1st Round - 27th pick Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

bandiger

Reaction score
Wenhawk":32hcgjwv said:
Can remember being this disappointed in a while. Either they are cutting KJ, Barton sucks more than we could see. Not sure this guy will be an impact player in 2020 also I will compare to Queen forever.

I don't understand at all. Baltimore just got another quality player. I wish they would have just traded the first round pick its obvious they can't draft well with late first round picks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bandiger":j9fbahbb said:
Wenhawk":j9fbahbb said:
Can remember being this disappointed in a while. Either they are cutting KJ, Barton sucks more than we could see. Not sure this guy will be an impact player in 2020 also I will compare to Queen forever.

I don't understand at all. Baltimore just got another quality player. I wish they would have just traded the first round pick its obvious they can't draft well with late first round picks.

Good chance they tried.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LB absolutely falls off a cliff after him and Queen. Gay is there, but he's a major character red flag who broke his own QB's jaw and got busted for academic fraud.

I am confident Brooks would have been picked by Cincy at 33, I really don't buy everyone saying that he was going to be there in the second round and he would have been LONG gone by the third as people are saying in the draft forum.

Brooks is fast and he lives in the backfield. He's a TFL machine who can go sideline to sideline and he has great upside as a blitzer.

I give it a solid B.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":37ddiq8f said:
TheLegendOfBoom":37ddiq8f said:
Patrick Queen is more athletic than Brooks.

Did y’all see Queen play? He drops back into coverage and LSU makes linebackers!

Smh at Pete Carroll and Schneider.

Reach.

Brooks was a second/third round player.

Queen is 6ft 229 Brooks is 6ft 240 . Queen played at LSU he had better talent around him making him look good he was a one year starter . Queen has shorter arms when you really break it down Brooks checks more boxes.

Brooks can run. He can hit. He wraps up tackles as well as anyone in the class. He shoots into the backfield and is as good of a downfield defender as you'll find in this draft.

His stock was rising and he had buzz as a first rounder, or early second rounder.

I'll keep saying it - I'm confident he was the pick at 33 for Cincy. He's legit.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
getnasty":tnxpte5i said:
Northwest Seahawk":tnxpte5i said:
Jordyn Brooks 6ft 240 4.54 forty 33/78 length arms MLB . This is a really good player LB was a huge need imo I love the pick.

LB was about as big of a need the QB. Might be a fine player but 4-3 outside linebacker just is never a big need.

If you don't think LB was a need than you need some serious glasses my friend. I mean he was the best LB in the Big 12 what the hell ae you people smoking .

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Damn, so many hasty reactions to this pick. True, Brooks isn't a huge name. I had no idea who the hell he was until Goodell said his name. At the very least, I just hope he produces like a late first round pick. There's a few things that I can't help but mention here.

1. Look at the college production for Brooks vs. Queen.

2. I'm gonna say it. Wagner might be a shell. He sure was last year, and it's even worse with his albatross of a contract. Like someone mentioned earlier here, Seattle has an out coming up with his contract. How can we know if this was a factor in the Brooks pick. Just a thought. Yes, Wagner has been a great Seahawk. But when your production doesn't match your contract things change quickly.

getnasty

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":kabk719w said:
getnasty":kabk719w said:
Northwest Seahawk":kabk719w said:
Jordyn Brooks 6ft 240 4.54 forty 33/78 length arms MLB . This is a really good player LB was a huge need imo I love the pick.

LB was about as big of a need the QB. Might be a fine player but 4-3 outside linebacker just is never a big need.

If you don't think LB was a need than you need some serious glasses my friend.

Right after Center, Guard, Tackle, Saftey, WR, DE, DT and CB.

Sorry forgot TE and RB

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
At the very least they seem very close. Was BWagz mentioned in the same arena as Luke Kuechly in 2012?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
getnasty":8rxf1pes said:
Northwest Seahawk":8rxf1pes said:
getnasty":8rxf1pes said:
Northwest Seahawk":8rxf1pes said:

We'll have to agree to disagree bro they got a great player for a defense that was putrid. We can get a second tier DE in the 2nd round and run on OL hasn't even started. We got a tier one LB.

sutz

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":27ck0qmo said:
At the very least they seem very close. Was BWagz mentioned in the same arena as Luke Kuechly in 2012?
Yes.

kf3339

Reaction score
getnasty":3cbmeu48 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3cbmeu48 said:
getnasty":3cbmeu48 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3cbmeu48 said:

Sorry forgot TE and RB

:ditto:

NJlargent

Reaction score
getnasty":qp0gnccu said:
Northwest Seahawk":qp0gnccu said:
getnasty":qp0gnccu said:
Northwest Seahawk":qp0gnccu said:

Sorry forgot TE and RB

Pass rush and OL were much more glaring needs. Not even close.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xiyw7jz said:
I love it when folks get butthurt when their pet picks don’t get picked.
It will be funnier the next 2 days.
It’s great entertainment.

It would be funnier if any of the early round reaches we’ve picked actually panned out.

Oh look we got Irvin back!