O Line

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Same garbage offensive line we’ve had the past decade but tonight Geno the turnover machine Smith was behind center. Nothing changes unless something changes.

Enough is enough.

Hawkee

Reaction score
Geno is a good backup QB - just as long as he doesn't have to pass or run with the ball.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The only consistent problem was TJ Watt, who can hardly be contained by any lineman in the NFL. It's why TJ Watt is... TJ Watt.

Turnover machine is really an overstatement, as well. C'mon. Keep your wits. The loss sucks and I'm nauseated too, but let's not just start making stuff up.

The line had a middling performance made worse by Geno's unwillingness to climb the pocket. TJ Watt is gonna be TJ Watt regardless.

OP
OP
hugecanoli

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":miibzryj said:
The only consistent problem was TJ Watt, who can hardly be contained by any lineman in the NFL. It's why TJ Watt is... TJ Watt.

Turnover machine is really an overstatement, as well. C'mon. Keep your wits. The loss sucks and I'm nauseated too, but let's not just start making stuff up.

The line had a middling performance made worse by Geno's unwillingness to climb the pocket. TJ Watt is gonna be TJ Watt regardless.

Bro don’t tell me to keep my witts. He played in two games and both ended on him turning the ball over. We lost an Ot game 15 min ago with him laying the ball in the turf. And it wasn’t just Watt…this OLine blows.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hugecanoli":tzmyfda7 said:
Maelstrom787":tzmyfda7 said:

Bro don’t tell me to keep my witts. He played in two games and both ended on him turning the ball over. We lost an Ot game 15 min ago with him laying the ball in the turf. And it wasn’t just Watt…this OLine blows.

Keep your wits, then. Two turnovers hardly constitutes a turnover machine, especially when the first one you're referencing was clearly not on him.

OP
OP
hugecanoli

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Two game sample size. Two game losing fumbles.

Call a spade a spade. Keep your witts.

The line is below average. Has been for years. They run block (somewhat) but cannot pass pro. No Russ to hide some deficiencies today. But also no Russ to hold the ball too long either.

That’s what happens when you have a 35m/QB sucking payroll and adding a 70m safety with horrible hands and no cover skills doesn’t help either.

Poor decisions = shit line.

Reaction score
The fumble sucked but Fuller just watched Watt go right past in front him without making even a slight effort to block on that play.

hawker84

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2k39h0gi said:
hugecanoli":2k39h0gi said:
Maelstrom787":2k39h0gi said:

Keep your wits, then. Two turnovers hardly constitutes a turnover machine, especially when the first one you're referencing was clearly not on him.

You have obviously not followed Genos career, he's riding the bench these days for a very good reason. He's a turnover in crucial moments
Waiting to happen. Always has been.

Jville

Reaction score
Typical O-Line thread.

Lot's of reactionary insults and name calling all for the sake of insults and name calling.

God help anyone who dares take the opportunity the Pittsburgh game presented in offering any meaningful contrast and comparison between the two different left guards. Nope, not going to happen here. Too much of a headache.

Nope ....... lazy posting is effortless. Cry and complain. Perhaps a rebranding to seababies.net would be more representative of what visitors can expect to find here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hawker84":1v3v0ipg said:
Maelstrom787":1v3v0ipg said:
hugecanoli":1v3v0ipg said:
Maelstrom787":1v3v0ipg said:

You have obviously not followed Genos career, he's riding the bench these days for a very good reason. He's a turnover in crucial moments

Context matters. Bringing up the turnover machine comment to neg his performance when he has not at all been a turnover machine, especially for a backup, is irrelevant to the point of the thread. Wholly irrelevant.

But, of course, that means I "haven't followed Geno's career." Totally.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1zblu482 said:
hawker84":1zblu482 said:
Maelstrom787":1zblu482 said:
hugecanoli":1zblu482 said:

Context matters. Bringing up the turnover machine comment to neg his performance when he has not at all been a turnover machine, especially for a backup, is irrelevant to the point of the thread. Wholly irrelevant.

2 TOs in 1.3 games that's alot.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1nv3crrs said:
Maelstrom787":1nv3crrs said:
hawker84":1nv3crrs said:
Maelstrom787":1nv3crrs said:

Ahh 1 was clearly not his fault, and that's a stupidly small sample size, not that I expect you to either understand or care about the significance of sample sizes as proven by your arguments in previous threads. Ahh

Fade

Reaction score
Leaving TJ Watt singled up is poor coaching. It is legal to chip with the backs and TEs, and help. But no, Pete continually allows the best pass rushers in the league to be single blocked and wreak havoc on his offense.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1oyn5xmb said:
John63":1oyn5xmb said:
Maelstrom787":1oyn5xmb said:
hawker84":1oyn5xmb said:

Ahh 1 was clearly not his fault, and that's a stupidly small sample size, not that I expect you to either understand or care about the significance of sample sizes as proven by your arguments in previous threads. Ahh

Does not matter last year when Wilson had a string of tos some of which went off rb and wr hands but u and others still complained. Like I said 2 TOs in 1.3 games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TJ Watt was without a doubt the MVP of last night's game, and yes, he's going to make a lot of linemen look bad. But he wasn't the only Steeler wrecking havoc on our OL, at least in our passing game. Highsmith got in on a couple of sacks, spinning our tackles around like turnstiles. It didn't look like we had a lot of play calls to counter their rush, so I can blame some of it on our OC.

But we did have a lot of success running the ball, so you have to credit our OL for that. Not a lot of drive killing penalties, either. Bottom line is that they played well enough to win.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":12ilc6q5 said:
Maelstrom787":12ilc6q5 said:
John63":12ilc6q5 said:
Maelstrom787":12ilc6q5 said:

Does not matter last year when Wilson had a string of tos some of which went off rb and wr hands but u and others still complained. Like I said 2 TOs in 1.3 games.

John.

They're two different quarterbacks with two different sets of expectations. You cannot possibly not understand this.

Russell had a stretch of bad turnover games last year. The reason he gets criticism for this is because it is bad for HIM. A player of his repute making as much as he is.

Geno is a backup most famous for getting his shit rocked by a teammate over less than $1000.