjoy Fade's posts in large part because they are too easy to pick apart and laugh at. And as Fade's consigliere, your post's have brought a few smiles too. Please do carry on. My arrogance needs feeding.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I for one enjoy Fade's posts in large part because they are too easy to pick apart and laugh at. And as Fade's consigliere, your post's have brought a few smiles too. Please do carry on. My arrogance needs feeding.
lol I don’t even agree with his thoughts on this issue which is ironic that got lost in this thread. Anyway have a good night.

acer1240

Reaction score
I didn't start this thread, and have a small minority of posts within it. Austin wanted to get personal, I repeatedly told him not to do that and to get back on topic. What else do you want here?

I would suggest the same thing to you, your post has no place in this thread. PM me or take it to the shack. No need to derail the thread this way.
You're right on this one. I was just tired of seeing the attacks is all. This is supposed to be fun. We will keep our differences in the shack. I'm actually shocked this thread hasn't been moved.

Ozzy

Reaction score
You're right on this one. I was just tired of seeing the attacks is all. This is supposed to be fun. We will keep our differences in the shack. I'm actually shocked this thread hasn't been moved.
I started the attacks in this thread? I jumped at about page 10 lol and didn’t say shit to Hawkstrong. But I agree this forum should be fun and not like the shack. Almost every thread devolves into this tho

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
For some this 15-page thread is trash, for others this 15-page thread is treasure.

You are free to not click, to not post, or to post complaining about it. It seems perhaps you are enjoying a little trash or maybe it really is treasure.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
I started the attacks in this thread? I jumped at about page 10 lol and didn’t say shit to Hawkstrong. But I agree this forum should be fun and not like the shack. Almost every thread devolves into this tho

It devolves into "this" because of posts like yours:

Your behavior in this thread has been combative and personally insulting from the jump. You wonder why people respond the way they do to you? It's not hard to explain...

Ozzy

Reaction score
It devolves into "this" because of posts like yours:

Your behavior in this thread has been combative and personally insulting from the jump. You wonder why people respond the way they do to you? It's not hard to explain...
That was hilarious. You’re trolling had reached new levels. I literally told someone maybe they’re right and I’ll try to do better. I know your trolling but it still sucks.

Nunya

Reaction score
I agree with everything but the attack part. I think many people are simply responding to the antithesis of truth that originates from between Fade's ears and into the forum.

Responding with doubt or even ridicule for what is seemingly often/always solely a jaded opinion fancied up with pretty stats and irrelevant future prognostications is reasonable on a forum where discussions take place. Some may consider these responses attacks, but I have no ill will toward Fade. I am not and won't attack Fade. I don't know Fade. I only know the limited mind on display here which sometimes I enjoy responding to.

Fade is excellent at muddying the waters and some people don't know how to question the veracity of what is being presented or even to simply pull the plug. Recently (maybe this has always been - maybe not as I don't always read this forum) things posted by Fade are filled with stuff but not with relevant substance related to many topics.

Fade presents in this forum as an instigator and a know-it-all. Perhaps Fade is nothing of the sort elsewhere but people tend to perceive based upon what is presented. Fade has created a persona here that receives many responses and it is reasonable to think that is simply the end goal in and of itself. Someone mentioned Bayless or Smith and that makes sense to me.

The negative taint coming from Fade clearly works for some, but it's really the opposite of how many people view the world.

This I suspect is why Fade and others have such a visceral negative take on Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll seems to see the world in a fundamentally different way than Fade and some others seem to, assuming that Fade and others like Fade are serious in what they post here.

I have no problem with Fade or others posting whatever they choose to post, but for anyone not to expect a response or criticism or challenge or a bit of a prod or a laugh at some of the ridiculousness on a forum designed for discourse is naïve.
I would like to be clear. I have nothing personal against Fade. I do think he does post many decent threads at times...some points he makes I may even agree with. What gets my panties in a bunch are claims of absolute based on feelings and unrealistic expectations that are completely beyond the reality of professional football. Claims like "The Seahawks will never advance in post season with PC" as an example and basing that claim on recent success or failure. Football does not work like that and there are many examples in history to prove it. Andy Reid and Geno Smith are two examples that immediately come to mind, but given time I can think of many more. Football is not a chess match. It is a team sport where every player on the field...and the coaches decisions...have an impact on the outcome, along with officiating, injuries, and even the fan base. A player that played spectacularly on one Sunday could stink up the field the next Sunday. That is the true meaning of "Any given Sunday".

p.s. and I do apologize to Fade if I was too harsh or insulting. I'm just too damn old to pull punches.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would like to be clear. I have nothing personal against Fade. I do think he does post many decent threads at times...some points he makes I may even agree with. What gets my panties in a bunch are claims of absolute based on feelings and unrealistic expectations that are completely beyond the reality of professional football. Claims like "The Seahawks will never advance in post season with PC" as an example and basing that claim on recent success or failure. Football does not work like that and there are many examples in history to prove it. Andy Reid and Geno Smith are two examples that immediately come to mind, but given time I can think of many more. Football is not a chess match. It is a team sport where every player on the field...and the coaches decisions...have an impact on the outcome, along with officiating, injuries, and even the fan base. A player that played spectacularly on one Sunday could stink up the field the next Sunday. That is the true meaning of "Any given Sunday".

p.s. and I do apologize to Fade if I was too harsh or insulting. I'm just too damn old to pull punches.
That was my point originally. Agree or disagree he posts some interesting stuff for the forum and it just felt like people were wanting to run him off.
Now I contributed to the shit show admittedly so I’m guilty as well it just felt like this thread derailed early on.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
This needn't even be said but it is true of course.

It will serve your panties better to enjoy Fade's posts and poke holes in them and laugh at them. Fade is clearly not of mind or interest to have a dialogue based upon a common set of facts from which to discuss.

Expecting something different by using logic when logic is not the basis for Fade's presentation is going to result in a lot of twisted panties. I do enjoy Fade's posts at times and other times I simply scroll on by. This may be a way to save on clothes shopping. :)

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Agree or disagree he posts some interesting stuff for the forum

Debatable. I don't find flame bait interesting.

and it just felt like people were wanting to run him off.

That's the reaction he wants, you do understand that yes? Go back and re-read the OP with that understanding and you will see exactly why he gets what he gets.

Last edited:

acer1240

Reaction score
Didn't mean to imply that. Was just saying that this turned into a shit show. Nothing to do with you brother.

Latest posts