Week 2 Vipers @ Dragons Gameday Thread.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Maybe the dragons are the seahawks,but with out Russell Wilson. Heart attack finish, great win

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Wow! The Dragons were on TV in KANSAS and I got to see it, and they WON!
It was great. Man there were lots of fans in the stands and they were loud! Very impressive show of support. People around the country will see that and try to compete, don't ya think?

Loved seeing Zorn back in action.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
BlueThunder":ipdwjex6 said:
LOL... Imagine if they threw Russ in there. They'd OWN this league...

Very true but they don't have to have Wilson to own the league. If they had Geno Smith or even TJack, they'd own the league. I'm not a fan of either but I know they'd be millions times better than Silvers. How this guy is even in the league is puzzling. He does nothing well. Heck, I believe playing Zorn, at 66 years old, would be better than what we've seen from Silvers so far.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2f30w6al said:
BlueThunder":2f30w6al said:
LOL... Imagine if they threw Russ in there. They'd OWN this league...

Very true but they don't have to have Wilson to own the league. If they had Geno Smith or even TJack, they'd own the league. I'm not a fan of either but I know they'd be millions times better than Silvers. How this guy is even in the league is puzzling. He does nothing well. Heck, I believe playing Zorn, at 66 years old, would be better than what we've seen from Silvers so far.
Silvers biggest issue IMHO, is he only throws bullets. He has no touch on his passes, they are all 95mph fastballs.
It’s too bad because I want all of these guys to succeed and have a shot at the NFL. Would like to see an in game QB rotation until one guys either wins a job or loses the job.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
daveman918":2ep3ri2h said:
I don’t see how Silvers is better than B.J. Daniels.

I have heard some negative things about Silver today for some connected people i was talking with at the game.

Let's just say I have to wonder if he is fully invested in this.

Id like to see BJ start. He was warming up right before the long TD to Keenen Reynolds which probably gave Silvers the continued opportunity.

Seafan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3up65emy said:
Brandon Silvers is awful. I've seen blind guys throw with better accuracy. The biggest weakness the Dragons currently have is QB.

He only practiced once this week. He showed no rhythm. Still missing our best two OL, LT and C. Could get a big boost from SJ Green suiting up this week.

notyou

Reaction score
Silvers got lucky on that td. He's been horrible otherwise.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He threw one good pass all game and missed on several others. I dont think they go far with him. If he didnt make that long pass BJ would of been in the next series.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1shev0yr said:
Cyrus12":1shev0yr said:
Zorn adjust...put BJ in!
Agree. Silvers has shown nothing, his body language and facial expressions are bad as well.

Maybe on the inside Silvers is legitimately dedicated and determined, but the outside portrayal is frustratingly opposite of what we want to see in our quarterback leading our team -- essentially a passive block of ice slowly melting. He looks like a kid having to go on a stupid trip with his parents, looking around at boring stuff, being completely unenthused with anything, and wishing he were back at home building things with Legos. Must be one reason why he's not in the NFL.

DHawk

Reaction score
How about that crowd noise for the Dragons yesterday!? I think they should give Daniels a go at QB. Couldn't hurt to see if there is an uptick on offense with him operating under center. Defense was getting pretty great pressure consistently as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seafan":3ez83duj said:
hawkfan68":3ez83duj said:
Brandon Silvers is awful. I've seen blind guys throw with better accuracy. The biggest weakness the Dragons currently have is QB.

He only practiced once this week. He showed no rhythm. Still missing our best two OL, LT and C. Could get a big boost from SJ Green suiting up this week.

His play was deplorable last week as well. That's 2 weeks where he has been a weak spot. If he's injured, then he shouldn't be playing.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am reading that QB play league wide has been an issue, considering all these coaches and players have kinda of been thrown together all at once and in a pretty short period of time defense would dominate, getting in sync, timing, knowing your players and more would take some period of adjustment.

I only can imagine in about three weeks things should begin to look better overall.

But it could be a bit ugly till then.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Walker and Ta'amu have both looked good.

I think the Dragons have a very strong Defense.