Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
BigBill1945":qw773usb said:
I say one to two. Bennett, from all I have read, will be gone. I do not see Cliff or Kam coming back. Sherm will be back because of his surgeries his trade value at this time is less. Of course this could change. The one person I am not sure about is Earl. If we wait to long either to renegotiate his contract he will be out of here and we will get nothing for him. On the other hand he has value now with two years left on his contract. That is going to be a tough call because he is so important to the team.

He has 1 year left on his contract, he's a UFA after the 2018 season.

Eltagi

Reaction score
I've gone for three - Earl, Sherm and either Kam or Bennett (but not both; but I hope it's Kam who stays). I think Cliff's days are numbered despite what is being reported positively about his wellbeing currently.

Atradees

Reaction score
Love the contribution these guys have all made. Reloading is always such a risk. It's time though. Max being back is big. Sherman. .it would be nice to restructure. With bobbie at MLB we have some good peices. Bennetts penalties and spotlight just is getting tired to me. All along the dine we have some peices. Exciting times. Let's draft the next monster at safety....I like turnovers. Let's get back to The Boom.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":3luy5kwc said:
MontanaHawk05":3luy5kwc said:
Sun Tzu":3luy5kwc said:
Earl wants to be in Dallas and Bennett is still blaming teammates and coaches for the play.

I'd say your sentiment is overriding in your evaluation of more than just Cliff. :roll:
Those choices are not sentiment. I coach, and anyone who coaches long enough realizes the value of team unity. Buy in, or lack thereof, is often the reason teams outperform or under-perform expectations.

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." Vince Lombardi

You might coach, but you don't coach the Seahawks. "Letting players be themselves" and empowering their personalities has been a trademark of Pete's regime since he came here. These guys have always been loudmouths. I don't see any reason to think that Pete is suddenly going to change and start trading players now because Earl had an emotional moment without looking around for the cameras first.

As far as group effort, Earl and Sherman are still tops in the league at their positions and everyone knows it. I could always be wrong, but I'm guessing that's the only group effort Pete cares about.

If Earl and Sherman leave, I'm guessing it's because they want to get younger/cheaper and have found suitable replacements.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jpnhwlq7 said:
Sun Tzu":jpnhwlq7 said:
MontanaHawk05":jpnhwlq7 said:
Sun Tzu":jpnhwlq7 said:
Earl wants to be in Dallas and Bennett is still blaming teammates and coaches for the play.

I'd say your sentiment is overriding in your evaluation of more than just Cliff. :roll:
Those choices are not sentiment. I coach, and anyone who coaches long enough realizes the value of team unity. Buy in, or lack thereof, is often the reason teams outperform or under-perform expectations.

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." Vince Lombardi

You might coach, but you don't coach the Seahawks. "Letting players be themselves" and empowering their personalities has been a trademark of Pete's regime since he came here. These guys have always been loudmouths. I don't see any reason to think that Pete is suddenly going to change and start trading players now because Earl had an emotional moment without looking around for the cameras first.

As far as group effort, Earl and Sherman are still tops in the league at their positions and everyone knows it. I could always be wrong, but I'm guessing that's the only group effort Pete cares about.

If Earl and Sherman leave, I'm guessing it's because they want to get younger/cheaper and have found suitable replacements.
Was not aware that this was a debate. OP asked for opinions, I stated my opinion and my reasoning for my opinion. You have yours and I respect it. It is clear from your many posts throughout various threads that you have an emotional attachment to certain players. Is it possible that your sentiment is overriding you judgement regarding keeping, cutting, or trading these players?
Yes, Pete has always let players be themselves; however, he has also always preached buying into the system, and doing things based on his philosophy. I doubt letting players be themselves extends to letting players subvert team objectives and processes.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":2jws7bc1 said:
MontanaHawk05":2jws7bc1 said:
MontanaHawk05":2jws7bc1 said:

Was not aware that this was a debate. OP asked for opinions, I stated my opinion and my reasoning for my opinion. You have yours and I respect it. It is clear from your many posts throughout various threads that you have an emotional attachment to certain players. Is it possible that your sentiment is overriding you judgement regarding keeping, cutting, or trading these players?

It's possible. But I'm not. I'm simply wondering why so many people have forgotten that there's likely to be an uncomfortable dropoff in quality from Earl and Sherman towards the next guys down. Cutting players is the cause du jour for fans these days and nobody seems to remember that you actually have to field a talented team in the process.

Yes, Pete has always let players be themselves; however, he has also always preached buying into the system, and doing things based on his philosophy. I doubt letting players be themselves extends to letting players subvert team objectives and processes.

Again, you're arguing with history here. These guys have been popping off for years and Pete's never gotten more concerned than to float Richard Sherman for exorbitant prices. Why would he suddenly start now?

chris98251

Reaction score
When your winning there is more latitude, we didn't make the playoffs and by the hatchet falling all over right now in the staff, players that are a distraction bitching or challenging the coaches are not going to be part of the rebuild.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37tpctng said:
Sun Tzu":37tpctng said:
MontanaHawk05":37tpctng said:

It's possible. But I'm not. I'm simply wondering why so many people have forgotten that there's likely to be an uncomfortable dropoff in quality from Earl and Sherman towards the next guys down. Cutting players is the cause du jour for fans these days and nobody seems to remember that you actually have to field a talented team in the process.

Again, you're arguing with history here. These guys have been popping off for years and Pete's never gotten more concerned than to float Richard Sherman for exorbitant prices. Why would he suddenly start now?
I didn't say they haven't been popping-off; I said there is a difference between popping-off and undermining the team.
(1) Pete has always encouraged guys to be themselves. (2) Pete has always preached that the team has a system or formula and he stands behind this formula. What happens when certain guys being themselves comes into conflict with buying into the formula? Therein lies the dilemma. Which of Pete's philosophies wins out then?
In addition to letting players be themselves, Pete has also made very few coaching changes from year to year, and stands by his assistant coaches. If someone had said Pete was going to let Bevell, Cable, and Richard go right after the season ended, would you have said they were arguing with history?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My money is on 2. Sherman and Thomas are the only returning tenured members from that list.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
One thing they try never to do is to let a bunch of dead money go without getting all they can so I could see Kam staying if he can play and sherm may get the most return via trade and they probably make a hard decision on earl one way or another
Avril has always toed the line and been a good locker room presence so his condition may be the deciding factor and that leaves Bennett
I think they dodged a possible meltdown last year and he is still good but not dominant and I get the feeling they want dominant and a little more cap and or draft pics so I would think he goes
Schneider makes good use of the cap and if what happened with the coaching staff is a sign that pete wants to return to always compete and if you don't put team first then this type of change will happen with the players as well so I'm excited and can't wait to see what happens in another 7 freakin long ass months away from now
Here's to another great season with a hungry team just like the good old days
Go Hawks

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

olyfan63

Reaction score
I voted 3. Sherm and Earl stay. Sherman will come in all mended up, in great shape, and with as much focus and purpose, if not more. The dropoff from Earl to next man up is too great. (Draft priority?)

Between Kam, Bennett, and Cliff, I think Bennett is gone, lots of DL rotational talent in the wings, and I can only hope that one of Kam or Cliff will be able to play.