What should the Seahawks do with Penny (poll)

What should the Seahawks do with Rashaad Penny

• Sign him to a contract extension

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • Transition or Franchise tag him

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • Let him walk in free agency

Votes: 31 25.6%

• Total voters

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He played well enough in that last 5 game stretch that teams will give him a guaranteed contract. The incentive layered contract is probably out the window now. What to do now? Pay the guy and cross your fingers he can stay healthy? Its a big gamble regardless of how it plays out. I dont envy the front office on this one. Damned if you do, damned if you dont at this point.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Really funny to see how many want to resign him when the majority of this board was anti-penny for years. Can't say I didn't tell you all. Pete's love for Carson is what really got in the way of Penny's development. Penny needs 15-20 carries a game.

sutz

Reaction score
I've never been a Penney hater. I just acknowledged that the kid has been snake bit and some players never seem to overcome that. I have to admit that I'm still a little skeptical going forward, but I do believe that someone will pay him $15-20 mill over 4 years and it might as well be us. He's finally getting to showcase what he showed in college, where incidentally he was not 'injury prone' at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":24ys5hkg said:
I've never been a Penney hater. I just acknowledged that the kid has been snake bit and some players never seem to overcome that. I have to admit that I'm still a little skeptical going forward, but I do believe that someone will pay him $15-20 mill over 4 years and it might as well be us. He's finally getting to showcase what he showed in college, where incidentally he was not 'injury prone' at all.

That would be a great deal for a team, I am thinking he will get paid 15 million a year however based on his recent healthy production and other then his injuries low mileage by a team. I posted top ten salaries this year and I am betting that's asking price in some form.

Elemas

Reaction score
chris98251":2t8477u5 said:
sutz":2t8477u5 said:

That would be a great deal for a team, I am thinking he will get paid 15 million a year however based on his recent healthy production and other then his injuries low mileage by a team. I posted top ten salaries this year and I am betting that's asking price in some form.

As much as I want him back, there’s no RB in the league I’d pay $15M a year to..

But, I definitely want to see Penny back. If the last few weeks are indicative of the rest of his career…ooooooohhhwhheeee

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
He had three or four good games against weak competition. Let him go unless he's willing to take backup money.