Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March Madness!

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
March Madness!
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:17 am
  • My favorite sports event is back! It's been 2 years since our last tournament and I'm excited to root for underdogs and watch some great games.
    Who do you guys like as possible dark horses and who is your favorite to win it all?
    I'm a zag fan so no secret who I think will win.

Feel free to make this a tourney thread and maybe a game day thread as well.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Re: March Madness!
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:36 pm
  • Not to be a party pooper but I pretty much hate this time of year sports wise.
    Hate March madness and how it’s overhyped as hell. Hate the Masters. Back when I listened to sports radio this was the month I took off from listening. I do not care about anyone’s bracket.

But then again I’m not a college BB or golf fan.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:17 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Not to be a party pooper but I pretty much hate this time of year sports wise.
    Hate March madness and how it’s overhyped as hell. Hate the Masters. Back when I listened to sports radio this was the month I took off from listening. I do not care about anyone’s bracket.

But then again I’m not a college BB or golf fan.

March Madness is the only basketball I care about. The NBA can sit and spin for all I care.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:07 am
  • To each their own. I grew up listening to the Zags before they ever even made the tourney. Their elite eight run was INCREDIBLE! Just watched them with my son these last couple of nights.
    I remember as a teen listening to ESPN and getting to hear the zags talked about on national radio shows for the first time!
    Getting to watch programs and players on the big stage is a lot of fun.
    I watch the first weekend from morning to evening and love every minute of it.

The whole event is fun but it is dissapointing the fans will not be there for the most part this year.
    I love the excitement of the crowds and the energy it brings.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:56 pm
  • Drake gets their first tourney win in 50 years with a great finish!
    Down all game long and hit their shots at the end to pull out a 1 point victory over Wichita state.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:20 pm
  • If you don’t like March Madness probably just means you don’t like basketball. Not sure if I’ve met a hoops fan that doesn’t like March Madness. I think it’s the best sporting event.

I have Liberty to the Sweet 16. Going to take either UConn or Texas to the final four from that region. UConn is really good, they played half their season without one of the best players in college basketball. With him healthy they probably finish closer to a 4 seed. Texas is loaded with talent and have great guard play.

I have Illinois winning the championship, because I know most brackets will have Gonzaga. Gonzaga’s path is probably easier than Illinois to the final four, but if they play each other in the championship game I think Illinois matches up nicely.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:33 pm
  • Illinois would be a tough matchup for GU. Mainly because Ballo did not develop as hoped this year and GU is thin in the front court.
    Liberty is not someone I know anything about. Do you like them or just their match ups?
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:33 pm
  • UCLA and MSU going to the wire. Good set of games today!

Edit: going to overtime tied at 77. Not a fan of Cronin but he has UCLA playing harder and with better D than I have seen them play in a while.

And UCLA comes up big in overtime. Lots of dismissing of the Pac 12 (and probably deservedly so) but the Pac gets a win over the mighty big ten team.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:11 am
  • Natethegreat wrote:Illinois would be a tough matchup for GU. Mainly because Ballo did not develop as hoped this year and GU is thin in the front court.
    Liberty is not someone I know anything about. Do you like them or just their match ups?

Liberty has dominated their conference for a while now. They won a game in the last March Madness and this team is suppose to be better. I’m usually off on my brackets but I like choosing upsets.

Yeah all the games today were great. Three of them went down to the wire. I think there were maybe two close and exciting NFL playoff games this season. Always felt like NFL was great regular season and snooze fest for the most part in playoffs. College basketball is the opposite, fairly boring regular season but must watch once it gets to the post season tourneys.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:02 am
  • I had never thought of it that way but your kind of right. Especially the super bowl which is so often not really interesting. Kind of a let down.
    Whereas with the tourney you can always find an interesting game going.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:13 pm
  • More good games today! Currently watching Oral Roberts taking Ohio State to overtime.

Edit: Oral Roberts with the win in overtime! Big Ten not showing out great so far after being the best conference all year.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:30 am
  • Eastern Washington jumps out to 9 point lead on Kansas! Would love to see the Eagles pull an upset here!
    Eags up 8 at half! Could have been 10 but they missed a runner to close out the half. Grove brothers playing great!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:35 pm
  • The first round didn't lack for upsets.15 seed Abilene Christian upsets number 2 Texas on free throws with 1.2 seconds left down 1. Two 2 seeds upset in the first round this year.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:04 am
  • Check it out - #1 seed Illinois down by 11 to #8 seed Loyola Chicago with 4m to play!
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:49 pm
  • Man I really wanted to watch this game! Anywhere you can watch a replay? I had picked them to upset Illinois in my bracket. The committee did them no favors having them as an 8 seed. Really good team.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:59 pm
  • Big 10 looking pretty overrated at this point. Not saying they are not one of the top conferences but the separation is not there.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:47 pm
  • Oral Roberts upset Florida. Only the second 15 seed to ever reach the sweet sixteen, after Florida Gulf Coast in 2013.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:07 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Oral Roberts upset Florida. Only the second 15 seed to ever reach the sweet sixteen, after Florida Gulf Coast in 2013.

I remember that team. Really athletic and fun to watch.
    The Beavers looking really good against Oklahoma state tonight. Up 14 at the half.
    Pac 12 is showing strong so far in this tourney. ACC and Big 10 especially really struggling.

Edit: Oregon state falling apart early second half. Look like a completely different team.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm
  • Pac-12 telling the nation to put some respect on our name! Oregon state finished with a 10 point win after a strong comeback attempt by Oklahoma st.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:45 pm
  • Good win for the Beavers but man they looked ragged in the second half. Made a lot of really head scratching plays. Pulled it out though so good for them.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:39 am
  • So much parity in college basketball today. Has my bracket looking horrible.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:31 am
  • Oregon rolls over Iowa. Pac 12 continuing to show out. I think USC could give Kansas trouble too.
    Big 10 has not done well. I believe Michigan is the only team left?
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:34 pm
  • Gonzaga joins UNC, Duke, and UCLA as the only programs to get to 6 straight Sweet 16's.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:41 pm
  • Lordy, the Trojans are straight SLAUGHTERING Kansas. 79-44 with 5 minutes left.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:05 pm
  • 1/4 of the field in the Sweet Sixteen are Pac-12 schools. USC, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State. No other conference has more than 2. So much for the weak conference narrative.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:59 pm
  • I'm curious, as a Zag fan I believe they get by Creighton but I think Oregon and USC are playing some really good ball right now. I could see either giving the Zags a tough game. Who do you guys think will win the USC vs Oregon game and who do you think would give the Zags a tougher game?
    I have my own thoughts but was curious to get some other perspectives.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:10 pm
  • USC would be a tough matchup just because of the Mobley brothers. But Enfield is a pretty weak coach. Few would school him and I’m not sure he can get by Oregon.

Not March Madness but a lot going on with the UW basketball team. I’m hearing as many as 5 guys could transfer out. So far Brooks, Stevenson, Pryor and Tsohonis have all announced they’re leaving. I’ve heard that Battle and Roberts could possibly be our too.

They got a kid from Nigeria to commit today along with former Seattle U star, Terrell Brown, who played at Arizona last season. I’ve heard there are some big names coming to UW. Probably already a verbal commitment but word hasn’t come out yet. The names I’ve heard floated have been Welp (the son of former UW star), Tari Eason (Seattle kid who played last season at Cincinatti), Jaquori McLaughlin ( ex UW commit who decommited once we got Fultz), Marjon Beauchamp (was originally a 2020 prospect and considered a fringe top 50 recruit, was going to sit out and go straight to the NBA, but now is opening his recruitment again).

There are a ton of guys available, just a matter of who Hop can get. Expect a huge overhaul and a much better roster next season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:14 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:USC would be a tough matchup just because of the Mobley brothers. But Enfield is a pretty weak coach. Few would school him and I’m not sure he can get by Oregon.

Not March Madness but a lot going on with the UW basketball team. I’m hearing as many as 5 guys could transfer out. So far Brooks, Stevenson, Pryor and Tsohonis have all announced they’re leaving. I’ve heard that Battle and Roberts could possibly be our too.

They got a kid from Nigeria to commit today along with former Seattle U star, Terrell Brown, who played at Arizona last season. I’ve heard there are some big names coming to UW. Probably already a verbal commitment but word hasn’t come out yet. The names I’ve heard floated have been Welp (the son of former UW star), Tari Eason (Seattle kid who played last season at Cincinatti), Jaquori McLaughlin ( ex UW commit who decommited once we got Fultz), Marjon Beauchamp (was originally a 2020 prospect and considered a fringe top 50 recruit, was going to sit out and go straight to the NBA, but now is opening his recruitment again).

There are a ton of guys available, just a matter of who Hop can get. Expect a huge overhaul and a much better roster next season.

Any of them headed to Spokane, like Williams-Goss did a few years ago?
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:12 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:USC would be a tough matchup just because of the Mobley brothers. But Enfield is a pretty weak coach. Few would school him and I’m not sure he can get by Oregon.

There will be massive roster turnover this season. The waiting year for transfers is waived this year. Hopkins is fortunate to have this opportunity to get some talent on his roster. He better take advantage of it or I doubt he makes it another year.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:16 am
  • I also think that USC is the tougher game for the Zags. Oregon is really good but they like to play the same type of game as the Zags and I think the Zags would get tested but come out on top.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:10 am
  • Who are you guys rooting for in the Oregon State Loyola Game? I'm torn, I love rooting for the underdog small school but I like Wayne Tinkle and the Beavers too. Wayne Tinkle has Spokane roots too.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:56 am
  • Natethegreat wrote:Who are you guys rooting for in the Oregon State Loyola Game? I'm torn, I love rooting for the underdog small school but I like Wayne Tinkle and the Beavers too. Wayne Tinkle has Spokane roots too.

I usually find myself rooting for the lower seeded team but don't really care who wins this particular match-up, though am slightly rooting for the Beavers. However, it IS pretty fun watching Loyola's vaunted defense -- especially Krutwig and his uncanny ability, thanks to his long twitchy arms, to disrupt the other team's control of the ball.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Wow, only 16 for Loyola at the half, and Oregon State has the lead with 24. Final score could be real interesting.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Not a pretty first half. I found myself rooting for the Beavers once the game started.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 pm
  • Oregon State upsets Loyola Chicago 65-58. Only the second 12 seed to ever make the Elite Eight, tied for the lowest ever.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:59 pm
  • Villanova giving Baylor a run for their money so far.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm
  • Watching these games makes me thankful I get to watch the Zags play actual offense.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am

Hopkins is a below average coach. If UW fans expect him to suddenly turn things around, I think you are kidding yourselves. UW can be good, but you can’t hire assistants to be HC. You hire to hire a proven coach.

I like what Utah did with there hire. Texas is about to land TTU coach. Not saying UW can get a guy like that, but a coach from the MWC or something similar would be an improvement. Look at Altman and Tinkle as examples to follow.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:33 pm
  • Really looking forward to USC Oregon tonight. UCLA up 11 at half against Alabama but I bet Alabama comes back and wins. Pac 12 looking like its playing its best ball at the right time.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:33 pm
  • Poaching a Coach works, Don James a good example, Pederson another.

Find a lower conference team that has had great success with a Coach over a time period.

Poach and Coach at a higher level, most people that are successful want to pit their skills against the best.

They don't have to be a big name, but successful over a window of time say 8 years so they have had to turnover athletes and prove their system works not a good group of players.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:42 pm
  • Wow, can't believe Alabama hit that three to tie. Momentum headed to overtime.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:57 pm
  • :lol:
    Natethegreat wrote:Wow, can't believe Alabama hit that three to tie. Momentum headed to overtime.

They were definitely the better shooting team.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 pm
  • Alabama showing their true colors as losers... fouling with under 10 seconds left down over 10
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:11 pm
  • Agreed. Weak-ass SEC crap.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:04 pm
  • Elite Eight teams by conference:

AAC: 1 Team
    Big 10: 1 Team
    Big 12: 1 Team
    SEC: 1 Team
    WCC: 1 Team
    Pac-12: 3 Teams

:sarcasm_on: But, yeah, the Pac-12 is inferior. :sarcasm_off:
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm
  • I'm guessing this is a first that all three WC states will be represented in the Elite Eight. If OSU and UCLA can pull off upsets, and Gonzaga can handle USC, that could carry to the Final Four.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:48 pm
  • Watching UCLA/Michigan and I don't see either giving GU any problems.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:17 pm
  • UCLA upsets Michigan, 51-49. Zags get the Bruins.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:19 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:UCLA upsets Michigan, 51-49. Zags get the Bruins.

UCLA can be utterly shutdown inside for long stretches of time. This team, despite its ability to crawl through the tournament, is definitely the one that Gonzaga preferred.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:33 pm
  • Threedee wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:UCLA upsets Michigan, 51-49. Zags get the Bruins.

UCLA can be utterly shutdown inside for long stretches of time. This team, despite its ability to crawl through the tournament, is definitely the one that Gonzaga preferred.

I honestly don't think they cared one way or the other. GU would have beaten either team. Neither UCLA nor Michigan would be able to keep up with GU's scoring especially as good as GU is at defense.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information