2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see that Dyson 1B/Z 2 run HR make a comeback. Don't think we've seen that since Jun.

:2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Has Alfanso had a hit yet?
Velencia is gotta be wondering WTF.

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":20tgw19o said:
Has Alfanso had a hit yet?
Velencia is gotta be wondering WTF.
I think he got one against KC IIRC. :34853_doh:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
M's just hate hurdles.. the hurdle to get over .500
now it's the hurdle to contend for a wild card.
F we suck.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
How do you let Moore stay in there after loading the bases. And then let him give up 3 more hits before pulling him? My god.

irocdave

Reaction score
Frigging M's. Paxton now out out for 6 weeks. JFC, what did the M's do to piss off the baseball gods? This season was such a tease. I think ownership, the GM and coach are solid now, but JFC, the injuries to the starting pitchers staff is historic.

Paxton going down is the last nail in this years coffin. And that sucks, this team has the talent in all phases except starting pitching to compete.

Maulbert

Reaction score
giphy.webp

Crizilla

Reaction score
ya i just don't get putting Moore in there...

im going to the game tomorrow....hopefully they win

Smellyman

Reaction score
Crizilla":10ikxqne said:
ya i just don't get putting Moore in there...

im going to the game tomorrow....hopefully they win

and then leaving him there.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
WTF even having Moore in the game at all as a setup man? A close, important game and Servais leaves him out there and watches our lead go down the shitter. Servais just does not handle his pen correctly at all-from overusing Vincent last year to bizarre moves like this.

And until Alonso learns to hit at Safeco, (he's IIRC now under .200 lifetime) leave Valencia in the lineup. Valencia's defense is night and day better than Alonso as well. And I've said it before but again, just keep Heredia in the lineup over Martin. Martin had a nice homer the other night but hasn't been nearly as consistent as Heredia.

Smellyman

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":24w9z8ag said:
WTF even having Moore in the game at all as a setup man? A close, important game and Servais leaves him out there and watches our lead go down the shitter. Servais just does not handle his pen correctly at all-from overusing Vincent last year to bizarre moves like this.

And until Alonso learns to hit at Safeco, (he's IIRC now under .200 lifetime) leave Valencia in the lineup. Valencia's defense is night and day better than Alonso as well. And I've said it before but again, just keep Heredia in the lineup over Martin. Martin had a nice homer the other night but hasn't been nearly as consistent as Heredia.

Servais lost me when he put the shift on for the slapper Aoki, who played for him! Of course he slapped one into right the beat the Mariners early this season. It is hard to be a bad manager, but Servais manages (ha) to do it.

Agree with Heredia, he just does everything to win. Valencia/Alonso? Alonso is having an outlier year and even then it is not great. Valencia is the better baseball player. That is on Dipoto though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
C'mon Manny

Can't anybody be smart out there?

Send Alonzo? He's running with a piano on his back.