Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March Madness!

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: March Madness!
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:
    Threedee wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:UCLA upsets Michigan, 51-49. Zags get the Bruins.

UCLA can be utterly shutdown inside for long stretches of time. This team, despite its ability to crawl through the tournament, is definitely the one that Gonzaga preferred.

I honestly don't think they cared one way or the other. GU would have beaten either team. Neither UCLA nor Michigan would be able to keep up with GU's scoring especially as good as GU is at defense.

True, we saw that USC couldn't muscle Gonzaga around with its bigs.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:49 am
  • While anything can happen I think the 2 teams nearly everyone has been calling the top 2 teams will be in the championship game. Baylor will beat Houston and I think fairly comfortably. GU will beat UCLA by double digits I think maybe even by 20+.
    If GU doesn't win I would be floored and terribly disappointed. I am hoping for a 40 point beatdown after the meltdown we had against them in the sweet sixteen so many years ago (that steal for the win was a foul by the way and it wasn't even close) but I digress.
    I was rooting for UCLA even though I have never liked that team just for the opportunity for sweet revenge. I am so stoked for this final four!!!!!!!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:29 am
  • Very happy with the GU-UCLA match-up. Another game where GU will look like the Globetrotters at times.

Baylor-Houston will be very interesting to watch. There's something a bit weird about the Houston team and I haven't figured out what it is yet.

Unless Houston does something flat-out crazy, it'll be GU-Baylor for the championship on April 5!
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:33 pm
  • Houston's insane rebounding statistic is something for concern. If Baylor survives the matchup, there isn't really anything like that about them that is a specific threat to Gonzaga. Will be interesting to see who survives that game. UCLA was very lucky to have gotten this far. Plus, their top scorer tweaked his previously injured ankle. Hard to picture him at 100% throughout the game.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:09 pm
  • Watching many of the games throughout this tournament has made me realize how lucky I am to follow the Zags all year. Their offense is beautiful to behold. Then I watch these other teams and see halting offense mostly comprised of one on one attempts that produce empty trips down the floor. It just isn't nearly as fun to watch.

Its not hard to see why Gonzaga is getting the top recruits now. They can see this too. Their offense is a tier above everyone elses out there. The unselfish nature of it, the constant flow and movement, the excellent passing(an underrated part of why this team is so good). They just dissect even the best defenses out there. GU hasn't even really shot well from three this whole tournament (decent not great). If they do Lord help the team they play.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:02 pm
  • In a year where GU is seeking perfection that hasn't been seen in college basketball in over 50 years at a program that has been lifted out of complete obscurity by its coach Mark Few the AP decides that the coach of the year is drum roll please. Yes you guessed it!!!!

Juwon Howard!!!!!!!

Yeah that makes complete sense. Don't worry guys that whole east coast bias thing is all in your heads nothing to see here. Historical seasons by all metrics are nothing when compared to a coach coming into a blue blood program and having a decent second year.

Its not even like Michigan was struggling when he took over. In fact they were doing quite well. There is no way you could look at this season and say Juwon Howards was better. NONE!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:29 pm
  • To add to the madness, UCONN was eliminated in the Final Four by AZ on the women's side.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 pm
  • I can't believe UCLA scored 44 in the first half.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:28 pm
  • Let’s got Zags!!

As a Zag Dad, I’m stoked!
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:37 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:Let’s got Zags!!

As a Zag Dad, I’m stoked!

And concerned it’s so close at this point. Let’s go boys!!!
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:19 pm
  • Man this has been a doozy of a tournament this year. Best part is the two best teams will be vying for the title. GU with a chance to be considered the best of their era. Stoked for the Final!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:02 am
  • Man alive its 8 in the morning and I am so hyped up for this game!
    I believe in this GU team. I really do think they win tonight. Not because Baylor isn't great they are but this GU team is just that good! Let's goooooooooo zags!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:07 pm
  • whatever happens tonight the 2021 Zags are one of the greatest college teams of all time
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:52 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:whatever happens tonight the 2021 Zags are one of the greatest college teams of all time

If they win then yes. If they lose, don’t think so. The undefeated record holds less weight because they play in a small conference. I do think they win today.

I will be rooting against the Zags tonight because that’s what UW fans do.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:30 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:whatever happens tonight the 2021 Zags are one of the greatest college teams of all time

If they win then yes. If they lose, don’t think so. The undefeated record holds less weight because they play in a small conference. I do think they win today.

I will be rooting against the Zags tonight because that’s what UW fans do.

I would expect nothing less! In fact that to me says the Zags have arrived when they are actively rooted against. We are no longer the cute little cinderella story nor are are we the annoying kid brother. No GU is the now the national title contender and moving into the hated territory.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information