We Were All Wrong

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Wait so this is a discussion board and you're mad I made a point? You understand how a message board works I'm assuming? Did you just want a Fade/Largent showdown? Again man not sure what the **** happened to you, you used to be a great poster who could hear different opinions without defaulting to being arrogant or better than everyone else.

Didn't Fade admit to being wrong?

Supporting Fade when he is purposely being a troll is not where you want to be

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dang, y'all still damage controlling for Geno in here?

Geno Smith hasn't earned the starting job, despite being the highest graded QB per PFF in the pre-season (with 0 TD passes. LOL) And can't beat out the Covid stricken Drew Lock?

Say it ain't so? If Geno was half as good as some are claiming he would've already been named the starter, not dragging out the competition well into September.

The hills people choose to die on, I'll never understand.

@PNW25 Condescension. This is why this thread is getting the response it is. Constant condescension.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is a team with the right coach that should make the Super Bowl in a down NFC, NFCCG minimum. However, Pete will find a way to lose in the WC or Division round. It is his shtick at this point.

Pete must make the NFCCG. There is no excuse why he can't.

Oh, really? This is you under two months ago:

No one would/could win a Super Bowl in Seattle though as they've been constructed, so that isn't saying much. Pete has mismanaged the team for far too long. The longer Pete stays the worse it gets.

Which is it? Lmao.

Fade, I can say with complete confidence that no one came CLOSE to being as diligently incorrect as you have been proven in just 7 weeks. I won't even post your Wilson taeks, which are now also hilarious.

Just stop, dude. It's sad. Take the L.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
As much as I have faith in this team I also don’t want to predict anything. I’m glad Pete is being redeemed some. He has shown us once again how he is an amazing coach. There were times we all blamed him. But now we will never blame him to the extent we did.

What do we do with Geno next year is the big question. If he plays this way he will demand a decent dollar. Does Pete think any decent QB can thrive in this system? Will be great to see. If Denver is awful and Seattle makes the playoffs we will still have some great picks next year. And if they hit like they did this past one. Oh boy this team will be dangerous! Haha. Get it?
It's nice to see you give some props to Pete. But it is quite disingenuous to claim we all did anything. Many people were always fully behind Pete Carroll and could see beyond moments in time where things looked ugly. So we is simply not true. Claim your own reversal and do so proudly.

The Seahawks have been in every game this year - even in San Francisco. That's how the Seahawks play - competitively and with an understanding that their preparation and execution will lead to great results over time. When things aren't working they understand how to adjust. We have seen that with the defense the last two weeks.

Three weeks ago some people were claiming the Seahawks defense was the worst defense ever to play the game and Pete was washed up and incapable of fielding a defense for today's NFL. Were you nodding along when reading this hyperbole?

Oops, I guess that take looks a bit silly after what must be the greatest possible coaching job ever in all of sports in all of time by a senile washed up coach incapable of understanding how today's game of football is played.... sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

Nuance and big picture is everyone's friend. Hyperbole more often than not will bite you in the derrière.

The Seahawks will possibly lose ugly again this year - how will you feel then? How will you respond? Will you again follow another of Fade's deceptive feelings post posed as analysis?

When the Seahawks lose again, especially if it's ugly, I will be happy knowing the mistakes will make the players and the team better in the long term. The culture that Pete Carroll, one of the greatest football coaches in the game, has built is based in growth and learning and maximizing strengths and developing weaknesses and succeeding over time.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
@PNW25 Condescension. This is why this thread is getting the response it is. Constant condescension.
He (not so secretly) agrees with Fade's takes for the most part.
Pretending to take the middle ground while taking issue with any post slamming Russ or praising Pete
His game is becoming transparent too

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not sure why it's so hard for some fans to admit they were wrong.

I was wrong, I thought the game had passed Pete by. I said it here 100 times over the past 5-6 years, because I thought Russell's struggles and the team's struggles were partly Pete's fault.

Not that the HC shouldn't shoulder blame when things don't go well. But NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE other than Pete and the players inside that locker room thought this team would be 4-3 and playing at this level.
In December of last season, I strongly advocated firing Pete, but when our management decided to stick with him, I pledged to refrain from calling for his head at least until December 2022 when could appraise another season, and I've lived up to that commitment. I see no reason why I should change now and say that I was wrong and that he deserves X number of years as our head coach because we're 4-3 instead of something more of what we expected, like 2-5.

Having said that, I was very pleased with the way him and John handled the draft and the offseason in general. They didn't do something stupid, like Cleveland and Denver did by making a big trade for a veteran QB, and they didn't bring in some cast off like Baker Mayfield or Jimmy G. They also broke their own tradition by not trading down in the draft past good talent or take unconventional reaches. It was the best draft we've had in nearly a decade.

I'm also impressed at how our team is coming together, particularly how our defense is finally coming to the party. It's still early and a lot can happen, but I like what I've seen the past couple of games.

So, although I'm still not making my personal prognosis on Pete, I can say that it's looking good so far.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Fades entire internet personality is centered around bashing Pete Carroll. If the Seahawks were to win the SB he'd say it was in spite of Pete. Sad he has nothing better to do!
Speaking of bashing Pete Carroll - where is Twisted? I kind of miss the long-winded anti Pete Carroll posts based in feelings and not reality. Twisted - how's Pete Carroll doing now? I'm not worried - with the next loss a post is likely in the chamber for firing. We miss you! :D

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The NFC is garbage.

Why do you keep saying this? There are fewer AFC teams (3) than NFC Teams (4) with better records than the Seahawks.

Outside of the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe the Jets, who, in the AFC, can go toe to toe with the Seahawks right now? In the NFC I would say Eagles, Giants (maybe), Rams, Niners, and Vikings could give us a run. (Outside of a "any given Sunday" scenario, of course)

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Speaking of bashing Pete Carroll - where is Twisted? I kind of miss the long-winded anti Pete Carroll posts based in feelings and not reality. Twisted - how's Pete Carroll doing now? I'm not worried - with the next loss a post is likely in the chamber for firing. We miss you! :D
twisted has started to come around. sometimes it takes longer for others to let go of a conception.

Ozzy

Reaction score
When its all said and done, the 2 to 3 drafts prior to this year will look better and better as players like Eskridge, Brown, Taylor, Brooks, Parkinson and one or two others continue their improved play.
Parkinson might be my favorite of the group. He's such a unique talent

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Not sure why it's so hard for some fans to admit they were wrong.

I was wrong, I thought the game had passed Pete by. I said it here 100 times over the past 5-6 years, because I thought Russell's struggles and the team's struggles were partly Pete's fault.

Not that the HC shouldn't shoulder blame when things don't go well. But NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE other than Pete and the players inside that locker room thought this team would be 4-3 and playing at this level.
I appreciate that you are mature enough to state you were wrong though your last paragraph is inaccurate, perhaps based upon how extreme your prior take on Pete Carroll was. Kudos to you. One transparent truthful apology is all that is needed.

I think many people, like me, didn't predict any particular record because seven games in I could see any record being possible.

With all of the changes and the unknowns coming into this season predicting a record seems a bit silly, but what I have always had confidence in was Pete Carroll as head coach and the culture that he has created.

I would have been somewhat surprised if the Seahawks were winless at this point just as I would have been somewhat surprised if they were undefeated. Being around .500 after 7 games is not at all surprising.

Given that Pete Carroll's teams are based in growth and development over time this bodes well for the rest of the season.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
This is just a thinly veiled attempt to divert the credit from Carroll, and set a ridiculously high bar, so that you can come back to it, at the end of the season, and say, "See? Pete is so awful that he can't even take THIS team all the way."

Where were you calling this a "NFCCG quality" roster before now? Once Pete showed what the roster HE BUILT could do, you now say he's a failure if he can't take it all the way to the penultimate game.

View attachment 55341
Honestly, Fade makes me laugh a lot. This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons in years and I look forward to Fade's posts - especially as the facts begin to diverge so distinctly from Fade's purported wisdom.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

He's similarly lurking, trying to decide what his next take will be to save face

He tried the "Pete's defense sucks" mantra a few weeks ago

So back to the drawing board

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
lol He's always respectful and just because someone disagrees with you or anyone else doesn't mean that he only cares about being right.

How do we know he was wrong about Russ? Just because the wheels fell off this year? Way too many variables to assume Russ sucked and was propped up by Pete don't you think? Judging Seattle based on what is going on in Denver is goofy.

Now Pete has done a great job this year. I have my reasons why I think that is the case but regardless he's doing a great job this year. Doesn't mean he didn't make massive mistakes in previous years either.

Social media has ruined dialogue. Everything is binary and either/or it seems.
but......

It is difficult to admit being wrong. Perhaps this wouldn't be an issue if people didn't ride the hyperbole train in the first place.

Your feelings are valid for you certainly. I hope you can find a hug.

Last edited:

Latest posts