I think Carr fits what Pete wants in a QB

Mizak

Reaction score
I was looking at Raiders team stats for their games and they had excellent ball control until they imploded in the second half of the season. They had 3 games where they had Time Of Possession of 31 minutes. They had 4 where TOP was 34 or more minutes. Isn’t that what Pete wants the offense to do? Run the ball, ball control. Carr throws deep passes too, when the situation requires it.

John63

Reaction score
Mizak":3uoc5evz said:
I was looking at Raiders team stats for their games and they had excellent ball control until they imploded in the second half of the season. They had 3 games where they had Time Of Possession of 31 minutes. They had 4 where TOP was 34 or more minutes. Isn’t that what Pete wants the offense to do? Run the ball, ball control. Carr throws deep passes too, when the situation requires it.

Except he does not run, avg more ints per season than wrong while less tds. Fyi TOP is also a bi product of defense. I think Carr would be horrible here.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":we0jfzy6 said:
Mizak":we0jfzy6 said:

Except he does not run, avg more ints per season than wrong while less tds. Fyi TOP is also a bi product of defense. I think Carr would be horrible here.

You don't think he can hand the ball off fast enough?

knownone

Reaction score
Carr is a weird QB. He's got a cannon for an arm, but his overall skillset has yet to consistently translate into wins. The Raiders have had one winning season in 7 years with him Carr under center. That is a major red flag. Fricken, Andy Dalton had 5 winning seasons in 9 years with Cincinnati.

Unless you got a ton of picks/players and Carr, it would be a potential disaster of a trade.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think Carr is underrated as a passer, though Carr is not the type of QB that Pete Carroll looks for. He's an accurate immobile QB that thrives off of the quick passing game and timing passes. Carr's deep passes are only okay. Carr's skillset is a mismatch for Seattle, I think he'd really struggle here in Pete's system. If he constantly has to run 7 step drops, he'll get killed.

The one thing I'll say about Carr is he's generally good against pressure. He has a good sense on when teams are closing in on him, and he has a fast release. Some people criticize him for getting rid of the ball too early in fact.

xray

Reaction score
Carroll just needs a QB that can hand the ball off . Any average QB fits what Carroll wants for his offense . Then work on putting together a top 5 defense . Problem solved .

Fade

Reaction score
Carr is a check down artist that is afraid of the rush, doesn't move that well, and lacks 4th quarter heroics. He is the exact opposite QB Pete is looking for.

This fanbase man.

Fade

Reaction score
xray":oo6eidzq said:
Carroll just needs a QB that can hand the ball off . Any average QB fits what Carroll wants for his offense . Then work on putting together a top 5 defense . Problem solved .

6-11 here we come!

ducks41468

Reaction score
He'll take a beating and won't complain, while being just decent enough to keep Pete off the hot seat. We'll win 7-8 games a year while Pete focuses on building a defense around safeties and linebackers. It's the ideal scenario.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Fade":3kylh63p said:
xray":3kylh63p said:

6-11 here we come!

Yep. Crazy how some still dont realize the inadequacies that Russ covers up on this team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't believe so. The Raiders have a top 5 running back in Josh Jacobs (who has been healthy for the most part). They also have Devonte Booker as their backup. Who also is a decent rb in his own right.

NJlargent

Reaction score
This would be a disaster. Anything with Wilson gone and PC still here is a disaster.

Difference between Green Bay and Seattle. They correctly tossed the coach.

Elemas

Reaction score
I hope you get rid of Russ fans get what you ask for. I’ll be back, not as a supporting fan, but back to laugh at you.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well that makes sense.

'What Pete wants' is the root of our problem in the first place.

Might as well replace Wilson with Carr so the failure is complete.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Worst case scenario is a good but definitely not great QB like Carr, where we do ok, just good enough not to move on.

If we move Russ and don't get a top 3 pick, I'd rather blow it up, fire everyone, and start over.

chris98251

Reaction score
pinksheets":m7mvelpn said:
Worst case scenario is a good but definitely not great QB like Carr, where we do ok, just good enough not to move on.

If we move Russ and don't get a top 3 pick, I'd rather blow it up, fire everyone, and start over.

Top three pick gets us pick in the 20's, a 2nd and a 3rd probably. Not a player we don't do that.

John63

Reaction score
ducks41468":2lc1jpmt said:
He'll take a beating and won't complain, while being just decent enough to keep Pete off the hot seat. We'll win 7-8 games a year while Pete focuses on building a defense around safeties and linebackers. It's the ideal scenario.

No its not by the time he make this great defense his contract will be up, Carr will be dead

bandiger

Reaction score
xray":yvczmwhs said:

No he probably wants a QB that can enhance the run game ala Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, etc. A game breaker, why else did the scout for guys like Mahomes or Allen? If Carr is his type of QB, than my opinion of Pete goes down the tubes of course it would make sense given how he signed crap like Whitehurst and Flynn.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Carr sucks under any kind of pass rush . His decision making and mental toughness are highly questionable no thanks hard pass. A sign and trade for Jameis Winston and 3 number 1 draft picks now that is a trade i could live with. Winston still has some upside and is still relatively young.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1nsj1hvv said:
Carr sucks under any kind of pass rush . His decision making and mental toughness are highly questionable no thanks hard pass. A sign and trade for Jameis Winston and 3 number 1 draft picks now that is a trade i could live with. Winston still has some upside and is still relatively young.

Jameis? Nah. But Taysom Hill sounds like a perfect Pete guy.