Wilson’s head is the issue not his finger

hoxrox

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g7mugq5 said:
They consistently refuse to adjust in game. Not sure what games you are watching.
You have your opinion, and I have mine. All good

They adjusted by running the ball more in that second half against the Steelers. Ironically, that was the ONLY offense that worked that entire game.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3owal208 said:
You guys are hilarious. When he's gone, get ready to see some brutal QB play. Maybe you'll actually appreciate what you had. A few screen shots made from your couch, impressive. You could do this with QB's all over the league. Believe it or not, ALL QB's miss wide open guys. And yes, I'm fully aware he played like crap on Sunday.
People would rather just blast the QB than actually look at the REAL issue with this team, COACHING.
They get out coached and out schemed consistently. How can people actually not see that coaching has been a HUGE problem with this team. And it has directly contributed to a huge percentage of their losses.
But, believe what you want. It's a message board and it's all opinions. This site used to be a so much better.

Its not coaching dude... Keasley is right on with what's happening

LTH

keasley45

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39omtw7z said:
They consistently refuse to adjust in game. Not sure what games you are watching.

Um. Have you played football?? You can't adjust to something that's failing when it's your own player's fault the plays don't work.

Play it out. Waldron calls a play. He watches it play out. It functioned as it should. But the QB doesn't hit it.

What adjustment is there for that? Do you not call that play again because it didn't work?

You have to execute the play effectively to determine whether or not to adjust. If it's up in the air as to whether the defense stopped it or whether your own guys botched it, you're in a tough spot. You literally don't know what to call after a while.

When it SHOULD work and doesn't, you have no choice but to go back to what your QB does best and hope he can make the old tricks work.

THAT is what we are seeing. And I can defend it beyond it just being what I believe to be true.

keasley45

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1tar3a9r said:

And I watch and rewatch all of the games, from gameday field cams. Not the narrow TV broadcast.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":23luolkj said:
And honestly... no. I can't off the cuff think of the last game Tom Brady actually played a game where he obviously missed reads and failed to do what he's done now his entire career. The closest may have been at the start of last season when he wasn't familiar with the offense. I see drive after drive after drive of him navigating his offense and getting the ball to whoever is open, as soon as they are open.

I see Rodgers do it over and over again as well. He did it to us Sunday.

There is literally a mountain of evidence that Russel doesn't do this well. In spurts. Sure. I can post video. I can post stills. I can host a zoom call. It is simply not something that can be disputed on the basis of plays being available. They are there.

I think your pretty much spot on...

To me if one was to critize Carroll it would be not holding Russ accountable enough... Ive seen this situation with Holmgren and Favre Holmgren holding his feet to the fire same with Hasselbeck... That's not the way Pete does things but it feels to me that;s what needs to happen. sometimes Russ wants to be great so bad that it is actually working against him...

The other thing that I'm thinking is this O is build around the run and big success stopped happening when they lost Lynch...It seems that the Hawks never really have the run game consistently the way they need to have it because Carson can't stay healthy... this has been a problem like the NO game they were running fine but were unable to pick up the 3rd and short because they don't really have a back that can jam it in there...

I was just wondering How you see this issue between Pete and Russ? seems that Carroll gave up the O... Big mistake IMO...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":1y4zd0gs said:
SoulfishHawk":1y4zd0gs said:
It's an opinion. You could screen shot just about any game for any QB and find guys wide open. Russ is coddled? You can't be serious. He is one of the most criticized and blasted QB's by his own fanbase in the league. And on THIS site, he is basically an average QB to many. He RARELY gets the credit he deserves by quite a few fans and posters on here.
Russ played like crap, I get it. Coddled? That's pretty funny. You clearly haven't been on here long. I've never seen a player with more negative threads made about him. I think you'd be surprised at how many people have wanted him to be traded. And blatantly refuse to acknowledge him winning so many games. It's always because of "the defense and the running game" with people. And he absolutely DOES have to play a lot better. In fact, in his post game presser, he flat out said the loss was on him.
We can agree to disagree, no biggie. Just a place to talk football during a brutal 2021 season.

People act like his decision-making, demonstrated by the screen shots above is some sort of one-off anomaly. No, this is who Russ is and has been. Great at times, and bad at times. Inconsistent, and not good enough to carry a team deep into the post-season without a strong running game.

He was good at the start of 2019 - bad down the stretch. Good at the start of 2020 - bad down the stretch in 2020.

I'm still waiting for Russ to prove me wrong - where he will put together a complete season. From Sept to January.

Fourth quarter heroics? When was the last time that happened? Those days seems like ages ago TBH. Fresh in the memory are the poor decisions in that overtime loss against Tennessee.

Handcuffed? My ass. He has more agency on the offense this year than ever before. So rightly the onus is on him to perform and execute to the standard he has set for himself.

Coaches don't get a pass, but neither does Russell.

the problem with screenshots or even what we see is it is not what the Qb sees. For example last night the announcers said something about Jimmy G missing a player and the route that the guy was open. This was true except what they did not see was AD in the passing lane, I saw it by going back and relooking at it a few times. That is the issue with a lot of those using screenshots or whatever you don't know what it looks like from the QB vantage point, you don't know if the person got open when it was their turn in the progression or after. It's all pure guess what and people see what they want. Also great you have a screenshot or 2 of him making a mistake as has been said you can do that for every Qb. Talk about Cherry picking.

Now as to 4th Qtr comeback wins and the last time who about last year 3 times.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=WilsRu00

Amazing what the truth and the fact show.

John63

Reaction score
hoxrox":25m41b74 said:
SoulfishHawk":25m41b74 said:

They adjusted by running the ball more in that second half against the Steelers. Ironically, that was the ONLY offense that worked that entire game.

Great except Wilson did not play that game and again great so out of all the games played since 2012 you found one where they adjusted.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For the record I am with keasley45. Love the screen shots and pragmatic take. Well done. The proof is in the breakdown. Russ is missing his easy reads and still looking for Hero Ball more often than not. But yes, let's blame Pete and the OL. Russ is one of my all time favorite Seahawks but he's clearly not performing at his best. I will use his finger injury and coming back too soon as an excuse for that lousy performance but let's not kid ourselves, fully healthy or not, this has been Russ' M.O. for quite some time. Something needs to change.

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":24cmkcit said:
For the record I am with keasley45. Love the screen shots and pragmatic take. Well done. The proof is in the breakdown. Russ is missing his easy reads and still looking for Hero Ball more often than not. But yes, let's blame Pete and the OL. Russ is one of my all time favorite Seahawks but he's clearly not performing at his best. I will use his finger injury and coming back too soon as an excuse for that lousy performance but let's not kid ourselves, fully healthy or not, this has been Russ' M.O. for quite some time. Something needs to change.

It's not just about Russ thats part of it... the other part is the run game... when they are running the ball effectively Russ shines... since Lynch left the Hawks have struggled to have a consistent run game because they don't have a back that can stay healthy... look at what happen last year, they started to slide when Carson got hurt... then Russ started throwing picks... then when Carson came back they started winning again... the run Game is crucial to this O...

LTH

hoxrox

Reaction score
LTH":2j7rjrzd said:
Aros":2j7rjrzd said:

It's not just about Russ thats part of it... the other part is the run game... when they are running the ball effectively Russ shines... since Lynch left the Hawks have struggled to have a consistent run game because they don't have a back that can stay healthy... look at what happen last year, they started to slide when Carson got hurt... then Russ started throwing picks... then when Carson came back they started winning again... the run Game is crucial to this O...

LTH

100%

John63

Reaction score
Aros":1rsevit0 said:

and yet again 60-70% of his passes are short. so that means well wrong on missing reads and looking for hero ball more often than not.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LTH":3gh5xk9z said:
Aros":3gh5xk9z said:

LTH

Oh I fully agree. Without a solid running game we are one dimensional for sure. We need that balance to be at our finest on offense, period.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hoxrox":1rr1tbel said:
SoulfishHawk":1rr1tbel said:
It's an opinion. You could screen shot just about any game for any QB and find guys wide open. Russ is coddled? You can't be serious. He is one of the most criticized and blasted QB's by his own fanbase in the league. And on THIS site, he is basically an average QB to many. He RARELY gets the credit he deserves by quite a few fans and posters on here.
Russ played like crap, I get it. Coddled? That's pretty funny. You clearly haven't been on here long. I've never seen a player with more negative threads made about him. I think you'd be surprised at how many people have wanted him to be traded. And blatantly refuse to acknowledge him winning so many games. It's always because of "the defense and the running game" with people. And he absolutely DOES have to play a lot better. In fact, in his post game presser, he flat out said the loss was on him.
We can agree to disagree, no biggie. Just a place to talk football during a brutal 2021 season.

People act like his decision-making, demonstrated by the screen shots above is some sort of one-off anomaly. No, this is who Russ is and has been. Great at times, and bad at times. Inconsistent, and not good enough to carry a team deep into the post-season without a strong running game.

He was good at the start of 2019 - bad down the stretch. Good at the start of 2020 - bad down the stretch in 2020.

I'm still waiting for Russ to prove me wrong - where he will put together a complete season. From Sept to January.

Fourth quarter heroics? When was the last time that happened? Those days seems like ages ago TBH. Fresh in the memory are the poor decisions in that overtime loss against Tennessee.

Handcuffed? My ass. He has more agency on the offense this year than ever before. So rightly the onus is on him to perform and execute to the standard he has set for himself.

Coaches don't get a pass, but neither does Russell.
Ask to go look up the last time Russell threw for 3+ TDs against a playoff team. It was a looooong time ago

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qfmanu6 said:
I'm guessing by adjust, you mean stop calling plays that don't work and start calling plays that do?

John63

Reaction score
Aros":2c093fwj said:
Oh I fully agree. Without a solid running game we are one dimensional for sure. We need that balance to be at our finest on offense, period.

I would say for what OPC wants to run yes, but I think if we ran the offense we ran in 2015, and what the rams run, the run game is less important.

The problem is PC wants to run the offense a particular way, even though we don't have the players for it. We do have the players for an uptempo offense but he refuses to allow us to run that for a whole game.

All that I side I agree if PC is going to continue to force us to run the offense we ants we need a solid run game. The problem is we don't have it, and we are more than just an RB from it as our online is not good at all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As in ADJUST TO WHAT THE OPPONENT IS DOING. You know, like other teams do all the time while Pete does nothing? Why is it so hard to understand what adjusting means?

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2xplj0k3 said:
Aros":2xplj0k3 said:

I would say for what OPC wants to run yes, but I think if we ran the offense we ran in 2015, and what the rams run, the run game is less important.

The problem is PC wants to run the offense a particular way, even though we don't have the players for it. We do have the players for an uptempo offense but he refuses to allow us to run that for a whole game.

All that I side I agree if PC is going to continue to force us to run the offense we ants we need a solid run game. The problem is we don't have it, and we are more than just an RB from it as our online is not good at all.

i don't have an issue with the run blocking I just think its the backs staying healthy... if Carson could stay healthy there would not be a problem.

I think the Hawks addressed that with Penny who takes a crap load of heat for being a bust. But I'm not sure thats completely fair. He had it going he was developing into a good back until he hurt his knee then he was never the same... Again he does not have a history in college for being hurt... I think the problem with Penny is he wasn't the same after the injury

Collins is a good back but he is more of a slasher rather than putting his head down and banging it. That was pretty evident against the Saints, as they had problems getting those 3rd and short yards when they were trying to dominate in the run game...sometimes a back has to just get those tough yards by just being physical...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":304j62ej said:
As in ADJUST TO WHAT THE OPPONENT IS DOING. You know, like other teams do all the time while Pete does nothing? Why is it so hard to understand what adjusting means?

This

LTH

Reaction score
John63":3jp3opg5 said:
SoulfishHawk":3jp3opg5 said:

This

Pete isn't running the O Russ and Waldron are...you want him to adjust but you don't want him to run the ball... Lets look at the Hawks Rams play off game last year (oh you like the Rams) where Goff's hand was hurt... what did the Rams do they ran the ball 40 times...for an average of 3.9 yards a carry,... say what? it's ok for the Rams to control TOP and wear down the Hawks D but if the Hawks try to run the ball you guys say Carroll is screwing things up...

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well whether it is Wilson's fault or Pete's fault they both point to -> Pete has to go.

Either:

- Pete cannot hold Wilson accountable and get him to be a better QB,
in which case we need someone who can.

or

- Pete is not putting together effective gameplans and is assembling rosters that makes it harder for Wilson to succeed,
in which case we need someone who can coach effective and make better roster decisions.

It is probably a mix of both. But Pete and Wilson isn't going to work. And Pete has no value without Wilson.

So we are just killing time until we ishcan Pete then.