2014 Summer Transfer Window

uk seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1knyzc14 said:
uk seahawk":1knyzc14 said:
as a gooner im gutted

we should have bought a centercaback ,a left back ( giibs always injured and monreal is shit) a holding midfielder and a descent striker..hope welback does well but not holding my breath.another panic buy by wenger.
on wenger i can not beleve he was in rome on transfer deadline day refereeing a charity match..i mean wtf
when that came up why didnt he relise what day it was being played ??? unless he had no plans to buy anyone.

after watching us play leicester i have no hope for this season..wenger has lost le plot

in wenger we rust

rant over

Eagerly awaiting Gate's rebuttal to this. I agree with everything here, Arsenal looked completely toothless against Leicester - and that's a game you should be winning comfortably as a top-4 team.

we was tootless..once we passed the halfway line we lacked confidence and devoid of ideas..in defence we still play zonal marking at set pieces..i also agree with you..if we want to be a top team we must win these games..and i still can not beleve wenger was in rome playing a referee..would pete carroll be doing the same on nfl draft day..no he wont.
all other managers shop at macy or neiman marcus..wenger goes to the doller store and hope he can find a gem.
and consider this..we pay for the most expencive tickets in the epl and wenger is on 8 million a year.
the fans deserve better

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2k046ie2 said:
I want to transfer all games on the Hawks schedule to automatic wins.
Are you willing to pay wages and agent fees though?

uk seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2srw5nwf said:
uk seahawk":2srw5nwf said:
peachesenregalia":2srw5nwf said:
uk seahawk":2srw5nwf said:
as a gooner im gutted

we should have bought a centercaback ,a left back ( giibs always injured and monreal is shit) a holding midfielder and a descent striker..hope welback does well but not holding my breath.another panic buy by wenger.
on wenger i can not beleve he was in rome on transfer deadline day refereeing a charity match..i mean wtf
when that came up why didnt he relise what day it was being played ??? unless he had no plans to buy anyone.

after watching us play leicester i have no hope for this season..wenger has lost le plot

in wenger we rust

rant over

Eagerly awaiting Gate's rebuttal to this. I agree with everything here, Arsenal looked completely toothless against Leicester - and that's a game you should be winning comfortably as a top-4 team.

we was tootless..once we passed the halfway line we lacked confidence and devoid of ideas..in defence we still play zonal marking at set pieces..i also agree with you..if we want to be a top team we must win these games..and i still can not beleve wenger was in rome playing a referee..would pete carroll be doing the same on nfl draft day..no he wont.
all other managers shop at macy or neiman marcus..wenger goes to the doller store and hope he can find a gem.
and consider this..we pay for the most expencive tickets in the epl and wenger is on 8 million a year.
the fans deserve better

Well, last season, I said if Wenger doesn't win a trophy, he's out. Well, they won the FA cup, and that's still a pretty significant piece of silverware. Is it enough to satisfy the fans into another few years of finishing 4th and not winning trophies?

no..the fa cup is ok..but as wigan showed with a bit of luck anyone can win it..even tottenham

the fa cup is ocer 6 games but a season is over ten months..and we dont want forth..thats failure..we are bigger club than that..we havnt replaced van persie..yet looks like man united have replaced him before arsenal

Nog

Reaction score
MB12":2mlbxo7b said:
I am still seething over Newcastle's deadline day.

While the departure of Hatem Ben Arfa was inevitable due to him reportedly squaring up to Pardew, not losing weight and also not tracking back, I am very disappointed that we did not get any money for him. (His contract expires next year). I genuinely hope he thrives at Hull, and proves Pardew wrong for letting him go. Ben Arfa is a Champions League caliber player when fit.

We failed to bring in another striker, which was stupid, but even more stupid was the lack of a center-back arrival. I appreciate that we could still loan a player in, but center-back is the weakest area of the team. Colo looks well past his best.

So, imagine my anger when it was announced that despite managing to secure a replacement Yanga-Mbiwa had signed on loan with Roma. This leaves us with 3 CBs in the entire squad, and one of these center-backs is a terrible excuse for a footballer--Steven Taylor.

To make matters worse, Yanga-Mbiwa is available to Roma for 6million euros. We paid £8.5million for this Ligue 1 winner, who won the French title while captaining Montpellier. This is a player who was forced to play rb instead of his natural cb position for nearly every game he appeared for us.

Still, it isn't a bad thing for MYM. He goes from playing next to Massadio Haidara in a mediocre Premier league team to playing next to Ashley Cole in the Champions League. Awful business from Newcastle, and Obertan and Saylor still remain.
Obertan? :mrgreen: :lol:

Why do you guys invest that much in french players? That's a serious question!

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":208arfhk said:
Largent80":208arfhk said:

No, but I am willing to sell Yedlin. As long as he orders fries animal style.... :lol:

Just joshin with you guys. You know I can't stand soccer, but I like you guys.

Smurf

Reaction score
Largent80":2wsz0833 said:
Uncle Si":2wsz0833 said:
Largent80":2wsz0833 said:

No, but I am willing to sell Yedlin. As long as he orders fries animal style.... :lol:

Just joshin with you guys. You know I can't stand soccer, but I like you guys.

Yedlin's already been sold. Also, he's not yours to sell.

Also, I want a cheeseburger now.