Seymour

Reaction score
IndyHawk":255fly45 said:
He is an Elite Game Manager..This suits him really well which we all saw today.
However is he worth 30+million?Nobody in the game today is..All that does is cost you
Championships due to a weak overall team..The new powerhouse will be a team that refuses
to pay any position past a certain amount to have a strong team in all phases that beats
a couple of overpriced wows.

There is no such thing as an elite game manager!! :roll:

Making shit up because Wilson had a great week and you want to tone it down doesn't fool those that follow your Wilson history.....so don't bother with making crap like that up.

One question.

You are building a team of your own and you can have Luck or Wilson as your QB for free. Who do you chose?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
7 years and counting. And people still fight it with Russ. So entertaining.

He's one of the best in football, get over it and support the guy.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
Atradees":2wh9xwtt said:
i am still not convinced that Russell Wilson is not Carlton.........fresh Prince of Bela-ire sidekick. Which would make him roughly 50. Its like believing in unicorns

How awesome would it be if Russ made the Carlton his touchdown dance?

chawx

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3e65k17c said:
He completed a lot of difficult throws as well.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1056702465351933952[/tweet]

This is an amazing stat and destroys the "any QB can run this offense" argument. "Any QB" would have missed on half of Wilson's throws yesterday.

Wilson is the key to the Seahawks winning football games and that, my friends, is worth every penny of any contract he gets.

Plus, imagine playing against him. He would wreck us every. single. time.

justafan

Reaction score
Cartire":1uipf3pf said:
Spin Doctor":1uipf3pf said:
Scorpion05":1uipf3pf said:
Spin Doctor":1uipf3pf said:
Most people don't have much a problem with Wilson. What they have a problem with is a 30 million dollar QB that only throws the ball 16 times a game. Can he do more? Absolutely. That being said, if we're going to be paying a QB, the return on investment is extremely low for an offense that only is passing the ball around 45% of the time. We also don't want Carroll feeling forced to hand Wilson the ball either, because that is when we get wacky schemes.

Oh my goodness give it a rest. You guys rip him when he struggles. Rip him when he runs for his life. Now that he’s throwing efficiently you’re ripping him for not throwing enough.

And to that point, that is with all due respect lazy analysis. We are a run first team. But you know why teams can’t stack the box with 8-9 defenders consistently? Russell Wilson

You know why defenses have to assign one LB to spy and respect the read option? Russell Wilson. In other words, because of Russ that’s one less defender our offense has to worry about.

This team is still structured around Wilson. Teams have to game plan and can’t focus on stopping our running game. Because we have a top 5 QB. It’s a similar dilemma to what teams had to deal with last year with the Saints. How do you stop a running game when Brees can throw it over the top. As with us, how do you stop a running game when Russell can run it, throw it in tight spaces, and audible into better running/passing plays at the line. Our QB is worth every penny :177692:
Russ is not worth 30 million dollars, I'm sorry. Especially not in this style of offense. There are other QB's that could run this style. Sure, they wouldn't post the same numbers, but they could get the job done.

Would it help if you didnt think of it as $30 million? When Russ earned the Y/A $22million on his first contract, the Salary Cap was $143M. The 2019 Salary is estimated to be $187M.

His current contract has been relatively 15% of the cap.
If he gets $30 next year, it will be 16%.

Are we really quibbling over 1%? The guy has proven for almost 7 years he's a winner. He's our QB.

Nice. Nobody they bring in for less will be a proven winner and SB champ.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I'm going to guess spindoctor is a in the trenches working stiff who never had the cajones to get into management and see what life is like on the other side of "the door". If you can accept that the QB is middle management, and the coaches and GM are the upper management, then upper comes up with game plan, it's it on the QB in this game to wrangle up the troops and make the plan happen.

Typical, "I could do it better, I just don't wanna" attitude of people on the ground who sit back and throw darts.. Well, everyone else is contributing too...yeah but they piss and moan the whole time (LOB lately, or the late LOB) and never do anything but complain if the manager actually makes something happen. HE THINKS HE'S SO GREAT. Anybody who works in middle management will tell you it's a thankless job. You get s==t from above, below, and all sides. AND HOW DARE YOU MAKE MORE MONEY THAN WE DO.

I guess, at the end of the day, football player is a union job. spindoctor, do you belong to a union? Probably. and/or work for the government. You probably get overpaid and complain the whole time. Go take your smoke break.

chris98251

Reaction score
AubHawk71":t6h2bu8u said:
I'm going to guess spindoctor is a in the trenches working stiff who never had the cajones to get into management and see what life is like on the other side of "the door". If you can accept that the QB is middle management, and the coaches and GM are the upper management, then upper comes up with game plan, it's it on the QB in this game to wrangle up the troops and make the plan happen.

Typical, "I could do it better, I just don't wanna" attitude of people on the ground who sit back and throw darts.. Well, everyone else is contributing too...yeah but they piss and moan the whole time (LOB lately, or the late LOB) and never do anything but complain if the manager actually makes something happen. HE THINKS HE'S SO GREAT. Anybody who works in middle management will tell you it's a thankless job. You get s==t from above, below, and all sides. AND HOW DARE YOU MAKE MORE MONEY THAN WE DO.

I guess, at the end of the day, football player is a union job. spindoctor, do you belong to a union? Probably. and/or work for the government. You probably get overpaid and complain the whole time. Go take your smoke break.

This should go over well.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2tyynh1w said:
AubHawk71":2tyynh1w said:

:snack:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3p87h87x said:
chris98251":3p87h87x said:
AubHawk71":3p87h87x said:

:snack:

:stirthepot:

mrblitz

Reaction score
russell's stats against the lions were gaudy; uncanny; many superlatives.

add in 170+ yards rushing and that is a potent synergy between passing and running..

Cartire

Reaction score
mrblitz":1oin2n6c said:
russell's stats against the lions were gaudy; uncanny; many superlatives.

add in 170+ yards rushing and that is a potent synergy between passing and running..

This is the correct conclusion.

I dont need RW to throw for 300+ yards or 35+ times a game. I need RW and the running game to complement each other and execute when its their turn. This is the most potent formula and has been for awhile.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The thing is with paying QB's is, it's out of the Seahawks hands really. You pay him or you don't, the market is set.

You could draft a rookie and pay him the rookie rate, go the journeymen QB route, or you pay your QB the going rate. It is what it is.

I sure don't want some re-tread vet who has been on 6 teams, and I don't wanna try and draft a QB again, so......

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1056920352943681541[/tweet]
DqstBNwWwAAqlxE

So you have three choices.

A) Pay Russell Wilson $30M+ APY, and have $170M to build the rest of your team.

B) Pay a journeyman QB like a Kase Keenum $20M+ APY, and have $180M to build the rest of your team. This will be the going rate going forward. Blake Bortles is making $19M APY.

C) Roll the dice in the draft, and hope you get lucky, and have $199M to build the rest of you team.

I easily choose "A". Pete can build a young, low cost Defense in his sleep, to overcome the cost of a Franchise QB.

If Seattle had an offensive guru head coach like a Sean McVay, I would ponder the "C" choice. The Seahawks do not have that luxury. They hit the lottery on Russell Wilson. You pay him, build a young defense, retain a few key vets, sign a couple of pass rushers in free agency, and take another shot at winning a Super Bowl.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Fade":31k0xc3f said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1056920352943681541[/tweet]
Funny. On NFL.com they have their weekly "FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Week". Despite Wilson's 'perfect' game they chose to put Tommy boy in it. All he did was throw for 324 yards, no TD's, and one horrific attempt at a block, against a team he has a career record now of 29-3.

Just sad.