We're sorry, Tical. You were right, please forgive us, Tical

TCHawks

Reaction score
so ten years in and after two bad games the NFL just figured Wilson out? Is Tical for real or a long time troll?

TCHawks

Reaction score
Fade":1oc7dacq said:
I appreciate the gloat, but you'll need a much bigger sample size. I'll never understand how people jump to conclusions. Imagine sitting there watching the games, season after season with this kind of confirmation bias, as Wilson is stacking probowls & wins year after year, waiting… biding your time for that "Aha! See I told you so!" moment.

Problem. Elite QBs go through bad streches in their careers, it happens. Wilson, incredibly has been one of the few to avoid it for the most part. Rodgers was playing like Alex Smith for the better part of 3 years in his mid 30's. It took ousting Mike McCarthy and bringing in a new coach, and he actually got worse. Then in year 2 with that same new coach he popped and won another MVP.

Brady's last year in New England, people called him done. Mahomes has been in a funk dating back to last year. But unlike Pete, Andy Reed doesn't shut the offense down and turtle up, he stays aggressive and continues to battle through it. Because he understands the bigger picture, and the rewards that will come when he finally breaks through. Pete would handle Mahomes the opposite. Shut everything down, play the field position game, and hope you can win it in the 4th.

Pete has impeded Russell Wilson's development over the course of his career. But even with that, stack up Wilson's numbers over the last 50 games against anyone. He is better statistically or right there with anyone you want to name. While doing it behind lower ranked O-Lines, with an outdated defensive coach that has the reigns pulled tight for large stretches of the game, with mediocre to bad running games, and with only 1 or 2 viable receiving targets at most over that time.

Pete's plan is to rope-a-dope the opponent for 3 quarters, and then bring in the Russell magic and try to win it in the 4th. Well, what happens when the QB is injured and not himself, or you're playing with a backup? Pete has no idea, he doesn't have any answers.

But all of this is moot. Wilson clearly is done with Pete, they are getting a divorce. He wants to be with an offensive head coach. Whether that is here or elsewhere. Wilson will bounce back, eventually. Whether that is in a month, next season, or the season after. Pete will not, he is done. And the longer he stays the worse it's going to get.

This was a fantastic post. Wilson leads the NFL in touchdowns since 2017 what a colassal failure he is, tical is obviously right guys

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2eanvgs9 said:
Wilson played an entire year, on essentially a walking boot, with little to no run game.

We used quick passes that entire year. He couldn't run at all. And our run game was iffy to poor that year.

So the whole 'He can only be good with a good run game' is ridiculous as the reason for his struggles. Also, EVERY QB is worse without any run game.

Now, if you want to take the stance that Wilson is not great at many skills that most NFL QBs are good to great at? Sure.

Wilson is exceptional to elite at many things that most NFL QBs struggle with.

But he is below average in many 'basic' NFL QB skills too.

So that is on the coach to find a way to use him that highlight his strengths and diminish his weaknesses.

But Carroll does not do this because Carroll has one idea and will use it regardless of need, impact, opponent, roster, or anything else. He forces square pegs into round holes regularly, and this is just Wilson's turn.

Is Wilson worth it?

-Wilson is exceptionally accurate throwing deep.

-He can throw on the move with tremendous accuracy.

-Wilson on the move does not significantly limit his vision (whereas most defenses are predicated on moving the QB)

-He does not get stressed or flustered under pressure or in big moments.

Those are all tremendously difficult to find and or defend. If you cannot use that, that is on you as the coach.

But....

Wilson was hurt. He came back. Does he look the same as before? Sure as hell doesn't to me.

I find it odd that all these issues only manifested to this degree after he was hurt.

You don't think there is the smallest % chance that the hand injury either continues to be a problem or led to other bad habits that he now cannot shake? It sure looks like it.
Yep, ^^^^^ that was in 2015 if I remember correctly, that was when RUSS & DOUG BALDWIN (Russ' outlet guy) were tearing chit up.
Since DB retired, & our Offensive line play still not getting up to speed, Wilson is having some problems re-adapting.
I thought we had some of a DB 2.0 with Lockett, but Pete is still trying to take it back to a Run Heavy Offense, but doesn't have the horses to run it, at least NOT THE WAY he wants to.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There will NEVER come a day when Tical admits he's wrong about anything, EVER.
Kind of a sad existence, but oh well. Most responses said anything that needed to be said.

Fecal is such a dedicated Russ basher, that he makes x-ray seem like he actually LIKES Russ. Ten years in and he finally acts like he is right because of a couple bad games on a crap team. A team with no pass blocking, horrific play calling and a guy playing with an injury that Pete should have noticed enough to keep him out.
But yeah, Russ sucks. Hilarious. Love a good afternoon laugh.

Enjoy your holiday, and hopefully we can talk about a win next week.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":1pj06jr2 said:
Really speaks to the state of things when nobody has yet given Tical the apologies he is very clearly owed.
Um yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: , I designate YOU to be the one holding your breath for that "Apology" to happen, & you are going to go through several colors of blue before you pass out, eh? :lol:
Tical is owed NOTHING but a good laughing at.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Our scoring is down under 21 a game over the last 17, while seeing predominantly zone coverage. Does that smell elite to everyone,. or just me? LRC!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":20ll7uyz said:
Our scoring is down under 21 a game over the last 17, while seeing predominantly zone coverage. Does that smell elite to everyone,. or just me? LRC!!!
Go play in the freeway. :177692:

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
I mean I don't know about y'all, but 13 of 37 on 3rd down just to me totally screams "effective against zone defense."

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":19v9xdgf said:
Kind of a sad existence, but oh well. Most responses said anything that needed to be said.

Fecal is such a dedicated Russ basher, that he makes x-ray seem like he actually LIKES Russ. Ten years in and he finally acts like he is right because of a couple bad games on a crap team. A team with no pass blocking, horrific play calling and a guy playing with an injury that Pete should have noticed enough to keep him out.

This^^ and he will disappear just as quick when Wilson is back to his normal high performing self.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":15v50q0q said:
SoulfishHawk":15v50q0q said:

This^^ and he will disappear just as quick when Wilson is back to his normal high performing self.
I have no doubt Russell can be great again if he were to see single high safeties. Teams know that they can play 2-deep safeties against us all day and focus on taking away the deep ball and Russell will not check to run. Teams have adapted how they play Russell. If he wants to be successful again, he must adapt. He must check his ego at the door and realize he must run the ball to open up the pass. He has to adapt. And he has shown zero willingness to do so. If he does not, and I'm quite certain he will not, it's going to keep being ugly.

Zero of what I said in the above paragraph is controversial.

You can call me a Russell hater or whatever you want to. These are the facts. They are not open to debate. Russell cannot have sustained success against 2-deep safeties. Period. Everyone knows it but him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

That is our predictability.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":17zegagi said:
Wilson is one of the easiest QB's to defend, two deep play inside out, play LB's shallow in the flat and then come up for run support and drop to just inside the numbers on a pass, corners play inside out to the sidelines you have the look of 7 in the box for run and a flooded zone for pass along with 2 extra defenders in the sideline out of bounds since Wilson will not use the area between the numbers for a seam, curl, slant, or crossing pattern hardly ever.

So you get 13 men on the field in essence to cover 33 percent of the field, how can defense not win?

If he does use that part of the field on a rare occasion you collapse and we get a good gain and you reset since he does it rarely.

Wilson also rarely climbs the pocket also he rolls right almost exclusively and or drops deeper throwing timing off and going to a scramble drill either deep or to the sideline on the right side.

Only took 10 years to figure him out huh?

hoxrox

Reaction score
chris98251":2qhmovvi said:

Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

Russel passing chart2

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":3n1f3yr8 said:
chris98251":3n1f3yr8 said:

Unfortunately this is true, which makes the offense easy for DCs to defend. And conversely, hard for ANY OC (let alone a rookie one) to game plan for.

This is Russ' passing chart against AZ. If I'm a DC, I tell my defense to not worry about the red circle AT ALL.

Russel passing chart2

That's great except again read PC book this is exactly what he wants he says in the book he wants to throw outside the numbers. He doe not like throwing in the middle of the field. Also great a passing chart. now show me a chart of where the open receivers were. I bet you will find they were not in the middle of the field.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":3tvvxq3q said:
hoxrox":3tvvxq3q said:
chris98251":3tvvxq3q said:

Russel passing chart2

That's great except again read PC book this is exactly what he wants he says in the book he wants to throw outside the numbers. He doe not like throwing in the middle of the field. Also great a passing chart. now show me a chart of where the open receivers were. I bet you will find they were not in the middle of the field.
I'd be more than happy to show you a dozen scree shots right now of open receivers over the middle of the field.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Jville":1dkcybrj said:

Wow big difference in the passing charts.

@J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This guy is still around? Clown car. Tical you actively watch every game hoping Russ fails so at some point a decade in to a hall of fame career you can be right, its weird. Is Russ perfect? Nope, Is he struggling right now? Yep but he's still one of the best in the game and I know that drives you nuts. I think people might take you seriously if weren't a ghost when he's playing good but you hide and wait to come out after a bad game or two. Again, it's bizarre.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":ylzcdlau said:
Jville":ylzcdlau said:

Wow big difference in the passing charts.

@J63, Geno Smith disagrees with "Pete's directive" on not using the middle of the field.

Godo did it occur to you that they called the game different for geno knowing he can't do what Wilson does? I am guessing not.

Also FYI Geno through 32 passes and 24% were middle short

guess what in the one below wilson though 28 passes and 21% were short middle the difference 1 more throw middle and Wilson is at 25%

Also notice all the short passes only 4 over 10 yards or 14% Geno had 7 over 10 yards or 31%. Difference geno comply % 71 Wilson 82

EnPaVgjVEAAztE