Meltdown

LTH

Reaction score
LMAO!!! Complete and total meltdown with one loss... you would think the Hawks were 1-6... Absolutely unbelievable...

Talk about fickle fans you guys are worse than 49er fans... STOP THE WHINNING PLEASE LMAO!!!!!!

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
LTH":2cu9uhxb said:
LMAO!!! Complete and total meltdown with one loss... you would think the Hawks were 1-6... Absolutely unbelievable...

Talk about fickle fans you guys are worse than 49er fans... STOP THE WHINNING PLEASE LMAO!!!!!!

LTH

Yes, it's true that some people are having a meltdown on here...but the rest of us are just reiterating what we've seen and were concerned about all along. It's pretty obvious to anyone who watches the Seahawks that we have glaring holes, and the 5-0 record blurred that for some. We're not the same 5-0 that the Patriots were when they were 5-0, on their way to a 16-0 season, that's for sure. That team had hardly any holes at all, except their ass"hole" coach and QB. :mrgreen:

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Yes it is a meltdown but when you see something that needs address and they don't address it hell they had two years to address it then a meltdown is fine.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OK let's talk about the 49ers then.

Our next week's contest is now elevated to a must win. If we do not win that one and if the rams go up by two we could find ourselves in third place easily.

We can only hope we have Adams back full speed and Snacks and Kendricks are ready to go at full speed. Especially Adams. He's the closest thing we have to a pass-rush, really.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1r0rsiet said:

Our next week's contest is now elevated to a must win. If we do not win that one and if the rams go up by two we could find ourselves in third place easily.

We can only hope we have Adams back full speed and Snacks and Kendricks are ready to go at full speed. Especially Adams. He's the closest thing we have to a pass-rush, really.

We had plenty of chances to win that game... they didn't get it done period... sometimes a loss is good its going to bring them back to earth, refocus the team and move on to SF,,, No big deal... 6-1 in the toughest division in football I can't wait!! this is the best season I can remember great games lots of suspense... I love these close games it way fun!!! I'm glad its a must win...

Enjoy the 6-1... the only thing the Hawks proved is they are HUMAN...the tougher it is the better bring on the whinners!!

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2vwf1eiv said:
Especially Adams. He's the closest thing we have to a pass-rush, really.

He's the only thing we have close to a pass-rush. I honestly can't remember the last sack we had, and who got it... and frankly, I don't really care lol. I'll take a handful of hurries and pressures on the QB at this point, over a random sack anyways.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TypeSly":1t0hn3zo said:
SantaClaraHawk":1t0hn3zo said:
Especially Adams. He's the closest thing we have to a pass-rush, really.

He's the only thing we have close to a pass-rush. I honestly can't remember the last sack we had, and who got it... and frankly, I don't really care lol. I'll take a handful of hurries and pressures on the QB at this point, over a random sack anyways.

That's Murray for ya they missed a sack 4 times ... this guy is an amazing player... give credit where credit is due...

edit spelling

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
LTH":2xpzcpyn said:
SantaClaraHawk":2xpzcpyn said:

We had plenty of chances to win that game... they didn't get it done period... sometimes a loss is good its going to bring them back to earth, refocus the team and move on to SF,,, No big deal... 6-1 in the toughest division in football I can't wait!! this is the best season I can remember great games lots of suspense... I love these close games it way fun!!! I'm glad its a must win...

Enjoy the 6-1... the only thing the Hawks proved is they are HUMAN...the tougher it is the better bring on the whinners!!

LTH

I'd love to enjoy 6-1, if and when we get to 6-1. Is this still considered whining?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
my bad wasnt wearing my glasses 5-1

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If someone would have told us they would be 5-1, sitting in first place and all with some major injuries? Yes please.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Less a meltdown than a realization that with 1:30 to go, and the lead, we are probably losing because our DC is incompetent or over his head.

Unless we have a 2 score lead, or we can score in the final minute to leave less than 30 seconds on the clock...we are likely losing.

If we are within a FG with less than 2 min in the game, we are almost assuredly losing.

And if Wilson has any kind of a bad game, or just a decent game, we are losing.

We almost have to score every drive or play hapless opponents.

As we get into the NFC West part of the playoff schedule, we have a number of additional losses coming.

The bright side is that it almost does not matter if we get home-field playoff advantage this year, so winning the division does not get us much...unless we think we really want that bye.

PS
Less a meltdown than venting. That is more about catharsis than pearl-clutching.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Look at who they have played and how those teams they have played did against the rest of the league.

That 5-1 was built on some pretty crappy teams.

Dallas, Atlanta, NE, and the Vikings are all punchlines...and we beat most of those teams in the final minutes if not seconds.

That 1 loss is going to turn into multiple losses as we hit the meat of our schedule. Still a playoff team but not even close to a team that has much chance once it makes the playoffs outside the wildcard games and maybe whatever NFC East Division team makes it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm just happy we get to watch some football.

It's frustrating seeing the Seahawks struggle on defense and expect Wilson to carry the team, but it beats not having football.

How's that for a positive spin?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So funny you mention that. After being pretty angry overnight, when I woke up, I said the exact same thing to my wife. We have football in 2020, are sitting at 5-1 and in first place.
Things could be a LOT worse. Nothing wrong with standing back and appreciating what you have. If that makes you a glass half full homer, so be it. I was pi**ed last night, just like anyone else.
But at the same time, I'm enjoying the season and the rollercoaster. And I appreciate that we even HAVE a season.
Did anyone really think with 100 percent certainty that we would even have a season?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Thank you Jerhawk.

You put that in perspective.

We almost didn't have a season.

It might be the worst defense in Seahawk, if not NFL, history - but it is better than no football.

just frustrating we mortgaged our future for this year when we really have no shot w this dc

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t blame posters here for being upset.

How can a bunch of “keyboard GMs” here understand the defense and its captains are not up to par and the head coach just willing to ride it out?

If there isn’t substantial improvement, Seattle will get bounced out the playoffs by teams with capable defenses.

This game with Arizona proves you cannot hope to win all your games by out scoring the other team all the time!

At some point, the offense is going to have some bad plays and bad series.

It will be the defense that needs to perform at a high level and that has not happened in 6 games. At all.

RCATES

Reaction score
LTH":kvlvhx1p said:

LTH

Can't wait to hear from this guy in a few more weeks.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":18bk3kwt said:
I don’t blame posters here for being upset.

How can a bunch of “keyboard GMs” here understand the defense and its captains are not up to par and the head coach just willing to ride it out?

If there isn’t substantial improvement, Seattle will get bounced out the playoffs by teams with capable defenses.

This game with Arizona proves you cannot hope to win all your games by out scoring the other team all the time!

At some point, the offense is going to have some bad plays and bad series.

It will be the defense that needs to perform at a high level and that has not happened in 6 games. At all.

Everybody knew this was going to be a tough game without JA and Snacks... Give credit where credit is due we lost on the road to a really good football team...

The D showed some improvement I think the addition of snacks is going to help that D line they were sucking air at the end of that game ... they need more people for the D line rotation...Snacks is going to help...

The D had Murray in the grasp several times the guy is just a really good football player...

LTH

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Comical. Point out the issues while they are winning to point out the winning is not sustainable and that the team makeup coupled with the way Pete likes games to go is going to lead to losses and a likely early exit from the postseason and get called stupid. Talk about how those things impacted this particular game and get told you are melting down.

Pete was finally starting to get the locker room back, he is going to lose it very quickly with his misplaced loyalties to coaches. If you don't hold your coaches to the same standard as your players you are going to lose the players. Oh, and if you don't have the defense the Seahawks had during 2012-2016 but you have Wilson, you better keep your foot on the gas from the opening kickoff to the final snap. Stop it with the "you win games in the 4th quarter" bs. That works with a great defense, without it you lose games in the 4th quarter.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3uj5g4c7 said:
Stop it with the "you win games in the 4th quarter" bs. That works with a great defense, without it you lose games in the 4th quarter.
I also feel like this applies to not just players but the staff as well. If you're staff isn't going to follow this advice, or disregard it then stop preaching it.