10-4 and playoffs clenched, sorry haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":1qbzi5jj said:
Welshers":1qbzi5jj said:
Sea84hawks":1qbzi5jj said:
the opponent was clearly the better team in offense, defense, and coaching! Luckly Haskins figured out the second half how trashy this team is
I can't even tell if you people are serious anymore. The opponent was better on offense and defense? We turned them over more and scored more points. They got aided by a BS penalty and we had a drive killed by a tipped INT...

Explain to me how their offense AND defense were not better then ours??
What game were you watching?

It's good to be optimistic and happy for a win, but this team is going near the Superbowl!

That's the spirit

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":1585hysd said:
Maybe try watching a game first! Where the opponent was clearly the better team in offense, defense, and coaching! Luckly Haskins figured out the second half how trashy this team is and needs no frightening. If there was another quarter of play, we would of lost easily!

And if my aunt had balls.....

Nunya

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":1vf98ght said:
Maybe try watching a game first! Where the opponent was clearly the better team in offense, defense, and coaching! Luckly Haskins figured out the second half how trashy this team is and needs no frightening. If there was another quarter of play, we would of lost easily!

Do you get up in the morning and start kicking puppies right away, or do you wait an hour or so?

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
Our defense held them to 3 points through 3 full quarters. Yet we still almost lost. very happy for the win and both sides of the ball have a lot to be proud of but we very nearly blew a huge game that in all likelihood would have meant we lost the division title.

As usual, the sky isn’t falling but nor is it painted with rainbows and unicorns. Big game next week vs rams, really hope they get it done!

justafan

Reaction score
10 o clock east coast win. I enjoy every win but these are always a relief.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1u827yan said:
All I want is to get past the divisional playoffs. The Seahawks were going to make the playoffs regardless, the question is what they'll do in the playoffs, and my guess is not much.

Meanwhile, the Rams are currently down 13-0 to a team we CRUSHED last week. A winless team we crushed last week.

Guess the hawks arent the only team that has poor games/stretches of games.

But Seattle isn't capable of winning much in the playoffs because......???

PNW

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":2z6bgslk said:
Our defense held them to 3 points through 3 full quarters. Yet we still almost lost. very happy for the win and both sides of the ball have a lot to be proud of but we very nearly blew a huge game that in all likelihood would have meant we lost the division title.

As usual, the sky isn’t falling but nor is it painted with rainbows and unicorns. Big game next week vs rams, really hope they get it done!
Stop that, you’re using way too much reason and logic haha you have to either be a homer or a negative Nancy here :lol:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Welshers":ik3s9qwo said:
Tons of people were calling for us to lose this game. Now I see them all crying in the Game Day forum that we should have lost. It's like they actually want this team to lose? I read people saying Russ is a terrible player after a tipped interception. This was a game against a team who had won 4 straight and we held them to 15 points and handled them. We won the game and we are 10-4 and going to the playoffs, only a game back behind the best team in the NFC. Sorry haters, we won. We got the job done. I honestly think there are people here who want this team to lose. I read a lot of people literally saying "the game is over we lost" when WFT got the ball back.

Sorry haters. Go Seahawks!

Way to get personal. Many fans are negative or get uptight. They dont "hate" the hawks. I think people get very worried are super emotional. You are not a better fan because how you root.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Today was a great game with a ton of effort.

It was a hard fought victory, and I'm very proud of our guys.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Shanegotyou11":269vsqrs said:
Welshers":269vsqrs said:
Tons of people were calling for us to lose this game. Now I see them all crying in the Game Day forum that we should have lost. It's like they actually want this team to lose? I read people saying Russ is a terrible player after a tipped interception. This was a game against a team who had won 4 straight and we held them to 15 points and handled them. We won the game and we are 10-4 and going to the playoffs, only a game back behind the best team in the NFC. Sorry haters, we won. We got the job done. I honestly think there are people here who want this team to lose. I read a lot of people literally saying "the game is over we lost" when WFT got the ball back.

Sorry haters. Go Seahawks!

Way to get personal. Many fans are negative or get uptight. They dont "hate" the hawks. I think people get very worried are super emotional. You are not a better fan because how you root.
I don't think I'm necessarily a better fan, and I don't see how I am getting personal or attacking anyone in particular. I didn't call anyone out specifically here. If you read the reactions in game day chat they were absolutely insane. I just think it gets way out of hand. And it really does seem like people want this team to lose sometimes. But I wouldn't say it's anything personal against anyone.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Playoff clenching threads should generally be a celebratory occasion. Unfortunate that you had to use it to attack your fellow fans.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

MrThortan":1g48a9oh said:
Playoff clenching threads should generally be a celebratory occasion. Unfortunate that you had to use it to attack your fellow fans.
Not sure how attacked anyone? I never said anything like "you are bad fans" or even "screw you guys". I just gave my opinion as to why it's a better result then people seemed to make it out to be. Oh, and I said sorry to the guys that wanted the Hawks to lose today. The W clearly wasn't the result some people wanted.

D

DomeHawk

It's a "forum" for discussion, people are going to discuss the bad AND good aspects of the game and team.

Why is that so difficult to understand for some people?

This "better fan than thou" bullshyt was old many years ago.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawkpower":11juo8pr said:
Spin Doctor":11juo8pr said:
All I want is to get past the divisional playoffs. The Seahawks were going to make the playoffs regardless, the question is what they'll do in the playoffs, and my guess is not much.

Meanwhile, the Rams are currently down 13-0 to a team we CRUSHED last week. A winless team we crushed last week.

Pete Carroll. He has a losing record in the playoffs since 2015 -- this despite fielding some great teams. In 2015, for example the Seahawks were number 1 in DVOA by a large margin. Pete Carroll is a great guy for building culture but his on the field coaching, and game plans are many times perplexing. Our losses in many of those playoff games are directly a result of his coaching and game planning. I also happen to think this is a highly flawed team with an equally flawed coaching staff, particularly on defense with Ken Norton Jr.

This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs. We're once again going to have an early exit, I don't see anything that shows me otherwise. Every team has a chance in the playoffs of course, but I'm seeing a lot of the same habits that led to our downfall in previous years.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

DomeHawk":guhlx5qk said:
It's a "forum" for discussion, people are going to discuss the bad AND good aspects of the game and team.

I don't think anyone is a better fan than anyone LOL. You are missing the point of the thread.

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3rp8u1l8 said:
Hawkpower":3rp8u1l8 said:
Spin Doctor":3rp8u1l8 said:

Pete Carroll. He has a losing record in the playoffs since 2015 -- this despite fielding some great teams. In 2015, for example the Seahawks were number 1 in DVOA by a large margin. Pete Carroll is a great guy for building culture but his on the field coaching, and game plans are many times perplexing. Our losses in many of those playoff games are directly a result of his coaching and game planning. I also happen to think this is a highly flawed team with an equally flawed coaching staff, particularly on defense with Ken Norton Jr.

This team isn't going anywhere in the playoffs. We're once again going to have an early exit, I don't see anything that shows me otherwise. Every team has a chance in the playoffs of course, but I'm seeing a lot of the same habits that led to our downfall in previous years.

Again complete and total garbage...

LTH

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Most people unhappy about the play of the team talk about players, plays, coaching etc. Welshers has nothing to contribute so he just bashes on posters he doesn’t agree with. Must be fun at parties lol.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
DomeHawk":19in74eg said:

Completely true. Self appointed thread police are the acne of the Internet.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

JayhawkMike":e427a9tg said:
Most people unhappy about the play of the team talk about players, plays, coaching etc. Welshers has nothing to contribute so he just bashes on posters he doesn’t agree with. Must be fun at parties lol.
I have nothing to contribute? Be unhappy all you want, but I really just don't think the sky is falling like some people seem to. The team is 10-4 when so many teams are terrible year in and year out. A lot to be happy about if you ask me.

I also post things about injuries, playcalling, tactics, etc. I often call out things wrong with this team, actually. But I am entitled to an opinion when I see people freaking out. Sorry you take my opinion as having nothing to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts