Wilson’s head is the issue not his finger

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":iqrr4fmt said:
Wilson is not the same player he was 5 years ago or even 3 years ago. Alot of what made him great was his ability to make defenses pay with his legs. He doesn't do that anymore he rarely ever runs and when he does he's getting ran down . He's not the same dynamic player he was people around her just want to pretend Wilson's game hasn't declined everything is fine and make excuses. Well it's time for you guys to understand the best move is to trade him now while he still has value and rebuild. We wait it's only going to get worse.

Wilson's game is not going to change by bringing in another coach that's a red herring. There's an argument to be made for firing Pete certainly but Russ is not a great QB anymore. I'm tired of the 3 and outs i'm tired of the 3rd down disasters. Wilson's entire game right now is based on the long ball you can't sustain drives like that or ToP . Wilson can still be very good with a good o-line and a great RB but we don't have that by the time Seattle does it will be 2024 and he'll be gone anyway. Trade him now get a couple firsts if we even can suck next year then find a QB in the following years draft. I'm not completely writing Wilson off, but i for sure will be unless his play gets dramatically better between now and the years end and honestly i don't see that happening. Something has happened to his game and i'm not convinced it will ever be the same.

Yeah the facts and stats say otherwise. But I get it he came I to this game with the best passer rating in the league. The best int/ td ratio, top 3 conply % and after 1 bad game this year. We he has not played in over a month. Comming back from injury you can proclaim he is done. Good to know. So what are the lotto numbers?

Oh and for a guy who whi rarely runs and always gets caught he had over 500 yards rushing last year and already over 100 this year in only 5 games. Last year our 2nd leading rusher, this our 3rd. Seems the facts don't support your no run thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Reading a open guy and still looking somewhere else is the problem, throwing late is a problem rather then throwing open in stride, pulling the trigger and stepping up to do it. This is on Pete and the fear of the turnover being beat into Wilsons head. I and others have said outside of the last two minutes of a half or coming from behind in the 4th quarter Wilson will not stretch the intermediate middle of the filed or throw crossing patterns into the middle, he will throw them going to the sidelines and typically there is no YAC.

keasley45

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":golp9dzb said:
One more point he should not start against Arizona it's obvious he's still a couple weeks away. It doesn't serve him or the team running him out there in likely another cold wet game when he's clearly not ready.

If his finger is still an issue, then absolutley let it heal. But I think if the game plan can shift from the ineffective thing it's been, whether because of bad calls or missed plays, and lean more on a balanced attack and diverse run based scheme that allows him to settle down and keep the game in front of him, Russ gives us the better chance to win.

keasley45

Reaction score
chris98251":jy415o5b said:
Reading a open guy and still looking somewhere else is the problem, throwing late is a problem rather then throwing open in stride, pulling the trigger and stepping up to do it. This is on Pete and the fear of the turnover being beat into Wilsons head. I and others have said outside of the last two minutes of a half or coming from behind in the 4th quarter Wilson will not stretch the intermediate middle of the filed or throw crossing patterns into the middle, he will throw them going to the sidelines and typically there is no YAC.

My lord. It's still Pete's fault?? LMAO. well you know what. Even as crazy as what you said is, going along with it... If our 30+ million dollar QB can't look at a wide open, uncovered player and hit him in stride for fear he might make a coach mad... a coach who btw LET HIM THROW 40 TIMES, contrary to his own philosophy, then I dont want him to even put on a seahawks uniform again. Ever.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":1i6c64zt said:
Northwest Seahawk":1i6c64zt said:
Wilson is not the same player he was 5 years ago or even 3 years ago. Alot of what made him great was his ability to make defenses pay with his legs. He doesn't do that anymore he rarely ever runs and when he does he's getting ran down . He's not the same dynamic player he was people around her just want to pretend Wilson's game hasn't declined everything is fine and make excuses. Well it's time for you guys to understand the best move is to trade him now while he still has value and rebuild. We wait it's only going to get worse.

Wilson's game is not going to change by bringing in another coach that's a red herring. There's an argument to be made for firing Pete certainly but Russ is not a great QB anymore. I'm tired of the 3 and outs i'm tired of the 3rd down disasters. Wilson's entire game right now is based on the long ball you can't sustain drives like that or ToP . Wilson can still be very good with a good o-line and a great RB but we don't have that by the time Seattle does it will be 2024 and he'll be gone anyway. Trade him now get a couple firsts if we even can suck next year then find a QB in the following years draft. I'm not completely writing Wilson off, but i for sure will be unless his play gets dramatically better between now and the years end and honestly i don't see that happening. Something has happened to his game and i'm not convinced it will ever be the same.

Yeah the facts and stats say otherwise. But I get it he came I to this game with the best passer rating in the league. The best int/ td ratio, top 3 conply % and after 1 bad game this year. We he has not played in over a month. Comming back from injury you can proclaim he is done. Good to know. So what are the lotto numbers?

Oh and for a guy who whi rarely runs and always gets caught he had over 500 yards rushing last year and already over 100 this year in only 5 games. Last year our 2nd leading rusher, this our 3rd. Seems the facts don't support your no run thing.

So you attribute those screen grabs from the GB game to rust? So if I pull as many more from his play up to week 5.... or last year even... then what's the reason going to be? And I'm not talking about the occasional errant read because nobody is perfect.. I'm talking about blatantly obvious mistakes. Plays that franchise QBs should be able to make in their sleep. Plays directly attributable to a loss.

After 10 years in the league, no elite qb is going to lose his ability to read a defense or anticipate a throw because he sat 3 games. There was nothing exotic about the scenarios he botched. And those mistakes are the same mistakes he's been making.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. When he's gone, get ready to see some brutal QB play. Maybe you'll actually appreciate what you had. A few screen shots made from your couch, impressive. You could do this with QB's all over the league. Believe it or not, ALL QB's miss wide open guys. And yes, I'm fully aware he played like crap on Sunday.
People would rather just blast the QB than actually look at the REAL issue with this team, COACHING.
They get out coached and out schemed consistently. How can people actually not see that coaching has been a HUGE problem with this team. And it has directly contributed to a huge percentage of their losses.
But, believe what you want. It's a message board and it's all opinions. This site used to be a so much better.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
How is his screenshots not good analysis? Most people come in here and talk about the receivers not getting open or how terrible our OC's are, when clearly the scheme is getting guys open Russ just needs to produce. Are we not allowed to criticize Russell on this board, especially when he is taking up the cap space that he is? I've never met a more coddled quarterback in my life then the way this board treats Russell, even Hasselbeck we'd call Spazzelbeck but anything of the sort for Russell is immediately shot down. Maybe we can fire another OC after this season since that's clearly the problem.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's an opinion. You could screen shot just about any game for any QB and find guys wide open. Russ is coddled? You can't be serious. He is one of the most criticized and blasted QB's by his own fanbase in the league. And on THIS site, he is basically an average QB to many. He RARELY gets the credit he deserves by quite a few fans and posters on here.
Russ played like crap, I get it. Coddled? That's pretty funny. You clearly haven't been on here long. I've never seen a player with more negative threads made about him. I think you'd be surprised at how many people have wanted him to be traded. And blatantly refuse to acknowledge him winning so many games. It's always because of "the defense and the running game" with people. And he absolutely DOES have to play a lot better. In fact, in his post game presser, he flat out said the loss was on him.
We can agree to disagree, no biggie. Just a place to talk football during a brutal 2021 season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Austin Davis been the Seahawks QB coach for the past couple years. If Russell hasn't shown improvement, maybe it's because he isn't getting the needed coaching too. When Carl Smith was his QB coach he was showing improvement. By no means does this excuse RW. He has to be receptive to what the coaches are suggesting too.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":1tddcash said:
Northwest Seahawk":1tddcash said:

Russ has earned the right to have a down year he has . I'm willing to give Russ the rest of the season to turn this offense around and i really hope he does i like Russ . Firing Pete is not without huge risks either though a bad coach will set a franchise back 3-5 years. We have seen this time and time again Pete has turned this defense around i'm not ready to see him fired . Waldron and Russ do not appear to be in sync either and that's a problem a bigger problem than Pete. That said if they do fire Pete it won't be without some merit and i will support it but be careful here replacing Pete could be a disaster.

hoxrox

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fhnnlrf said:
It's an opinion. You could screen shot just about any game for any QB and find guys wide open. Russ is coddled? You can't be serious. He is one of the most criticized and blasted QB's by his own fanbase in the league. And on THIS site, he is basically an average QB to many. He RARELY gets the credit he deserves by quite a few fans and posters on here.
Russ played like crap, I get it. Coddled? That's pretty funny. You clearly haven't been on here long. I've never seen a player with more negative threads made about him. I think you'd be surprised at how many people have wanted him to be traded. And blatantly refuse to acknowledge him winning so many games. It's always because of "the defense and the running game" with people. And he absolutely DOES have to play a lot better. In fact, in his post game presser, he flat out said the loss was on him.
We can agree to disagree, no biggie. Just a place to talk football during a brutal 2021 season.

People act like his decision-making, demonstrated by the screen shots above is some sort of one-off anomaly. No, this is who Russ is and has been. Great at times, and bad at times. Inconsistent, and not good enough to carry a team deep into the post-season without a strong running game.

He was good at the start of 2019 - bad down the stretch. Good at the start of 2020 - bad down the stretch in 2020.

I'm still waiting for Russ to prove me wrong - where he will put together a complete season. From Sept to January.

Fourth quarter heroics? When was the last time that happened? Those days seems like ages ago TBH. Fresh in the memory are the poor decisions in that overtime loss against Tennessee.

Handcuffed? My ass. He has more agency on the offense this year than ever before. So rightly the onus is on him to perform and execute to the standard he has set for himself.

Coaches don't get a pass, but neither does Russell.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":3900w3an said:
SoulfishHawk":3900w3an said:

People act like his decision-making, demonstrated by the screen shots above is some sort of one-off anomaly. No, this is who Russ is and has been. Great at times, and bad at times. Inconsistent, and not good enough to carry a team deep into the post-season without a strong running game.

He was good at the start of 2019 - bad down the stretch. Good at the start of 2020 - bad down the stretch in 2020.

I'm still waiting for Russ to prove me wrong - where he will put together a complete season. From Sept to January.

Fourth quarter heroics? When was the last time that happened? Those days seems like ages ago TBH. Fresh in the memory are the poor decisions in that overtime loss against Tennessee.

Handcuffed? My ass. He has more agency on the offense this year than ever before. So rightly the onus is on him to perform and execute to the standard he has set for himself.

Coaches don't get a pass, but neither does Russell.

This is my opinion as well. Doesn't change the fact that Russ on a good team gives you a shot at the SB it used to anyway i'm starting to waver on that opinion these next 8 games are important for Russ. . Were just not a good team anymore. That's on player acquisition and drafting and that's the best argument for firing Pete JS and it has merit. All that said this is a better team than there record indicates imo. Brutal schedule Wilson getting hurt CB debacle to start the year. The defense has been much better Pete has made the adjustments there's no denying that so maybe the best thing is bring everyone back one more year i think that's the most likely outcome as well unless Russ continues to struggle then anything is possible. I'm very concerned about Waldron though not at all sold on that guy not even a tiny bit.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The stills paint an interesting picture.

A lot of missed opportunities.

But Wilson is our QB and he can be effective despite the issues. And we had better figure out how to be effective despite the issues.

The challenge is the Seahawks do nothing well when Wilson isn't doing well.

So like it or not, we better figure out a way to win with him because there is no near future where we win without him (unless we completely replace the coaching staff, roster, etc - rip the entire team apart down to the bolts and start over)

keasley45

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1rjmh1v9 said:

Ok, so then define fact for me. I can also post video. It's not opinion. And that's the problem. There are those on this board who will look at real world factual evidence and reject it in favor of an unsubstantiated belief that it's PC actually forcing failure. Or that despite evidence over and over again that the plays that often end in complete failure actually would have worked if executed properly, they instead choose to stubbornly and unsubstantiated claims that it's the OCs fault. The xs and os are not opinion. It's literally what happened. No conjecture. No interpretation. Not conspiracy. FACT.

And bad coaching isn't the problem. You can't be a bad coach and have won at a clip we have. And the tape shows that yeah, Russ has done great things, but he's also doe pretty poor things... in the same game, when he's forced to do things like read presnap Coverages and anticipate pressure and routes.

Anybody ever consider that a possibility? For 3 quarters Russ and the offense try to function within the scheme... but its not PC forcing 3 and outs, its Russ not being able to execute the way he should? And that at the end of the game and for periods throughout, he goes off script and just makes up offense. Not because the plays he has don't work, but because they simply aren't executed by either him or someone else.

If you haven't considered this, you should, because if you were to ever give up opinion and look past 4th quarter comebacks and stats, you'd see a qb that struggles pretty often to do simple things, but has had the talent to overcome his mistakes and others.

keasley45

Reaction score
And honestly... no. I can't off the cuff think of the last game Tom Brady actually played a game where he obviously missed reads and failed to do what he's done now his entire career. The closest may have been at the start of last season when he wasn't familiar with the offense. I see drive after drive after drive of him navigating his offense and getting the ball to whoever is open, as soon as they are open.

I see Rodgers do it over and over again as well. He did it to us Sunday.

There is literally a mountain of evidence that Russel doesn't do this well. In spurts. Sure. I can post video. I can post stills. I can host a zoom call. It is simply not something that can be disputed on the basis of plays being available. They are there.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1vtruqf8 said:
This is my opinion as well. Doesn't change the fact that Russ on a good team gives you a shot at the SB it used to anyway i'm starting to waver on that opinion these next 8 games are important for Russ. . Were just not a good team anymore. That's on player acquisition and drafting and that's the best argument for firing Pete JS and it has merit. All that said this is a better team than there record indicates imo. Brutal schedule Wilson getting hurt CB debacle to start the year. The defense has been much better Pete has made the adjustments there's no denying that so maybe the best thing is bring everyone back one more year i think that's the most likely outcome as well unless Russ continues to struggle then anything is possible. I'm very concerned about Waldron though not at all sold on that guy not even a tiny bit.

The defense has improved since they plugged Tre Brown into the line up, and started shading the safeties more to help the corners. JA finally had a solid game. Brooks continues to improve. Reed looks better playing on that side.

Waldron is actually the only one I would give a pass to. He is stuck between Pete, who wants them to run the ball more, and Russell who wants to be a gunslinger. His best called game IMO, was not the Colts game everyone raves about. But the game where Geno had the most efficient passing of his career.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bad coaching isn't a problem? Um.........ok
This is the same coaching staff that decided to run the ball 8 CONSECUTIVE PLAYS against the #2 rush defense.
That is not only bad coaching, that is horrific coaching.

keasley45

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3q9h5j1z said:
Bad coaching isn't a problem? Um.........ok
This is the same coaching staff that decided to run the ball 8 CONSECUTIVE PLAYS against the #2 rush defense.
That is not only bad coaching, that is horrific coaching.

So ok. Let's pick that game. Yup, we ran. That was the strategy.

And yet that was a game we lost because we missed gimme fieldgoals.

I didn't like the strategy either but the fact is, if we make the plays we are supposed to make, we're in a good position to win.

Bad coaches don't assemble the type of defense that can hold the Pack to 3 points and make AR look pedestrian.

And bad coaches don't rescue a season like last year (that looks a lot like this year), mid season and find a way to mask our deficiencies and turn a sinking season into one where we finish 12-4. Until of course we hit the playoffs. How about I post some screenshots or All22 video from that game? I honestly don't think the Russ fan club could take it. Or better, they'd probably use the same excuse that every QB has a bad day, and that we should be thankful...

And PC has given control of the offense to Russ and Waldron. How's that working? His side of the ball looks pretty good. The side he gave up - Laughable. And the only defense the Russel fans can come up with:

1 . Look at his stats
2. PC won't let certain plays be run
3. PC has ruined Russ's psyche by brainwashing him into not throwing to open Wr's
4. PC changes the plays mid game
5. Look at his stats
6. The offenses scheme (under now the 3rd OC) is still just wrong
7. Look at his stats
8. PC won't let him throw ( even after an 11 to 40 ratio)
9..... Look at his stats

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They consistently refuse to adjust in game. Not sure what games you are watching.
You have your opinion, and I have mine. All good