Pete Carroll on the Brink

Fade

Reaction score
[youtube]_uyzK1aWymA[/youtube]
[youtube]nIVIXUwLwA0[/youtube]
[youtube]PsZzHlQ9UCk[/youtube]

Pete must win now or things are going to get real ugly for him.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I agree with Rob Staton . Jody Allen needs to clean house at the end of the season, if Pete can't make a run this year, and right now the way this team is playing they will be lucky to get 9 wins. The Adams trade and 5 prior years of piss poor first round drafting and to many trade backs have resulted in a team that is outclassed at most positions on the field and consistently losses up front.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Watched and listened to the entire first video and haven't gotten around to the others yet, but some great points made by all three commentators. I agreed with pretty much everything they were saying. But I disagree with Stanton on Pete falling on the sword after this season if things continue to go south. Pete has too much pride and his ego is too big. He will never accept that the game has passed him by and he's no longer capable of leading a team to a championship.

We also have an owner who has no clue and no desire to manage an NFL franchise. Thus a 5-year extension for a HC who's expiration date expired years ago. Pete runs the entire show with no accountability to anyone but himself, and that's the way he and Jody wanted it. She doesn't have to worry about the day to day operations of an NFL team she had no interest in taking over or running in the first place, and Pete has carte blanche to do whatever he damn well chooses with no accountability. It's a losing combination in the purest sense.

This has all the makings of a very long season for the Hawks and their fans. Pete is losing the locker room evidenced by players like Flowers and Reed calling him out publicly regarding his schemes. I believe that's just the beginning. I saw a very angry Wagner and Diggs on the field yesterday, with Diggs angrily yelling at the Seahawks sidelines, which I can only assume was directed at the coaching staff. I believe this is just the beginning. The players realize they are not being put in a position to succeed by their coaches. The raw raw college style HC on the sidelines is growing stale with them. Major changes need to be made, but for reasons already stated, I don't believe Pete is going anywhere anytime soon. And until that happens, firing KNJ or bringing in new OC's is not going to fix anything. Pete is the one constant and single-handedly holds this team back from reaching their potential.

I believe in the offseason Russ will start complaining to the media again, Pete and John will grow tired of it, and he will get traded. Pete will think he can win by running the ball with a game manager at QB, and using his same outdated and ineffective soft zone defensive schemes. And every post game press conference, we'll continue to hear his "we're close and we're going to get this thing figured out" tired rhetoric.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I personally can not listen to the mumbling word salad of a Pete Carroll press conference. Cliches R us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TreeRon":3nbwmcpv said:
I personally can not listen to the mumbling word salad of a Pete Carroll press conference. Cliches R us.

Yes the super seriously troubled face saying "I didn't recognize this team" act is old.

I also do not believe Pete would ever step down or concede that he's lost the team and ability to coach. He's too positive and he's been far too successful to ever get to the point where he'd convince himself of this.

So idk, I guess get ready for even darker days as this teams slides further and further and Russell actually gets enough juice and leverage to force his way out.

Only way I see Pete leaving is if Russell and his agent pull a Rodgers and tell Jody Allen and McLoughlin that he wants Pete gone or else he's not going to play another down for them, no matter the consequences.

Which again I don't see Russell doing, but even he might be desperate enough to throw this Hail Mary to get Pete gone.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TreeRon":28oan7q3 said:

Getting "old" isn't it? The last two post game press conferences are exact duplicates. It appears to me that Pete has
"lost the locker room".

TraderGary

Reaction score
TreeRon":29i8ey68 said:

"Word salad" is a great was to describe it. :lol:

Actually him and Russ both are the cliché masters. They can say less with more than anyone I've ever seen.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We don’t want to do what the Giants did. Keeping a coach employed based on reputation and not current performance.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Reaneypark":17zm7kql said:
We don’t want to do what the Giants did. Keeping a coach employed based on reputation and not current performance.

But who's going to make the move to fire him? Jody was impressed enough with him to ink him to a shiny new 5 year extension last year. Pete doesn't answer to anyone else, and I would argue that Jody simply doesn't care as long as Pete is running the show for her.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
No one thought they could fire Mora after just one season either because that's not how the Seahawks operate. They did.

Vulcan would fire Pete if the determination is made it is what is best for the org.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Considering the value of an NFL franchise is in the billions, I wonder why the Allen family doesn't just sell the franchise since they have no interest in running it. Yes an NFL team is a good investment, but they are already extraordinarily rich. And wouldn't they rather invest in something they know about -- and actually want to get involved in? I'm sure they could get the new owners to throw in a bunch of lifetime season tickets to keep them occupied on a Sunday...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":ij6c36jz said:
Considering the value of an NFL franchise is in the billions, I wonder why the Allen family doesn't just sell the franchise since they have no interest in running it. Yes an NFL team is a good investment, but they are already extraordinarily rich. And wouldn't they rather invest in something they know about -- and actually want to get involved in? I'm sure they could get the new owners to throw in a bunch of lifetime season tickets to keep them occupied on a Sunday...

Good Lord. Now I've heard it all.

"Fire Ken Norton!"

"Fire Pete!"

"Blame Tre Flowers!"

"Cut Rashad Penny!"

"Trade Russell Wilson!'

"Sell the Franchise!"

What's next? "Move the Franchise to LA!" ?

:snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":dusp9g8m said:
No one thought they could fire Mora after just one season either because that's not how the Seahawks operate. They did.

Vulcan would fire Pete if the determination is made it is what is best for the org.

How much of that was Paul vs the brass at Vulcan?

My guess is it was almost all Paul's decision, thus the problem with having an absentee owner who isn't passionate about the team, or the sport in general.

Obviously this is all speculation, no one knows what Jody Allen's engagement or lack there of in the day to day operations of the Hawks. But considering the first thing she did after Paul died was give both John and Pete extensions? Says she's just fine with letting them run the team as they see fit, for the near future at least.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
For an Internet forum we sure have a lot of posters who seem to have intimate knowledge of Jody Allen and her willingness/desire to run this franchise. I personally have never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe this. She will never be Paul, but she will also never be Jerry Jones…

New owner, new coach, different QB… none of it comes with guarantees. I have watched hot coach’s shit the bed time and time again.
Did anyone see that idiot Chargers coach throw the ball twice with 40 seconds left, scoring and leaving Mahomes 37 seconds and a T.O.
Or that genius Shanahan scheme up that sweet prevent…the win defense lulz

How about McVay putting up THREE in the SB…I know I know he has a HOF QB now, that has ZERO playoff wins in 12 years.

For those of you that desperately want the whole organization to change have no fear, that time is coming and then you will have a whole new set of names to complain about every day.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lbmzy3v said:
Fade":2lbmzy3v said:

My guess is it was almost all Paul's decision, thus the problem with having an absentee owner who isn't passionate about the team, or the sport in general.

Obviously this is all speculation, no one knows what Jody Allen's engagement or lack there of in the day to day operations of the Hawks. But considering the first thing she did after Paul died was give both John and Pete extensions? Says she's just fine with letting them run the team as they see fit, for the near future at least.

I agree.

Also, Mora didn't have 4+ years left on his contract at $12M per year. I know Jody has more money than God, but that's still a big chunk of change even for a billionaire.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
How much money would the Seahawks lose longterm if they traded Russell Wilson, and kept Pete?

It's a business.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Fade":3inq9sq9 said:
How much money would the Seahawks lose long term if they traded Russell Wilson, and kept Pete?

It's a business.

It's a fair point.

I would love to see them move on from Pete. He really needs to go for reasons already stated multiple times in this and other threads on this and other sites. I just don't see it happening after he just signed that multiyear extension. I would be very surprised.

If it was someone other than Jody making those decisions, someone who was more passionate about the Seahawks or the game in general, then maybe I could see it. But I just think she's too passive and not nearly passionate enough to care that much as long as she has someone she trusts running things. And that's Pete.

Believe me, I would love to be proven wrong.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":bczqwqfn said:
Fade":bczqwqfn said:

Just as you correctly state that it's a guess as to the Mora firing being all PA's call, so too it's a guess that Jody Allen isn't passionate about the team or sports in general. I do agree that your guess is a very real possibility, but it's still just a guess. She's a recluse, and to my knowledge, she hasn't even done an interview that might give us some insight into her personality.

The fact that both Pete and John were given extensions doesn't mean anything. Contracts are non binding on the team. All they mean is that they can't go to another team during the term and that they are guaranteed the money, which is peanuts to a person like Jody Allen. If she wants one or the other out, their contracts will amount to nothing more than severance pay.

We're still months away from the team having to make such a momentous decision, if we get to that point.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":l0x9aluj said:
For an Internet forum we sure have a lot of posters who seem to have intimate knowledge of Jody Allen and her willingness/desire to run this franchise. I personally have never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe this. She will never be Paul, but she will also never be Jerry Jones…

New owner, new coach, different QB… none of it comes with guarantees. I have watched hot coach’s $h!t the bed time and time again.
Did anyone see that idiot Chargers coach throw the ball twice with 40 seconds left, scoring and leaving Mahomes 37 seconds and a T.O.
Or that genius Shanahan scheme up that sweet prevent…the win defense lulz

How about McVay putting up THREE in the SB…I know I know he has a HOF QB now, that has ZERO playoff wins in 12 years.

For those of you that desperately want the whole organization to change have no fear, that time is coming and then you will have a whole new set of names to complain about every day.

So everthings just fine and dandy in Seahawk land right now right? Stay the course.

I'll never understand fans that think like this when its right there in front of them.