Meltdown

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
mistaowen":1rkiumzc said:
Are you really saying we knew the defense wouldn't be good without recently retired run stuffing DT Snacks Harrison?

Anyways, fandom doesn't have to be relentless optimism and ignoring of deficiencies. This defense is bad. Bottom of the league bad. Potential for worst yardage given up ever bad. I don't think blindly saying 'we'll go take care of 49ers next week!' is a good thing to do, neither is giving up on the team. People vent their frustrations here for a defense that was bottom of the barrel last season, had a bizarre allocation of money this year not fixing a clear problem, and are now watching an even worse defense every week. And this isn't some anomaly, the defense has been outright terrible for every game. We got lucky the Dolphins were fine kicking FG's all day, better more aggressive teams wouldn't have settled like that.

It is a genuine issue that the offense has to play perfect football to have an opportunity to win at the very end of every game. Think that deserves discussion...

If you read my posts I have never said this team did not have issues on D what I said and have always said is give the organization time to work out the issues... Thats my opinion... its not relentless optimism its just being realistic which doesn't make me any better than anyone else for those with poor self esteem...

LTH

PNW

Reaction score
LTH":3kij75lu said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3kij75lu said:
I don’t blame posters here for being upset.

How can a bunch of “keyboard GMs” here understand the defense and its captains are not up to par and the head coach just willing to ride it out?

If there isn’t substantial improvement, Seattle will get bounced out the playoffs by teams with capable defenses.

This game with Arizona proves you cannot hope to win all your games by out scoring the other team all the time!

At some point, the offense is going to have some bad plays and bad series.

It will be the defense that needs to perform at a high level and that has not happened in 6 games. At all.

Everybody knew this was going to be a tough game without JA and Snacks... Give credit where credit is due we lost on the road to a really good football team...

“THE D SHOWED SOME IMPROVEMENT” I think the addition of snacks is going to help that D line they were sucking air at the end of that game ... they need more people for the D line rotation...Snacks is going to help...

The D had Murray in the grasp several times the guy is just a really good football player...

LTH
Lololol what game were you watching???

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
PNW":1sxrl6l6 said:
LTH":1sxrl6l6 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1sxrl6l6 said:
I don’t blame posters here for being upset.

How can a bunch of “keyboard GMs” here understand the defense and its captains are not up to par and the head coach just willing to ride it out?

If there isn’t substantial improvement, Seattle will get bounced out the playoffs by teams with capable defenses.

This game with Arizona proves you cannot hope to win all your games by out scoring the other team all the time!

At some point, the offense is going to have some bad plays and bad series.

It will be the defense that needs to perform at a high level and that has not happened in 6 games. At all.

Everybody knew this was going to be a tough game without JA and Snacks... Give credit where credit is due we lost on the road to a really good football team...

“THE D SHOWED SOME IMPROVEMENT” I think the addition of snacks is going to help that D line they were sucking air at the end of that game ... they need more people for the D line rotation...Snacks is going to help...

The D had Murray in the grasp several times the guy is just a really good football player...

LTH
Lololol what game were you watching???

I assume you're talking about the statement I made saying the D showed some improvement... It wasnt perfect but I thought The D was doing ok till SG got knocked out of the game... then they put flowers in and dropped into a deep zone...that's when things started to get a bit weird... Our Dt/NT got tired at the end of the game and started giving up some run yardage that's fixable with Snacks coming into the rotation... we need quality depth on the D line Ponna and Reed cant play 75-80% of the snaps and figure to be effective... they lost it in the second half ...

LTH

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I think the "GONNA GO 5-5" people could be in the meltdown category, but mostly I see pretty even handed constructive stuff compared to past years. It's probably because everything going wrong is on the defensive side of the ball, when the offense doesn't do well I think that's when people seem to lose it a lot more.

It definitely sucks that every time the team goes up there's a really good chance the other team will score when they get the ball back. That's not a lot of fun.

But they should make the playoffs regardless sine they have such a strong start, and maybe they can figure some stuff out. But when the defense is on the field it's ugly and it starts to take the fun out of the game a bit.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":t9reulp7 said:
The D is making plays as well... after Metcalf ran down Baker the D snuffed AZ and forced them to punt... that should have been 7 points...

LTH

You're just blind to it arent you?

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2vswnh48 said:
LTH":2vswnh48 said:
The D is making plays as well... after Metcalf ran down Baker the D snuffed AZ and forced them to punt... that should have been 7 points...

LTH

You're just blind to it arent you?

Blind to what? I think this D is going to make a turn for the better when they get some guys back... I dont think they have to be as good as 2013 not the way the O is playing and I think the points I've brought up are legit...Im not going to whine about Norton...I'm not going to throw the D under the bus yet there is to much football to be played and I have faith in Carroll that he will turn it around... There is some good talent on this D and more is coming... is it perfect? No! is it good enough? I think so... Im just patiently waiting while you guys are all freaking out making your therapists rich LOL :snack:

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Things don't tend to melt until it gets hot enough. We need it hot. This is actually good for the team.

Carroll kept pointing out that things are fine, that 'it might be closer than fans want it to be' but we were winning.

The signs were there but he seemed OK with it.

Now we lost because Norton exists.

Carroll has to face the fact that his DC is not pulling his weight and is a problem. Publicly he was fine with the defense before.

Hopefully, this turns the heat up on Carroll to fix this D and lights the fire that gives rise to the Seahawk fans' revolt over Norton.

Only a raging fire will force change in time. Maybe if things burn down a bit we get that change we will need to take advantage of the opportunity that an unleashed Wilson presents this year. Unlikely.

Pete does not change unless forced to. Heck, the only reason Wilson is unleashed is likely because Pete was threatened into it. Even something that worked amazingly well, Pete might have had to be dragged into. So changing or Shcanning his DC is unlikely.

But it is pretty much all we can cling to. If enough of the fan base revolts against Norton, maybe. Long shot though.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":23kdlhu7 said:
Things don't tend to melt until it gets hot enough. We need it hot. This is actually good for the team.

Carroll kept pointing out that things are fine, that 'it might be closer than fans want it to be' but we were winning.

The signs were there but he seemed OK with it.

Now we lost because Norton exists.

Carroll has to face the fact that his DC is not pulling his weight and is a problem. Publicly he was fine with the defense before.

Hopefully, this turns the heat up on Carroll to fix this D and lights the fire that gives rise to the Seahawk fans' revolt over Norton.

Only a raging fire will force change in time. Maybe if things burn down a bit we get that change we will need to take advantage of the opportunity that an unleashed Wilson presents this year. Unlikely.

Pete does not change unless forced to. Heck, the only reason Wilson is unleashed is likely because Pete was threatened into it. Even something that worked amazingly well, Pete might have had to be dragged into. So changing or Shcanning his DC is unlikely.

But it is pretty much all we can cling to. If enough of the fan base revolts against Norton, maybe. Long shot though.

Do you actually believe that Pete Carroll cares about what you think the problems odf the Seahawks are? LMAO!!!! oh my!!! LMAO!!!!! :2thumbs:

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The meltdown brings out a lot of bad takes with nothing to back them up, which is annoying, but pessimism after the loss is totally natural and fine.

I'm not going to blame the defense particularly for this loss. My problem is the lack of championship execution in ALL phases last night. The defense is clearly the weak link of the roster, yes, but for last night, all phases deserve equal responsibility.

I'm also not blind to some of the great things that were shown off in that game. The offense was monumental - it was a few critical mistakes that did them in and, ultimately, wasted a historic night for them.

I don't think firing Norton solves anything at this juncture. This is 75 execution and talent, 25 coaching. I'd still prefer to move on from him, but it ain't a magic cure-all by any means. Jamal Adams coming back, however, will be big.

PNW

Reaction score
If JA comes back at this point, he could easily just re-injure his groin trying to press too hard to make up for this trash D.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25j4h1g9 said:
The meltdown brings out a lot of bad takes with nothing to back them up, which is annoying, but pessimism after the loss is totally natural and fine.

I'm not going to blame the defense particularly for this loss. My problem is the lack of championship execution in ALL phases last night. The defense is clearly the weak link of the roster, yes, but for last night, all phases deserve equal responsibility.

I'm also not blind to some of the great things that were shown off in that game. The offense was monumental - it was a few critical mistakes that did them in and, ultimately, wasted a historic night for them.

I don't think firing Norton solves anything at this juncture. This is 75 execution and talent, 25 coaching. I'd still prefer to move on from him, but it ain't a magic cure-all by any means. Jamal Adams coming back, however, will be big.

You know why it bothers me? because I dont want to feel bad about the Seahawks when we are 5-1... this is the one thing that I can just go to to get rid of the outside world... I love reading about the Hawks but damn...when we have a chance to feel good about something lets take advantage of that...

so yeah pessimism is natural but gee whiz...

LTH