What do you think of this?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Curious what it would look like if green was silver on helmet and facemask, thanks for sharing

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
sort of like the Jags' two-tone helmets, only done a very little bit better. Of course the logo is much better.

I like the green emphasis!

sutz

Reaction score
Pretty, but I don't think I'd want the whole team to wear it on the field.

And what's with the green stripe on the bird? Maybe leave that gray or something.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Little too busy with color and the logo seams to get lost in the blends. Don't really like the green outline around the logo either.

xray

Reaction score
Look at it tonite after a few drinks . It will be awesome . :irishdrinkers:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The Myth: A cool gentle fade from blue to green looks cool on a helmet.

The Reality 1: Helmets get abused and get scratched, nicked, and gouged. They are regularly sent out for x-rays to check the integrity of the helmet, and then are retouched or repainted as necessary. You can't retouch a gentle fade, hence the spray-can transition of the Jags' ugly old helmets. It might happen in college, but they have different rules around helmets.

The Reality 2: Looks great side-on, but how often do we see players only from that angle? From the back at home it would look like a green eraser on top of a navy blue pen, or a World of Warcraft character stuck with Helm of the Claw.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":kp1n7g5c said:
The Myth: A cool gentle fade from blue to green looks cool on a helmet.

The Reality 1: Helmets get abused and get scratched, nicked, and gouged. They are regularly sent out for x-rays to check the integrity of the helmet, and then are retouched or repainted as necessary. You can't retouch a gentle fade, hence the spray-can transition of the Jags' ugly old helmets. It might happen in college, but they have different rules around helmets.

The Reality 2: Looks great side-on, but how often do we see players only from that angle? From the back at home it would look like a green eraser on top of a navy blue pen, or a World of Warcraft character stuck with Helm of the Claw.

Thank god for the "hide helm" interface option...

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Don't really care for it although I appreciate the effort that must have gone into making it.

Too busy for me. I like simple unis like I like simple football: man up and beat the other guys across the board. Smash some mouths while you're at it.

Rat

Reaction score
Hmmm... trying to say this correctly... it would be...

...the coolest thing this team has ever worn!

Latest posts