1st Round - 27th pick Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks 6ft 240 4.54 forty 33/78 length arms MLB . This is a really good player LB was a huge need imo I love the pick.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Patrick Queen is more athletic than Brooks.

Did y’all see Queen play? He drops back into coverage and LSU makes linebackers!

Smh at Pete Carroll and Schneider.

Reach.

Brooks was a second/third round player.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I love it when folks get butthurt when their pet picks don’t get picked.
It will be funnier the next 2 days.
It’s great entertainment.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Guessing the lack of DT/s/DEs coming off the board meant they can wait. I like the pick. We need a replacement for Wright.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Crizilla":308dwgx2 said:
I'm liking this pick. Most people had Brooks a 2nd/3rd rounder but Pete and John see more stuff than the average analyst.

"Texas Tech head coach Matt Wells called Jordyn Brooks the "next Bobby Wagner" which he would know since he coached Wagner at Utah State"
Doesn’t matter if he’s the “next” BobbyWagner according to that coach when Brooks will play outside linebacker anyways.

getnasty

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":adtdh5fa said:
Jordyn Brooks 6ft 240 4.54 forty 33/78 length arms MLB . This is a really good player LB was a huge need imo I love the pick.

LB was about as big of a need the QB. Might be a fine player but 4-3 outside linebacker just is never a big need.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":31g0nv35 said:
Guessing the lack of DT/s/DEs coming off the board meant they can wait. I like the pick. We need a replacement for Wright.
Yep.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Not what I would have done. Brooks vs. Queen will be the comparison to watch over the next few years for those who want a measuring stick for our draft process.

I'm sure we'll all learn a lot more about Brooks in the next day or two, but this is likely KJ's last run and there's also an out in Wagner's contract after this season. They could have decided that LB speed is an area they need to improve for 2021 and that this season will be something of a redshirt year for rookies anyway.

bigskydoc

Reaction score

BullHawk33

Reaction score
It was weird to watch the trades happen right before the Seahawks picks. It is almost like those teams knew they could get value from teams trying to jump the Seahawks as they were likely to move their pick. Sometimes being predictable hurts you.

That said, I am really happy about getting a linebacker. I just hope he plays like a 1st rounder, not a 4th rounder.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Also, the free agent market for Clowney and Ngkoue just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. Makes this pick more understandable.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Crizilla":2byuak7q said:
I'm liking this pick. Most people had Brooks a 2nd/3rd rounder but Pete and John see more stuff than the average analyst.

"Texas Tech head coach Matt Wells called Jordyn Brooks the "next Bobby Wagner" which he would know since he coached Wagner at Utah State"

if you can get him in the 2nd,,, why not get him in the 2nd then? Get that big ok or a edge,they will be gone in the 2nd and Brooks will still be there.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Cant remember being this disappointed in a while. Either they are cutting KJ, Barton sucks more than we could see. Not sure this guy will be an impact player in 2020 also I will compare to Queen forever.

chet380

Reaction score
Weaknesses --
*Failed to rise to the occasion against Oklahoma
*Gassed in late second quarter by Sooners' pace
*Loses his run fit at times when working around blocks
*Needs to attack blocks aggressively to constrict run lanes
*Finds himself blocked at times despite good reads
*Needs to school up hands as pre-emptive weapons
*Gets lost in space in zone drops
*Lacks fluidity when asked to cover

A first round pick? ... WTF!!

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks always overreact to their failings in the draft the previous year. They reached for need last yr, with their first pick. So they made sure to not do that this year.

They would look awfully dumb if they took another DE, with their first pick, and he failed spectacularly. So I get it.

But LBer? The Seahawks have over invested in the position in terms of Draft picks, and Cap dollars, so something will give here in the not too distant future.

On the positive, the Seahawks will be young, fast, and cost effective at the position in about 18 months.

This upcoming season is looking like a repeat of the last 6 seasons, though. A mediocre team that struggles through 3 quarters of a football game, and then the QB is finally allowed to play his game, pulls them out of the fire, to go 9-7, 10-6. Early playoff exit.

Pete knows he has the 9ers in his division, so, maybe he will be more aggressive earlier in games. Knowing that he needs to win 12 of them if he wants the division.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3tn6usyo said:
Patrick Queen is more athletic than Brooks.

Did y’all see Queen play? He drops back into coverage and LSU makes linebackers!

Smh at Pete Carroll and Schneider.

Reach.

Brooks was a second/third round player.

Queen is 6ft 229 Brooks is 6ft 240 . Queen played at LSU he had better talent around him making him look good he was a one year starter . Queen has shorter arms when you really break it down Brooks checks more boxes.