10 am complaining

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":13hjrb19 said:
We've had these body clock arguments around here for years. The game is a 1 pm east coast time so nobody can convince this world traveler about the 3 hour difference.
It's just another excuse. It s playing on the road that is difficult in every sport.

I am (or more was) a huge world traveler too. And I didnt notice much either.

HOWEVER, Im also not a world class athlete competing against another world class athlete at the top of his game. Every inch counts now. I think I would notice the inches if I had to be at my peak performance vs when Im just trying to find the next local beer.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off is having to play on Monday night football the week before. History is not on our side.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, seems kind of strange that the team that plays Monday night has to come back at the earliest possible spot 6 days early. But, it is what it is. Get the W and none of it matters.

drcool

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":36ok3pr2 said:
I hate 10 am games. If I ever move out east this will be the primary reason.

I would much rather have the West Coast schedule for games. Sunday Night, Monday Night and Thursday Night games don't start until 8:30 and end close to midnight. That makes for some tired days on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. And I am still not used to having 1:00 and 4:00 games on Sundays. Unless the Seahawks are playing I rarely watch the 4:00 games.

Cartire

Reaction score
drcool":3r95kinm said:
Zebulon Dak":3r95kinm said:

I would much rather have the West Coast schedule for games. Sunday Night, Monday Night and Thursday Night games don't start until 8:30 and end close to midnight. That makes for some tired days on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. And I am still not used to having 1:00 and 4:00 games on Sundays. Unless the Seahawks are playing I rarely watch the 4:00 games.

Amen that 5:30 start time. Football nights are perfect. An OT game will still end just after 9 at the latest. Perfect.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cartire":27zzg608 said:
drcool":27zzg608 said:
Zebulon Dak":27zzg608 said:

Amen that 5:30 start time. Football nights are perfect. An OT game will still end just after 9 at the latest. Perfect.
Concur. Pacific time as a viewing fan is the best.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2kvcnhyr said:
Cartire":2kvcnhyr said:
drcool":2kvcnhyr said:
Zebulon Dak":2kvcnhyr said:

Concur. Pacific time as a viewing fan is the best.

For people that have to get up early on Monday, sure. I would love if the games were at 1, 4 & 8:30. That would be fantastic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkGA":3aod7c3c said:
Just a little complaint post about the Hawks 10 am start time this week. Playing at Cincy, the regular start time is of course the early game. And for some unknown reason, it would be too onerous to make it a late game, right? Except that this very week, AZ is playing at Detroit and they are the sole late game on Fox. Thanks NFL. Thanks a lot.

I'm confused. You'd like a game in the eastern time zone to start at a time other than 10:00am?

So you're cool with teams coming in here from the east coast and starting games at 2 or 3 because....................?

Unknown reason did give me a lol, so thanks for that. NFL regular time schedule? what it do?

marko358

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the team changes anything in weeks where they are scheduled to play a 10 am game? Would make sense to have your entire week of practice and preparation adjusted 3 hours earlier in the day so that the early game on Sunday has no effect. Maybe they do something like that now? *shrugs*

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Some of you are sounding like the Forty Whiners fans.

Let's not be them.

The schedule is the schedule... it's not going to determine the Hawks season... so let's please stop the bitching.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Maybe it is time the Hawks sacked up (not sacked Russ) and just won a 10AM road game. Good grief this excuse gets old. It is almost as tired as "St. Louis plays SEA well at home." Holy crap, if I hear that again I'll puke. Figure it out guys.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":e4qx7l1u said:
The thing that pisses me off is having to play on Monday night football the week before. History is not on our side.

Nor injuries and OL play. Oh well.

Reaction score
Only thing that gets me going is that the giants and 9ers play Sunday night.... how was that not flexed?!

Cartire

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":2drdf6jz said:
Only thing that gets me going is that the giants and 9ers play Sunday night.... how was that not flexed?!

Its has the Giants. NBC would never flex out an NFCE team.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":1olpt6o3 said:
They haven't started flexing yet, have they? Doesn't that start later in the year?

AVL

Reaction score
It seems like the locals should have first say in when the game is played, but that's not the case.

Just be glad they don't make us play the 10 a.m. game at home, whiners.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Anyone can deny factors that may affect a game to some degree whether it makes sense or not. The only reason it's "bitching / whining" is that some insist on calling it that for their convenience. Yet, perhaps those are the same people that want to call whatever topic they like to bring up a "discussion" and get bent all out of shape if one argues the point. That's how this board rolls. Not surprising, we all have opinions. But, it's one thing I'm growing tired of - that topics like this are deemed either "bitching/ whining" or "discussion" depending on how it serves our individual opinions. Doesn't calling it "bitching" violate some board rule about how we're supposed to address one another? If not explicitly, it's definitely a gray area. I think it's insulting to others. That's my opinion. Why not just simply say you don't agree or you don't think there's anything to it? It goes beyond and crosses a bit of a line. Maybe subtly, but it still does. I'm probably guilty of it, too.

As for the topic... I don't know what it is about it, but there are factors that seem to affect a teams' performance and it's compelling when a team is 0-4 against divisional opponent on the road in a different time zone that hasn't faired well in that time span. It's not just the Rams, either.

Further and perhaps not a great example, but I see it in even youth football when kids just don't play the same at a certain time of day. I'll tell you that it certainly drives coaches and parents crazy because all the work you put it seems like a waste when they don't play to their potential at an early AM game. It's not the same thing and the NFL is comprised of professionals. But, I think the point of bringing up the topic when it does get brought up is trying to figure out why there is a correlation. If we try to reason, it makes about as much sense as a dog chasing a car it cannot catch. But, it does. And, our beloved team seems to flop at 10am (PST) more often than not.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkGA":3l6qfp9b said:
StaffAmerica74":3l6qfp9b said:
They haven't started flexing yet, have they? Doesn't that start later in the year?

Week 5 is first official week.

Latest posts