Wilson is leaving Seattle after this season

Vesuve

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2bn3bl92 said:
I have picked my side and put it on record.

Just wanted it out there.

I think he's leaving also.

Look at his eyes at his presser regarding the question.

Body language.

James in PA

Reaction score
I think after the Jamal Adams debacle, John and Pete (assuming they are both still here) wouldn't let him go unless they get a deal that looks great for Seattle (e.g. 3 firsts and a very good player).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wazzuwilly

Reaction score
James in PA":139f0wbv said:
I think after the Jamal Adams debacle, John and Pete (assuming they are both still here) wouldn't let him go unless they get a deal that looks great for Seattle (e.g. 3 firsts and a very good player).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speculation at best, but if if a trade happens it will be Pete and Wilson for Urban and Lawrence . On second thought, maybe things aren't so bad after all..

olyfan63

Reaction score
Prediction for the record:
Pete stays. 95% confident.
Waldron stays. 90% confident.
Russell stays. 60% confident.

We're all really just guessing, based on limited information. Those who will be making the decision don't yet know. The variable is what other teams will offer for Russell. It would have to be an offer so great it knocks the decisionmakers on their butt and they can't say no. Otherwise, I think we see at least one more year of Pete+Waldron+Russell, trying to make this thing work. If they can make it work, I think there is very high upside, like 12-5 and a divisional playoff win and NFCCG appearance, maybe more. For that we need Bobby to stay great for at least another year too.

Greenhell

Reaction score
How many times has it been a sure thing that Rodgers was leaving GB? Hasn't happened. And Russ isn't going anywhere either. Pete's done though, imo.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
IndyHawk":13c9n5yk said:
I think Russ is done here..It's the end
We need those picks.

Totally.. we have knocked it out of the park in the last 6 drafts ...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My response to the ideas of the thread,

Says who?

Further on the basis of what makes this declarative remark legitimate or objectively based, prove it.

Not buying into the negativity any more.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heard that the last 2 off season's. Meh. Still could go either way, but nobody really knows. Nobody. Only those behind closed doors at VMAC know.
A couple weeks ago, I would have guessed it's about 50/50 on him leaving. Now, I'm starting to lean more 65/35 that he stays. I hope he does, big time. But IF he leaves, his trade value will still be very good.
People acting like he's washed up and can't play. How cute............

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2s03plx2 said:

Says who?

Further on the basis of what makes this declarative remark legitimate or objectively based, prove it.

It's not negative to be objectively rational about Russell's situation.

I could see Russell staying in Seattle if Allen and the Hawk brass circle the wagons in the off season, meet with him and give him not only everything he wants organizationally (input into new coaching hire, coordinators, personnel, etc), and maybe even a new contract making him the highest paid QB again.

Sure, that's a very real possibility should the Hawk's FO decide to commit to Russ for another 6-7 years.

But even if Russell finishes the season strong and the Hawk's eek into the playoffs, or don't, I can't see him looking around at the depleted talent on the roster and thinking "yeah, I'd like 20 more years of playing for a coach in his 70's, getting injured cause my O-line is always terrible and struggling to be a .500 football team."

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tt8mlei said:
jammerhawk":1tt8mlei said:

Says who?

I could see Russell staying in Seattle if Allen and the Hawk brass circle the wagons in the off season, meet with him and give him not only everything he wants organizationally (input into new coaching hire, coordinators, personnel, etc), and maybe even a new contract making him the highest paid QB again.

Sure, that's a very real possibility should the Hawk's FO decide to commit to Russ for another 6-7 years.

But even if Russell finishes the season strong and the Hawk's eek into the playoffs, or don't, I can't see him looking around at the depleted talent on the roster and thinking "yeah, I'd like 20 more years of playing for a coach in his 70's, getting injured cause my O-line is always terrible and struggling to be a .500 football team."

I just think this team is way better than the record says... to me it's completely obvious and It's weird that people can't see it. Injuries are the reason this team is where it's at... yeah, yeah, I know... injuries are not an excuse... ok... but that is the plain fact. If Wilson doesn't get hurt this team is right in the think of it... and furthermore I think this coaching staff should win an award for keeping this team together through all the adversity. might not make the play offs this year but that isn't necessarily a horrible thing we are going to get a much higher draft picks... yeah, they don't have a #1 pick, and everybody is going to moan and whine about it ... Fine whatever. I like Jamal Adams... I think he has made an impact on this team...

LTH

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, you can't just ignore your QB getting injured, missing 3 games and taking another 3 to start looking healthy.
Along with a defense that is #5 in scoring. Average team sure, but certainly could have been a lot better this year.
Sometimes it's just not your year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":28e1au0p said:
Sgt. Largent":28e1au0p said:
jammerhawk":28e1au0p said:

Says who?

I just think this team is way better than the record says... to me it's completely obvious and It's weird that people can't see it. Injuries are the reason this team is where it's at... yeah, yeah, I know... injuries are not an excuse... ok... but that is the plain fact. If Wilson doesn't get hurt this team is right in the think of it... and furthermore I think this coaching staff should win an award for keeping this team together through all the adversity. might not make the play offs this year but that isn't necessarily a horrible thing we are going to get a much higher draft picks... yeah, they don't have a #1 pick, and everybody is going to moan and whine about it ... Fine whatever. I like Jamal Adams... I think he has made an impact on this team...

LTH

I also think we're better than 5-8, but that doesn't change the fact that this team wasn't all that great before Russell got hurt.

So sure, maybe we'd be 7-6, or 6-7. Do you really think that notion satisfies Russell after the season's over and he's deciding on what to do with the rest of his career?

We were 12-4 and he was making noises about possibly wanting to be traded. So not sure how your sentiment equals all is well in Russellville and he all of a sudden is super happy here.

He's saying all the right things, he's doing all the right things, all the things you want out of your QB and team leader.

But that's where it ends for me. I think his tune will change come the off season, especially if Jody gives Pete her stamp of approval.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1g0q4kcy said:
Sgt. Largent":1g0q4kcy said:
jammerhawk":1g0q4kcy said:

Says who?

LTH

You can think all you want the record is what it is and that's what we are, still does not negate the issues we have seen, injuries or not, those issues were there, this last game showed they are trying to adjust possibly, really won't know until we play Cardinals and Rams, teams that have been more consistent this season and provide a better measuring stick.

Wilson may like Seattle, he just may not like the Seahawks in their current form. An offense that pushes to score every possession like the Bucs, Chargers, and other teams where he can both win and put-up numbers for his legacy may be what he is looking at going forward. Pete's keep it close and win it mentality may not work for him anymore. For him to get numbers we need a defense that can stop teams and get turnovers consistently, we have not done that in a few years.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1g8l1gt3 said:
LTH":1g8l1gt3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1g8l1gt3 said:
jammerhawk":1g8l1gt3 said:

Says who?

LTH

I also think we're better than 5-8, but that doesn't change the fact that this team wasn't all that great before Russell got hurt.

So sure, maybe we'd be 7-6, or 6-7. Do you really think that notion satisfies Russell after the season's over and he's deciding on what to do with the rest of his career?

We were 12-4 and he was making noises about possibly wanting to be traded. So not sure how your sentiment equals all is well in Russellville and he all of a sudden is super happy here.

He's saying all the right things, he's doing all the right things, all the things you want out of your QB and team leader.

But that's where it ends for me. I think his tune will change come the off season, especially if Jody gives Pete her stamp of approval.

You want to know what I really think? I think that when a team works through the adversity that this team is working through it brings them closer together... When the leadership is strong and when the team respects each other and believes in one another, special things happen.

Losing makes you look at who you really are, and I think this is what has happened... I think this is what has happened to Pete, and this is what has happened to Russ... I don't know what's going to happen in the off season the media has everyone all fired up I suppose it just depends on how they finish the season... but if this team makes the play offs watch out...I think the whole team has turned and they are rolling let's see what happens in LA...

LTH

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
It's curious how different sides of this are (I suspect) partly right and partly wrong. Understand it's all conjecture at this point and the game being played is more like chess than checkers.

First for the "Russell Wilson loves Seattle, he's staying here forever, he will never leave an I will ignore anything to the contrary (because I can't deal with it if it were true)" camp: Putting aside that last, I agree. I think Wilson would like to stay in Seattle. I think he likes the area and the idea of playing on one team for his career.

Now for the "Wilson is totally leaving, we all know it" camp...Wilson also wants more Super Bowl victories and is doubtful that the current management and coaching can make that happen. Management has had too many draft whiffs. Coaching takes too long to get rolling and good record, bad record, has a consistent playoff ceiling.

So will Wilson stay? I think so, if there are big changes in Schneider and/or Carroll being shown the door. Wilson has seen their act for long enough. He wants something different. He would prefer that to be in Seattle, but if Allen values the coaching and management more than the franchise QB then he'll do that somewhere else.

That also makes the timing of the past week's rumor mill make more sense. Wilson's camp sends a signal that even a better end to the season than the beginning does not mean big changes will be avoided. They will be faced this off season one way or the other. That message is being sent NOW in December, because you just don't suddenly make those changes, much is put in motion beforehand (see Carroll's hiring).

And I believe that a solid majority of those in the "Wilson will never leave" and "Wilson is totally leaving" camps would gladly move on from both Carroll and Schneider tomorrow if it meant keeping Wilson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
All Ya'll are wrong. Nobody is going anywhere.

New OC this year, the offense is getting used to it, and Shane Waldron is still learning the job.

Injuries at RB, but they had a good plan for the backups. We need the running game to keep defense's off Russell's back.

Just look at the Chiefs after Clyde Edwards-Helaire went down, then got healthy again. The Kansas OLine was probably hitting their stride too.

The OLine has been struggling, but it's a new line that should have played in the Preseason!

Our Defense is the #6 Scoring Defense in the NFL, despite all of the injuries at DB. #5 Scoring Defense, the ONLY stat that matters when it comes to Defense.

Russell Wilson was talking to the announcers and told them he wanted to be like Derek Jeter and Eli Manning, his entire career with the team that picked him.

And I put zero credit on the "report" that Jody's not happy and may make changes. I swear, that guy took everything he said verbatim from .NET and Mike Salk who loves to be negative. He badmouthed Holmgren, and never misses a chance to take a shot at someone. Dude is miserable, and I doubt he's a true Seattle fan.

2 weeks ago Salk even acted the fool with Brock on a podcast. Huard was trying to make a point and Salk started interrupting him "I don't think so!" Every time Brock offered an argument, Salk would just say "Ehh..mehh...uh uh.." That's how children react when they don't want to admit your point, but have zero evidence to the contrary. They're just pissy.

Funny thing was, a couple of days later when Salk had Gee on, Gee started doing it to Mike! Cracked me up! I'm positive Gee wasn't serious, and that he was just getting Brock's back! :2thumbs:

Jusst an FYI on Chiefs running game, and the threat of it:

Nov 20, 2021 Chiefs activate Clyde Edwards-Helaire off IR ahead of Sunday's game vs. Cowboys. The second-year back has missed the past five games with a knee injury[/i]

Edwards-Helaire returned from injured reserve to run 12 times for 63 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City’s Week 11 win over the Cowboys.

Edwards-Helaire (illness) rushed 14 times for 54 yards and had three receptions for 28 yards in Sunday's 22-9 win over the Broncos.

Edwards-Helaire recorded 10 carries for 37 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's 48-9 win over the Raiders. He added three receptions for five yards

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
ivotuk":37t81o83 said:

New OC this year, the offense is getting used to it, and Shane Waldron is still learning the job.

Injuries at RB, but they had a good plan for the backups. We need the running game to keep defense's off Russell's back.

Just look at the Chiefs after Clyde Edwards-Helaire went down, then got healthy again. The Kansas OLine was probably hitting their stride too.

The OLine has been struggling, but it's a new line that should have played in the Preseason!

Our Defense is the #6 Scoring Defense in the NFL, despite all of the injuries at DB. #5 Scoring Defense, the ONLY stat that matters when it comes to Defense.

Russell Wilson was talking to the announcers and told them he wanted to be like Derek Jeter and Eli Manning, his entire career with the team that picked him.

And I put zero credit on the "report" that Jody's not happy and may make changes. I swear, that guy took everything he said verbatim from .NET and Mike Salk who loves to be negative. He badmouthed Holmgren, and never misses a chance to take a shot at someone. Dude is miserable, and I doubt he's a true Seattle fan.

2 weeks ago Salk even acted the fool with Brock on a podcast. Huard was trying to make a point and Salk started interrupting him "I don't think so!" Every time Brock offered an argument, Salk would just say "Ehh..mehh...uh uh.." That's how children react when they don't want to admit your point, but have zero evidence to the contrary. They're just pissy.

Funny thing was, a couple of days later when Salk had Gee on, Gee started doing it to Mike! Cracked me up! I'm positive Gee wasn't serious, and that he was just getting Brock's back! :2thumbs:

Nov 20, 2021 Chiefs activate Clyde Edwards-Helaire off IR ahead of Sunday's game vs. Cowboys. The second-year back has missed the past five games with a knee injury[/i]

Edwards-Helaire returned from injured reserve to run 12 times for 63 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City’s Week 11 win over the Cowboys.

Edwards-Helaire (illness) rushed 14 times for 54 yards and had three receptions for 28 yards in Sunday's 22-9 win over the Broncos.

Edwards-Helaire recorded 10 carries for 37 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday's 48-9 win over the Raiders. He added three receptions for five yards

Kansas City's recent success gives them much more latitude to render most any comparison to the Seahawks as laughable. Those seeing this as just an aberration, a down note season, are missing the forest for the trees.

I don't know who will actually leave, but I see it as a VERY low probability that Schneider, Carroll and Wilson are all together next year. On that list Wilson is the top priority.

LTH

Reaction score
ivotuk":6cdbcf60 said:

THIS^^^^^ THANK YOU!!! Geeze...

LTH

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1i8l9q2j said:
IndyHawk":1i8l9q2j said:
I think Russ is done here..It's the end
We need those picks.

Totally.. we have knocked it out of the park in the last 6 drafts ...
Oh I want JS gone too for his shit drafts and trades.