2014 Summer Transfer Window

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":28wlf0ft said:
Uncle Si":28wlf0ft said:
I believe Suarez is going... It will either be a massive massive sum or a massive sum + Sanchez

Rumours are derived to get clicks. No one knows nothing at this point

No deal has been agreed...that I can tell you

Why do I get the feelin that everyone just skips over the part where I say "if it's true". Besides, all rumors are based on some fact, regardless of whether or not they come to fruition.

Don't start moaning

And no, 99% of all rumours are conjured up for hype alone and have no basis of fact. They are contrived to get people clicking on their sites. Nothing more and no accountability when wrong. In truth its certain that no one knows anything until the clubs give away info.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":e1bl33i2 said:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/04/liverpool-step-up-interest-in-seattle-sounders-defender-deandre-yedlin-4787470/

So hows that song of yours go.....?

Love that... Would be interesting to hear how he'd do in trials.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ze4573f5 said:
Smurf":ze4573f5 said:
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/04/liverpool-step-up-interest-in-seattle-sounders-defender-deandre-yedlin-4787470/

So hows that song of yours go.....?

Love that... Would be interesting to hear how he'd do in trials.

Not sure when he'd be able to go on Trial...would certainly mean missing a stretch of time in MLS would it not?

Article clearly says Summer...but I wouldn't be surprised if this was poised to take place in the Winter window.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":39pu23ao said:
http://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders-trades-transfers-rumors/2014/7/5/5872989/deandre-yedlin-liverpool-trial

But... but... There had to be SOME truth in it?

Anyways, Yedlin will be in Europe by the time the Winter rolls around. Whether that's a full transfer or short loan its going to happen.

Smurf

Reaction score
Yedlin sold to AS Roma in Serie A. On loan with sounders through 2014. No reported cost yet.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smurf":2r4fqwl9 said:
Yedlin sold to AS Roma in Serie A. On loan with sounders through 2014. No reported cost yet.

Do you have confirmation? Yedlin camp is saying, as of Friday, they knew nothing about a transfer taking place.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Whelp, it appears as if Alexis Sanchez will be in the EPL next season, and he will be in a red kit... but, according to multiple outlets, that kit has white sleeves. 34 million pounds is the rumored amount that Arsenal and Barcelona have agreed to.

Nog

Reaction score
Smurf":12sftib3 said:
Numerous reports. $10 million is the amount.
$10 million? Huh? :shock:

It is way too much for an unproven player. I've heard that Roma just made an offer of 2M€ which is equivalent to $3M.

Smurf

Reaction score
Nog":1gl50sz8 said:
Smurf":1gl50sz8 said:

It is way too much for an unproven player. I've heard that Roma just made an offer of 2M€ which is equivalent to $3M.

Will be well over $3m...

Andy Najar transfered out of MLS for $3M, and Yedlin is 4 times the player Najar is.

$10M seems high, but within the realm of possibility.

Nog

Reaction score
Smurf":lrx8yzaj said:
Nog":lrx8yzaj said:
Smurf":lrx8yzaj said:

Will be well over $3m...

Andy Najar transfered out of MLS for $3M, and Yedlin is 4 times the player Najar is.

$10M seems high, but within the realm of possibility.
Don't forget that a winger is more valuable than a defender. For instance, my club Marseille overpaid a spanish player few years ago named Azpilicueta for over 8M€ (otherwise, I don't think we woulda win this bid). Later on, we had to sell him because of our financial situation. We could only sell him 7,5M€ to Chelsea, and he happened to become starter in the Spanish national team.

Nog

Reaction score
Anyway, BBC announced that Lille and Liverpool have just made an agreement for Origi. Liverpool apparently purchased Origi for 12.5M€, and will loan the player for this upcoming year.

I mean... Seriously???? 12.5M€ for Origi????

:187734: :lol:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I get what youre saying but prices in players mean little in reality. Its the valuation set by the club against what others are willing to pay for a player. No one has "overpaid" for a player until that player has not worked out. The rest is simply gnashing on like its a video game.

Price I heard for Origi is 6 not 12.5. And who would care either way. Is Suarez worth 90? In your example Az is currently worth far more than 8 (probably closer to 18-20) which makes the positional valuation less important tgan his development plus the sudden surge on "wingbacks". Luke Shaw just went for 30...and he's 19 years old. United had to pay it and did. Was a good buy.

Liverpool want him. So they are paying what's needed. Lukakus probably worth 25 at this point and Origi was preferred over him by Belgium. There's something there. My only concern is loaning him back as we are desperately thin at striker (unless the plan is to buy someone else or keep Borini and Aspas). Anyways I like what saw if Origi.

This isn't the NFL with salary caps and all. FFP hasn't quite sunk in yet so outside of a teams own budget there's little holding them back

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":255bu1fq said:
Gate, all of the Sanchez stuff that's flying around at the minute is just pure rumor and speculation. Sanchez has said he's not keen on England, so we'll see what happens. I reckon Chelsea will probably swoop in at the last and snatch him up, to be honest. Him and Costa would be devastating up front together, and Chelsea needs strikers.

Of course it's all rumors and speculation, but it's tough to ignore them when seemingly every media outlet is reporting the same thing. In my mind this won't be overwith until the 10th, when Arsenal and Puma reveal the new kit, at the earliest. I saw someone make the joke that Sanchez would be part of the kit reveal and that would be an interesting way to confirm a signing if they actually did it.

I really doubt Chelsea will come in and swipe Sanchez's signature, because that would literally be last second, and I don't see that happening out of thin air. It would prove my theory though, that Chelsea only signs some players so other teams can't do so and can't attempt to improve their squad as a result. I don't even think Chelsea actually need someone like Sanchez.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":246an5si said:
peachesenregalia":246an5si said:
Gate, all of the Sanchez stuff that's flying around at the minute is just pure rumor and speculation. Sanchez has said he's not keen on England, so we'll see what happens. I reckon Chelsea will probably swoop in at the last and snatch him up, to be honest. Him and Costa would be devastating up front together, and Chelsea needs strikers.

Of course it's all rumors and speculation, but it's tough to ignore them when seemingly every media outlet is reporting the same thing. In my mind this won't be overwith until the 10th, when Arsenal and Puma reveal the new kit, at the earliest. I saw someone make the joke that Sanchez would be part of the kit reveal and that would be an interesting way to confirm a signing if they actually did it.

I really doubt Chelsea will come in and swipe Sanchez's signature, because that would literally be last second, and I don't see that happening out of thin air. It would prove my theory though, that Chelsea only signs some players so other teams can't do so and can't attempt to improve their squad as a result. I don't even think Chelsea actually need someone like Sanchez.

Here's my point though, and follow me a bit..

Most of this stuff, and I mean nearly 99%, is purely fabricated.

Let's take a look at a typical rumour...

Find a club (Liverpool). What does that club need (attacker). find an attacker (Sanchez) and come up with a reason he could leave (Messi hates him...or in the case of most United targets, Van Gaal coached them, etc. etc.)

@LFCITK.. been told Liverpool keen on Barca wantaway Sanchez.

Now, find a competing club with similar attributes (Arsenal, Tottenham). Do either need similar player (Arsenal). restart rumour

@AFCITK... Sanchez tipped for shock Arsenal swoop. Been told he prefers to London life.

is this not how all this went down? you can follow the same for nearly all of these rumours (nearly). Now, Sanchez may end up at Arsenal (how dow we know he "he prefers London life?" who is talking to him? hell, i read someone tweet his wife is a big shopper so it had to be London. Christ on a bike) he may end of at Liverpool. He may go to Juventus (look, lets do this one too, @JuveITK... been told Sanchez has heart set on joining Chile teammates at Juve. Juve keen, barca await bid)

Its all made up. As far as anyone knows, Sanchez is still a part of Barca's plans. They seem ready to sell, but we've heard nothing from them, or him, just people who've "been told". Regardless of the media outlets this isnt the journalism of days long ago. Think 1000 Jay Glazers with foreign accents and no accountability. Even the BBC need clicks.

Lets look at the done deals so far: Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana: both clubs made official bids. thats when the news came out. Lambert's signing came from nowhere. Emre Can? Noone had even heard of him, next thing you know he's agreeing personal terms. Liverpool are close to signing Origi and Markovich? Where the hell did they come from? Its been Sanchez 24/7.

When its real, we really have no access to inside info. Media dont know f--- all until the club tells them. Its all fun, and great times putting rosters together of potential targets, bit not worth taking seriously.

Sanchez may end up at Arsenal. He may go to Liverpool or Juventus or hell he may just stay at Barca. What we do know is this... not a thing.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3so5vigh said:
I get what youre saying but prices in players mean little in reality. Its the valuation set by the club against what others are willing to pay for a player. No one has "overpaid" for a player until that player has not worked out. The rest is simply gnashing on like its a video game.

Price I heard for Origi is 6 not 12.5. And who would care either way. Is Suarez worth 90? In your example Az is currently worth far more than 8 (probably closer to 18-20) which makes the positional valuation less important tgan his development plus the sudden surge on "wingbacks". Luke Shaw just went for 30...and he's 19 years old. United had to pay it and did. Was a good buy.

Liverpool want him. So they are paying what's needed. Lukakus probably worth 25 at this point and Origi was preferred over him by Belgium. There's something there. My only concern is loaning him back as we are desperately thin at striker (unless the plan is to buy someone else or keep Borini and Aspas). Anyways I like what saw if Origi.

This isn't the NFL with salary caps and all. FFP hasn't quite sunk in yet so outside of a teams own budget there's little holding them back
It seriously depends upon whether you got money to spend or not. Clubs like Marseille don't have a margin to make errors concerning transfers. For instance, we have already spent all of our money into 2 players: Alessandrini and Batshuayi. Consequently, we can't really afford to overpay players.

Plus, clubs have criteria to estimate players' value such as age, contract (how long remaining), position, demand, image... Suarez is worth 90M€ because he is considered like a top players, plus he is a striker; therefore, he is even more valuable. Now, if you wanna get a good striker (even though he is unproven in Europe yet) you got to spend at least 20M€. I still remembered that Marseille tried to recruit Leandro Damiao. His club, International SC, demanded 20M€.

Furthermore, Shaw and Azpi are proven players now, and they are youngsters. I was comparing to Yedlin who hasn't done anything YET (hopefully, he will perform) in Europe. I guess his performance during this World Cup has alerted some clubs which explain his recent transfer (plus the fact that Roma and Liverpool have americans owners help).

In the case of Origi, I was listening a french radio station a hour ago, and they explicitly mentioned that Origi was transferred for 14M€... And all of the journalist, who happened to be former players for some of them, were stunned. Hopefully, he will prove me wrong, but I haven't seen anything special from him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So Now what you're saying is 10 million to one club looks like 20 million to another?

Pretty much world football as we know it.

AZ and Shaw are not proven. Exciting and high ceiling but not proven. Their worth is based on a valuation of what they could do over 5 years not one. Same with Origi... Bigger clubs can take those risks. Smaller ones need to be much more shrewd and smart (and lucky)...and then 5-6 clubs can spend 20 mill on backips

Nog

Reaction score
When I'm saying that Shaw and Azpi are proven I meant they regularly played in their clubs. In fact, the risk is less important since clubs have a better sense/judgement of their levels. Besides, most of the clubs are reticent to transfer from other continents because they fear a time's adaptation. Neymar, for instance, hasn't played so well with Barcelona, yet he is a fantastic player. I don't think he adapts to the rigorist tactical scheme in Europe.

Now, speaking of Origi, I just don't see anything special. I might be wrong, and honestly I don't watch all of Lille's game... Yeah last season, Lille's game was like watching an episode of Jersey Shore. You don't know how to react: either you wanna sleep or you wanna throw up.

Plus, it is well known that Lille must sell players because they have debts, so Liverpool could have used this fact as a leverage. However, the sudden interest of Dortmund might have created this overbid.