Meltdown

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3bt5ndeb said:
JustTheTip":3bt5ndeb said:
Stop it with the "you win games in the 4th quarter" bs. That works with a great defense, without it you lose games in the 4th quarter.
I also feel like this applies to not just players but the staff as well. If you're staff isn't going to follow this advice, or disregard it then stop preaching it.

You have no idea what your talking about...

LTH

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
LTH":39qhie1w said:
Seahawk_Dan":39qhie1w said:
JustTheTip":39qhie1w said:
Stop it with the "you win games in the 4th quarter" bs. That works with a great defense, without it you lose games in the 4th quarter.
I also feel like this applies to not just players but the staff as well. If you're staff isn't going to follow this advice, or disregard it then stop preaching it.

LTH
What? That players and coaches are held to different standards? No, that's a very real thing and players can see and understand that.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Food for thought: Tennessee also lost yesterday, in worse fashion. I still view them as a contender, with 1 game not embodying their season. Apply that to the Hawks. We are a better team than yesterday's result.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":u2dy09jj said:
LTH":u2dy09jj said:
Seahawk_Dan":u2dy09jj said:
JustTheTip":u2dy09jj said:

LTH
What? That players and coaches are held to different standards? No, that's a very real thing and players can see and understand that.

And where do you get your information from?

LTH

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This isn't the meltdown.

If we lose to the 49ers, then you will see a meltdown.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
LTH":1f83plwv said:
Seahawk_Dan":1f83plwv said:
LTH":1f83plwv said:
Seahawk_Dan":1f83plwv said:

LTH

LTH
Patterns. Do you remember that coach named Bevell? It was no secret that Baldwin and Lynch didn't like him by sideline body language or when Lynch literally flipped him off. A coach responsible for some terrible schemes and yet after one of the worse Superbowl calls in history and following seasons of mediocrity on offense, he stayed and players were getting restless. It's also widely known, back at USC, that Pete was loyal to his staff to the point of causing more harm than good. It gets discussed on this forum all the time, for the last ten years even.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Are you really saying we knew the defense wouldn't be good without recently retired run stuffing DT Snacks Harrison?

Anyways, fandom doesn't have to be relentless optimism and ignoring of deficiencies. This defense is bad. Bottom of the league bad. Potential for worst yardage given up ever bad. I don't think blindly saying 'we'll go take care of 49ers next week!' is a good thing to do, neither is giving up on the team. People vent their frustrations here for a defense that was bottom of the barrel last season, had a bizarre allocation of money this year not fixing a clear problem, and are now watching an even worse defense every week. And this isn't some anomaly, the defense has been outright terrible for every game. We got lucky the Dolphins were fine kicking FG's all day, better more aggressive teams wouldn't have settled like that.

It is a genuine issue that the offense has to play perfect football to have an opportunity to win at the very end of every game. Think that deserves discussion...

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1p8fnmna said:
LTH":1p8fnmna said:
Seahawk_Dan":1p8fnmna said:
LTH":1p8fnmna said:

LTH

LTH
Patterns. Do you remember that coach named Bevell? It was no secret that Baldwin and Lynch didn't like him by sideline body language or when Lynch literally flipped him off. A coach responsible for some terrible schemes and yet after one of the worse Superbowl calls in history and following seasons of mediocrity on offense, he stayed and players were getting restless. It's also widely known, back at USC, that Pete was loyal to his staff to the point of causing more harm than good. It gets discussed on this forum all the time, for the last ten years even.

The reason the Hawks are where they are is because of the culture on this team... coaches as well as players... Its an organizational thing...I dont think anyone is close enough to this team to be able to say what your saying...

LTH

RCATES

Reaction score
JustTheTip":32e2bg7d said:
Comical. Point out the issues while they are winning to point out the winning is not sustainable and that the team makeup coupled with the way Pete likes games to go is going to lead to losses and a likely early exit from the postseason and get called stupid. Talk about how those things impacted this particular game and get told you are melting down.

Pete was finally starting to get the locker room back, he is going to lose it very quickly with his misplaced loyalties to coaches. If you don't hold your coaches to the same standard as your players you are going to lose the players. Oh, and if you don't have the defense the Seahawks had during 2012-2016 but you have Wilson, you better keep your foot on the gas from the opening kickoff to the final snap. Stop it with the "you win games in the 4th quarter" bs. That works with a great defense, without it you lose games in the 4th quarter.

Reality is here in Seattle we have some of the craziest homers in the league. Blinded by past success. Take it form other fan bases that have class and grace. It's ok to criticize and question the coaching staff of your team.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RCATES":3hx1icms said:
JustTheTip":3hx1icms said:
Comical. Point out the issues while they are winning to point out the winning is not sustainable and that the team makeup coupled with the way Pete likes games to go is going to lead to losses and a likely early exit from the postseason and get called stupid. Talk about how those things impacted this particular game and get told you are melting down.

Pete was finally starting to get the locker room back, he is going to lose it very quickly with his misplaced loyalties to coaches. If you don't hold your coaches to the same standard as your players you are going to lose the players. Oh, and if you don't have the defense the Seahawks had during 2012-2016 but you have Wilson, you better keep your foot on the gas from the opening kickoff to the final snap. Stop it with the "you win games in the 4th quarter" bs. That works with a great defense, without it you lose games in the 4th quarter.

Reality is here in Seattle we have some of the craziest homers in the league. Blinded by past success. Take it form other fan bases that have class and grace. It's ok to criticize and question the coaching staff of your team.

Yeah question all you want just have something to back up the claim...a article or something... criticize all ya want ...

LTH

RCATES

Reaction score
HagFaithful":1g4lnfoj said:
Food for thought: Tennessee also lost yesterday, in worse fashion. I still view them as a contender, with 1 game not embodying their season. Apply that to the Hawks. We are a better team than yesterday's result.

Are we? They showed a stat of the last 16 games Seattle has played yesterday and they were all one score games except one. Basically saying no matter what the competition is we have to scrape out wins in the closing seconds of the game. Riding on luck 9 games out of every 10 to win is not the mark of a contender. Its a dangerous line that will result in more losses and another early exit. Just sit back in watch. We have all seen this Movie before.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
LTH":qt6r0y1e said:
Seahawk_Dan":qt6r0y1e said:
Seahawk_Dan":qt6r0y1e said:

LTH

The reason the Hawks are where they are is because of the culture on this team... coaches as well as players... Its an organizational thing...I dont think anyone is close enough to this team to be able to say what your saying...

LTH
It's been discussed many times. Football is a game of passion and when you visible see your players pissed off and making suggestive gestures to your coaching staff, something is wrong.

This isn't new, this didn't go away. Pete does make solid, positive cultures but it's also clear that doesn't change things up when that change is needed. You can still have the overall feeling and message of your football culture so just as long you're willing to rejuvenate yourself and staff if things aren't working.

I dont think anyone is close enough to this team to be able to say what your saying...
Also I hate this mentality. It's basically the equivalent of, "Well you weren't there so stop talking about it." This forum, and all forums, is for discussion and that discussion can range. You're absolutely right that I am not in contact with anyone in the staff or have my finger on the pulse of the team, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my opinion, observation, or join in other discussion about the topic at hand.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":10jn25yn said:
LTH":10jn25yn said:
Seahawk_Dan":10jn25yn said:

LTH

LTH
It's been discussed many times. Football is a game of passion and when you visible see your players pissed off and making suggestive gestures to your coaching staff, something is wrong.

This isn't new, this didn't go away. Pete does make solid, positive cultures but it's also clear that doesn't change things up when that change is needed. You can still have the overall feeling and message of your football culture so just as long you're willing to rejuvenate yourself and staff if things aren't working.

I dont think anyone is close enough to this team to be able to say what your saying...
Also I hate this mentality. It's basically the equivalent of, "Well you weren't there so stop talking about it." This forum, and all forums, is for discussion and that discussion can range. You're absolutely right that I am not in contact with anyone in the staff or have my finger on the pulse of the team, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my opinion, observation, or join in other discussion about the topic at hand.

Who said your not allowed to voice your opinion? Im just giving my opinion of your opinion LMAO!!!!

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3armospt said:
Constructive criticism is not whining. Look, it's apparent to everyone:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/291 ... =editorial

The world is not ending because of one lose... ok so you guys want to give constructive criticism... fine dont I have the right to give my opinion? the Hawks D was doing fine until we lost SG... then Flowers came in and they dropped back into a zone D because Flowers can not man up and they didn't want to get torched by the big play... what are ya gonna do? The DT/NT are playing 70-80% in the rotation at the end of the game they were getting pushed around because they were tired... they couldn't stop the run...This is fixable stuff the world is not ending. The Hawks O was as much to blame as any part of the team...we knew it was going to be tough game without snacks and JA...

This doesn't mean that the culture of the team is gone it doesn't mean that the Hawks rebound... the world is not ending it was a tough loss but sometimes tough losses bring perspective and focus...

Its a long season guys cheer up its not over...

LTH

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":w8xdb4qr said:
LTH":w8xdb4qr said:
Seahawk_Dan":w8xdb4qr said:

LTH

LTH

Yes. It is like thinking about buying a car and then seeing it blow blue smoke at the tailpipe. You don't have to be a mechanic to know something is wrong with the car and even have an idea of what could possibly be causing the problem. You can form a reasonable opinion just through your own observations, you don't need to be told by somebody else something is wrong and you aren't going to just take the current owner saying there is nothing wrong if you are thinking about buying it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":13kd3e64 said:
Seahawk_Dan":13kd3e64 said:
LTH":13kd3e64 said:
Seahawk_Dan":13kd3e64 said:

LTH

Russell Wilson is the reason the Hawks are where they are. He has covered up so many issues along the way that its frightening. He's doing it again this very season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Ok I'm not picking on anyone here but I think fans complaining about other fans as if they're better is probably more annoyong than the overly emotional fan any day. Sports are fun and part of that fun is sometimes complaining, saying what you would do if you ran the team and letting off steam. Let people enjoy it the way they want to and quit caring about other people's reactions.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2r18bwx5 said:

Russell Wilson is the reason the Hawks are where they are. He has covered up so many issues along the way that its frightening. He's doing it again this very season.

Russell Wilson is a stud and he absolutely has a lot to do with where this team is no question but he is not the only reason this team is where they are ... guys like Metcalf and Lockett.... did you see how much time Wilson had to throw the ball... in some cases it was almost ridiculous... thats the O line playing well...

Did you see how well the special teams is playing they are lights out...

The D is making plays as well... after Metcalf ran down Baker the D snuffed AZ and forced them to punt... that should have been 7 points...

Wilson should have had two scores but he threw INT's... he is human and he is NOT the only reason this team is in first place in the NFC west...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
austinslater25":1a2xgiht said:
Ok I'm not picking on anyone here but I think fans complaining about other fans as if they're better is probably more annoyong than the overly emotional fan any day. Sports are fun and part of that fun is sometimes complaining, saying what you would do if you ran the team and letting off steam. Let people enjoy it the way they want to and quit caring about other people's reactions.

What like Im not allowed to have my opinion? you think I think I am better than you? where did that come from? I never said that...

Latest posts