1st Round - 27th pick Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech

chris98251

Reaction score
I see a scheme shift, Brooks is a guy that can sit and read those delayed handoffs in S.F. Arizona and the Rams, shoot the gaps and hit the RB's as they cut back, he can Spy guys like Murray and close quickly, call him a big nickel back on other plays. Eventually he takes over for Bobby, he is not a OUTSIDE LB or a guy you bring in to cover guys.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
getnasty":84c4e6p5 said:
Northwest Seahawk":84c4e6p5 said:
getnasty":84c4e6p5 said:
Northwest Seahawk":84c4e6p5 said:
Jordyn Brooks 6ft 240 4.54 forty 33/78 length arms MLB . This is a really good player LB was a huge need imo I love the pick.

LB was about as big of a need the QB. Might be a fine player but 4-3 outside linebacker just is never a big need.

If you don't think LB was a need than you need some serious glasses my friend.

Right after Center, Guard, Tackle, Saftey, WR, DE, DT and CB.

Sorry forgot TE and RB

Every one of those positions with the exception of DT has been at least somewhat addressed in the offseason or was respectable to begin with - LB hasn't. Wagner and Wright are expected to fall off any day now, Wright was probably cut bait anyway, Alex Barton hasn't shown enough (yet) to be projected as a starter, and Mychal Kendricks is unsigned.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":2wm0bwck said:
getnasty":2wm0bwck said:
Northwest Seahawk":2wm0bwck said:
getnasty":2wm0bwck said:
LB was about as big of a need the QB. Might be a fine player but 4-3 outside linebacker just is never a big need.

If you don't think LB was a need than you need some serious glasses my friend.

Right after Center, Guard, Tackle, Saftey, WR, DE, DT and CB.

Sorry forgot TE and RB

Pass rush and OL were much more glaring needs. Not even close.

Once again I completely disagree were old at LB and it showed . Barton did not play well and BBK is just a guy . We got a physical LB with speed he was the best LB in the Big 12 . That said I've been critical of JS drafting the last few years and there were other options so if your not ready to call out JS then deal with it. We'll see what they do Friday.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This could signify a shift to have Irvin play primarily Leo rather than SAM, and install Brooks at SAM while keeping him pegged as a likely heir at Mike

Personally, I see a lot of what they liked in Irvin as a LB in Brooks - the speed to close on the ballcarrier, the instincts to shoot into the backfield

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I see a lot of people acting as if the draft is dead and talking about other needs

Bro, we have 2 second rounders! Still gonna have our pick(s) of a good tier of talent, with the ammo to move on up to snag someone if needed

andyh64000

Reaction score
He kind of reminds me of Ken Norton Jr...highly athletic ILB.

Jville

Reaction score
Jordyn Brooks speaks to the media for the first time as a Seahawk >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1OyKAYpDZPqKb[/urltargetblank]

Fade

Reaction score
Update: The mediots hate it. So that is a good start.

This isn't that bad of pick, and is a total 180 from previous years, where they just lock in on need, and draft whatever scraps are left.

Only 1 backer was off the board if I recall, when they picked, they actually got a real talent here at 27. Had he played at a big program he would've been off the board. I hope most here can recognize that fact.

That being said they need to trim the fat at the position, and get this kid on the field from the jump. KJ and his massive cap hit have to go. Bobby is in the scopes. In 18 months they are going to look very different at LBer.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Just my opinion but people ahead of him will bust. It’s a fact . Someone on the top 10 won’t be in the league in 4 years. That’s how it goes. It’s a super late 1st, they like him. They know more than us too. Plus look at Darius Leonard, was defensive rookie and most hated the pick

endzorn

Reaction score
I’ve finally cracked. I’m so tired of Schneider not finding value with early picks. We are a below average team with a superstar QB. Russell Wilson IS the Seahawks now and Schneider has a job based solely on that pick. Lockett, Clark, Carson and Metcalf are the only four players worth a damn since 2012. It’s so frustrating. Even if this kid is good we could have traded back and still had plenty of time to pick him.

We are a wild card team and when we lose our first playoff game I’ll be begging for a new GM.

kf3339

Reaction score
endzorn":1cppqk7v said:
I’ve finally cracked. I’m so tired of Schneider not finding value with early picks. We are a below average team with a superstar QB. Russell Wilson IS the Seahawks now and Schneider has a job based solely on that pick. Lockett, Clark, Carson and Metcalf are the only four players worth a damn since 2012. It’s so frustrating. Even if this kid is good we could have traded back and still had plenty of time to pick him.

We are a wild card team and when we lose our first playoff game I’ll be begging for a new GM.

It's not just the GM that may need to go.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kf3339":1xm3li8d said:
endzorn":1xm3li8d said:

No, it's true. It sounds like many fans will jump ship, too. That may work, too. :p

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":y9zel8e2 said:
kf3339":y9zel8e2 said:
endzorn":y9zel8e2 said:

No, it's true. It sounds like many fans will jump ship, too. That may work, too. :p

I can't wait. Maybe it'll clear the negative stench from here.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3slmsvpu said:
Ad Hawk":3slmsvpu said:

I can't wait. Maybe it'll clear the negative stench from here.

No doubt, Kiwi, no doubt.

Go Hawks!