Wilson’s head is the issue not his finger

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":94l8khqu said:
Well whether it is Wilson's fault or Pete's fault they both point to -> Pete has to go.

Either:

- Pete cannot hold Wilson accountable and get him to be a better QB,
in which case we need someone who can.

or

- Pete is not putting together effective gameplans and is assembling rosters that makes it harder for Wilson to succeed,
in which case we need someone who can coach effective and make better roster decisions.

It is probably a mix of both. But Pete and Wilson isn't going to work. And Pete has no value without Wilson.

So we are just killing time until we ishcan Pete then.

You have no point...you were wrong about the Seahawks D last year you were wrong about the D this year... and your wrong about the Hawks O this year... all you have is an opinion and your entitled to it...

You can seem right in a very general since being that the odds work against every NFL team so your blanket statements about the Hawks will never make a SB again etc. Pete Carroll needs to go and all the rest of your ravings just plain don't hold ANY weight because any time you get specific in what your saying you are proven wrong by someone on the board... you just have unrealistic expectations

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
Wilson was horrible, and shouldn't have played in the last game.

But you must breakdown all elite QBs for an extended period of time to establish a baseline to grade against.

It you only put one of them under the microscope and your standard for elite is near pefect, you will always come away disappointed.

I know, I've done it myself. They all have warts. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Lamar, Manning, Dak, etc.

You can literally make any QB look like a piece of crap doing it this way. And Wilson was crap on Sunday so that would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":p3xmyobo said:

But you must breakdown all elite QBs for an extended period of time to establish a baseline to grade against.

It you only put one of them under the microscope and your standard for elite is near pefect, you will always come away disappointed.

I know, I've done it myself. They all have warts. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Lamar, Manning, Dak, etc.

You can literally make any QB look like a piece of crap doing it this way. And Wilson was crap on Sunday so that would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
This!!!

Wilson earned it to start when he and his doctor declared ready, and yes, all elites had bad games.

I blame Pete for not having the balls to pull Russ after two or three quarters when Russ was clearly not ready.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":3f0o6vy4 said:

I'm not trying to make Wilson look like crap...I really believe that what he is going through right now every great QB goes through this ... Brett Favre is a perfect example...

It's up to Carroll to guide Wilson like it was for Holmgren to guide Favre... Now the one thing I'm unsure of is whats going on between Carroll and Wilson and throw Waldron in there just because...

Wilson should pull out of this...I'm rooting for him... I like Wilson I just think he needs to make some adjustments and yeah I don't think her should have played but truthfully there was no one whio was going to keep Wilson out of that game.. he was cleared by the Dr and passed all of the tests through the week... If they would have kept him out and the Hawks would have lost people would have said they should have played Wilson...ok what ever...

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
Fade":2knox3hp said:

Our offense is known across the league as one that might start hot but stalls. Our QB is one that is known across the league for his remarkable plays... but his hot starts and then flat finishes. It was literally the talk around him last year and the year before. Does Brady have that stigma? Does Rodgers? Their mastery of the position is obvious regardless of whether they are oressured, hiw good their supporting cast is or the play that's called on the field. They may get ruffled but never look completely lost. Their skill is unquestionable.

There aren't conversations around them or even Dak now about how they are good for a while but then fall flat season after season and make you wonder why they are playing so poorly. And if I'm wrong, then point to the time. Russel has that stigma associated with him now for a reason. So it's not nitpicking. There's genuine questioning as to what the hell is going wrong and when you look at the game and then the film, there's clearly an issue. It's just that here, any potential issue can't possibly have anything to do with the QB. And if faults are found, they are immediately dismissed as Pete's issue.

That's just not the case with the QBs above. Their play doesn't waiver to the degree that you wonder wtf.

And I'd wager you could probably have Patrick Peterson or Jaylen Ramsey or the Rams D coordinator come in here and layout point blank that Russel is solved if you do x or y And folks here would STILL find away to dismiss their critique as opinion.

keasley45

Reaction score
LTH":3cene7vz said:
Fade":3cene7vz said:

I'm not trying to make Wilson look like crap...I really believe that what he is going through right now every great QB goes through this ... Brett Favre is a perfect example...

It's up to Carroll to guide Wilson like it was for Holmgren to guide Favre... Now the one thing I'm unsure of is whats going on between Carroll and Wilson and throw Waldron in there just because...

Wilson should pull out of this...I'm rooting for him... I like Wilson I just think he needs to make some adjustments and yeah I don't think her should have played but truthfully there was no one whio was going to keep Wilson out of that game.. he was cleared by the Dr and passed all of the tests through the week... If they would have kept him out and the Hawks would have lost people would have said they should have played Wilson...ok what ever...

LTH

This. There's a phenomenon on the site that if the hawks win and you still criticize the errors they made even in victory ( because that's what they actually do themselves to get better) you are seen as disgruntled and never satisfied.

Likewise, if you love RW but cruticize the costly mistakes he makes not just in one game but over seasons, you're seen as anti - Russ.

It woukd be great if Russ and Pete could lock themselves on a room and figure this thing out because they are better together when on the same page than not. We've never won anything when they haven't complimented eachothers skill. The major change is that at some point the symbiotic relationship that existed between offense and defense was squashed in favor of the Stat grab, MVP race. And that's because Russ thinks he is more than he is and this season and last has proven that's he is not and by nobody's sword but his own.

There's some serious pride that needs to be swallowed for this to come straight. And if that doesn't happen, it will suck.

But if that's the case, so be it. We might not win as much with the next guy under center right away but there's no way we will be any better if it keeps going this way either.

keasley45

Reaction score
Nobody is TRYING to make Russ look like crap. You act as if there's some frame job happening. He just looked like crap and the film showed why. Next time Brady plays that badly or Ridgers, I'm sure anyone could look at the tape and assess what happened and if they were at fault, it would be pretty clear in most instances. But they seldom look as lost as Russ does in games ( and more often now than ever before ). So there's no need to go looking for the constant fatal flaw because there is no constant fatal flaw.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2ghgz8jo said:
LTH":2ghgz8jo said:
Fade":2ghgz8jo said:

LTH

This. There's a phenomenon on the site that if the hawks win and you still criticize the errors they made even in victory ( because that's what they actually do themselves to get better) you are seen as disgruntled and never satisfied.

Likewise, if you love RW but cruticize the costly mistakes he makes not just in one game but over seasons, you're seen as anti - Russ.

It woukd be great if Russ and Pete could lock themselves on a room and figure this thing out because they are better together when on the same page than not. We've never won anything when they haven't complimented eachothers skill. The major change is that at some point the symbiotic relationship that existed between offense and defense was squashed in favor of the Stat grab, MVP race. And that's because Russ thinks he is more than he is and this season and last has proven that's he is not and by nobody's sword but his own.

There's some serious pride that needs to be swallowed for this to come straight. And if that doesn't happen, it will suck.

But if that's the case, so be it. We might not win as much with the next guy under center right away but there's no way we will be any better if it keeps going this way either.

I agree with what your saying totally the problem is going to be that Carroll is not a tough love coach...Wilson needs Holmgren...I don't put anything past Carroll but it seems to me like Carroll has given in to Wilson I should not speculate because i really don't know but that's what it looks like... I'm really unsure how this is going to work out...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
Fade":zegccrgn said:

This.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":oakio4pa said:
LTH":oakio4pa said:
Fade":oakio4pa said:

LTH

If you look at it from Carrolls point of view he signed a 5 year contract... he really doesn't have a choice he has to stay with Wilson... if Carroll chose to trade him in the publicized deal with the Bears who would he replace wilson with ? if they drafted a QB it would take probably 3 years toi get that new QB up to speed and playing well in the best case senerio... If he brought in a vet then the question is who? the list is small then you have a two year window assuming you can even find someone who has the talent to make it happen. If you went with Geno he probably has the Talent to have a winning season but does he have the talent to win in the playoffs? questionable?

Pete will stay with Wilson its his best chance to win a SB... I guess we are going to find out if Carroll can reel in Wilson if not its going to be interesting.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ikl43wz said:
You already made up your mind. So there is that.

Not sure if your talking to me or not but what do you want me to keep my mind open to? what am I missing in your opinion and I promise you i will look at it with an open mind.

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":g7f251ya said:
keasley45":g7f251ya said:
LTH":g7f251ya said:
Fade":g7f251ya said:

LTH

If you look at it from Carrolls point of view he signed a 5 year contract... he really doesn't have a choice he has to stay with Wilson... if Carroll chose to trade him in the publicized deal with the Bears who would he replace wilson with ? if they drafted a QB it would take probably 3 years toi get that new QB up to speed and playing well in the best case senerio... If he brought in a vet then the question is who? the list is small then you have a two year window assuming you can even find someone who has the talent to make it happen. If you went with Geno he probably has the Talent to have a winning season but does he have the talent to win in the playoffs? questionable?

Pete will stay with Wilson its his best chance to win a SB... I guess we are going to find out if Carroll can reel in Wilson if not its going to be interesting.

I doubt Pete could 'reel in' Wilson, I often joked that Pete sold his soul to Wilson, but the reality has been that Pete made Wilson the face of the franchise, and gave preferential treatments to Wilson. There's one set of rules for all players, like always compete, a different set for Russ. There's very little doubt in my mind that this is Wilson's team, not Pete's.

Do you think it was Pete's idea to call 40 passing plays and 15 running plays in the GB game? I speculate that Geno was starting to play well, so there, Russ need to COOK a good meal to show who's the chef. Pete? he stood and watched, mumbled quietly that we should have run more.

No, Pete has long pass the stage that he could reel Wilson in.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":qmewr71k said:
LTH":qmewr71k said:
keasley45":qmewr71k said:
LTH":qmewr71k said:

LTH

I doubt Pete could 'reel in' Wilson, I often joked that Pete sold his soul to Wilson, but the reality has been that Pete made Wilson the face of the franchise, and gave preferential treatments to Wilson. There's one set of rules for all players, like always compete, a different set for Russ. There's very little doubt in my mind that this is Wilson's team, not Pete's.

Do you think it was Pete's idea to call 40 passing plays and 15 running plays in the GB game? I speculate that Geno was starting to play well, so there, Russ need to COOK a good meal to show who's the chef. Pete? he stood and watched, mumbled quietly that we should have run more.

well... I don't know what's going on...I wish i did. but no I don't think Pete would have thrown the ball 40 times I think Pete would have more of a balanced attack something like 28 runs 27 passes or something close to that.

I think if Pete is giving the O to Wilson that is a really bad thing and if thats the case I don't see the Hawks pulling out of this not with that ratio...

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The focus on Pete is laughable.

Pete is worthless. He has no ideas, cannot adjust and doesn't have the ability to even do the things he supposedly does well now. Pete is a barely capable coach now.

We either have to make it work with Wilson or burn it to the ground.

There is no circumstance where it succeeds with Pete. Ever. With or without Wilson.

And Pete isn't going anywhere for a while so this is just a fun slow-motion car crash.

Many of us have been warning about Pete for years now, because it has been very clear how little he has left and how his roster does not match his dreams.

There is no upside here. Sorry.

The only upside happens the moment we get rid of Pete and since Pete is not firing himself, not even sure how that would work.

Even IF we finally get rid of Pete, we have to hope that we haven't created so much frustration that Wilson wants out anyway.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":tlku7tl4 said:

Pete is worthless. He has no ideas, cannot adjust and doesn't have the ability to even do the things he supposedly does well now. Pete is a barely capable coach now.

There is no circumstance where it succeeds with Pete. Ever. With or without Wilson.

And Pete isn't going anywhere for a while so this is just a fun slow-motion car crash.

Many of us have been warning about Pete for years now, because it has been very clear how little he has left and how his roster does not match his dreams.

The only upside happens the moment we get rid of Pete and since Pete is not firing himself, not even sure how that would work.

Even IF we finally get rid of Pete, we have to hope that we haven't created so much frustration that Wilson wants out anyway.

You know what's funny is you have been bagging on Pete because of poor play calling and everything under the sun... when it looks like Russ and waldron are the one's running the O... and that is apparent because of the GB stats do you really believe Pete would throw the ball 40 times? I don't... but then none of your issues revolve around logic it's get rid of Pete no matter what he does or no matter what the circumstance...even if the reasoning is faulty... you don't care just get rid of Pete... then when the next guy comes in its the same thing this guy sux... doesn't matter you just like to argue... you have no point...everybody sucks... LOL

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":1vt3ro6j said:
toffee":1vt3ro6j said:
LTH":1vt3ro6j said:
keasley45":1vt3ro6j said:

well... I don't know what's going on...I wish i did. but no I don't think Pete would have thrown the ball 40 times I think Pete would have more of a balanced attack something like 28 runs 27 passes or something close to that.

I think if Pete is giving the O to Wilson that is a really bad thing and if thats the case I don't see the Hawks pulling out of this not with that ratio...

LTH

Admiring your persistence to debate logic with the illogical, taking my hats off.

keasley45

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wadux26 said:

Pete was the one who, against all the backlash in the media and from the fanbase, reeled the disaster that was looming last season when Russ began playing week to week the way he played this Sunday.

Pete's defense is the one that just stonewalled Green Bay for 3 qtrs while his QBs offense did nothing.

Oh yeah, and that defense made up of terrible draft picks like Brooks, Taylor, Brown, Green and until he was injured Blair, and franchise worst ever trade acquisitions like Adams and Dunlap

So what is it that youre griping about? Obviously he HAS made adjustments to the degree that he stymied one of the best QB's to play the game.

And he has no clue?

Its like whats been said. His error has been entertaining the boom or bust, non rushing, non middle throwing, non TE engaging offense thats been Seattle's staple for the last 3+years.

So yeah. get rid of him and then explain how next year the offense is ANY more effective if what you're claiming is that Russ and the offense would be better off without him when they have all the control they want right now AND the support of a pretty damn good defense.

There could be upside RIGHT NOW if the offense hadnt crapped the bed Sunday. We get better play from our franchise player and right now, today, the narrative all over the league about the Seahawks is that they got off to a slow start, but how formidable we look rolling into the game against Arizona to reestablish the power rankings in the NFC West. We'd be sitting at 4-5, after wrecking the Packers.

Dont understand whats confusing about this? The season was ours to fight back into with a formidable defense, a running game behind Collins (at minimum) that you have to respect, Carson potentially coming back and what could have been an efficient, opportunistic (occassionally explosive) passing game with a more balanced Wilson playing solid, if not stat breaking, ball.

Instead, we have literally all of the pieces BUT the last part. In other words, EVERY PART OF THE TEAM NOT DICTATED BY WILSON at this point is getting us back in the fight.

So what, other than hate, would cause you to want to dump Pete at this moment?

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":1joppmcq said:
LTH":1joppmcq said:
toffee":1joppmcq said:
LTH":1joppmcq said:

LTH

Admiring your persistence to debate logic with the illogical, taking my hats off.

I think it doesn't matter what I say...I've watched Keasley45 dismantle every single one of the doubters points in specific detail and it doesn't make a difference, The obstinance is staggering...it's almost like these people are robots and can't understand anything other than Fire Pete...I mean there is absolutely NO logic to any argument it's completely mind blowing...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":6sv7ecy2 said:
toffee":6sv7ecy2 said:
LTH":6sv7ecy2 said:
toffee":6sv7ecy2 said:

LTH

I think it doesn't matter what I say...I've watched Keasley45 dismantle every single one of the doubters points in specific detail and it doesn't make a difference, The obstinance is staggering...it's almost like these people are robots and can't understand anything other than Fire Pete...I mean there is absolutely NO logic to any argument it's completely mind blowing...

LTH

It takes a lot to be a NFL head coach, my limited interaction were two. I dined with coach Jim Mora Sr. once, umm 6 - 7 years ago, sat next to him and talked football. Yes, Mora the Playoff? what playoff guy. He was long retired when our paths crossed, but man, his football sense was sharp, I learned. George Seifert was a neighbor, when he was the HC of 9ers, another sharp dude. Never had the honor of meeting Pete, I bet he is as sharp, as knowledgeable about his trade.

It's easy to opine on a forum, fire this, and F that.