2nd Round pick potentially taken away from Hawks...

London12

Reaction score
Would be completely inconsistent with all the other teams that have done this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":s58l3woo said:
Andrew Luck played with broken ribs for 5 weeks, nothing was reported. Blake Bortles played the 2nd half of the season with a separated shoulder, not reported.
But hey, I guess certain teams and players have their own set of rules. Total BS. :roll:

For the 3rd time, yes if this was our FIRST violation like your two examples the league would just give us a slap on the wrist.

But we're into violation #4, and like Brady getting spanked, the league likes to send a message when you continually break the rules.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ljqphxa said:
Doesn't make it right. Other teams did the same exact thing, they should also be punished then.

Huh? When were the other 3 violations from the Colts?

You're not getting it. Goodell is pretty fair when it comes to these things, if it's an honest mistake then there's no penalty for first timers.

3rd and 4th time? Hammer comes down.

Seymour

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":20ygoxh0 said:
Every Monday and Wednesday of every week Pete devoted a lot of time to injuries, questions about injuries, projected recovery times, ad nauseum, seemed pretty frank at all times about who had what chances to play this week, or later, or much later. Not once did he ever suggest RS might not play the coming game. Given that, how 'significant' could it have been? 'Significant' (maybe comfort-wise) to his psyche, is the way I took it when he defended RS's outbursts once the season was over.

Big effing deal, the NFL should let it go instead of having some loose cannon leaking speculation to click-bait Mortensen or anybody else.

IMO in this case, significant would mean anything less than 100% since we are talking about teams game plans and fans fantasy $$ that both can be effected by players not up to full potential. Also, read the rule above as it is not bound by the player playing or even practicing.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seymour":1izv0ng2 said:
LeftHandSmoke":1izv0ng2 said:
Every Monday and Wednesday of every week Pete devoted a lot of time to injuries, questions about injuries, projected recovery times, ad nauseum, seemed pretty frank at all times about who had what chances to play this week, or later, or much later. Not once did he ever suggest RS might not play the coming game. Given that, how 'significant' could it have been? 'Significant' (maybe comfort-wise) to his psyche, is the way I took it when he defended RS's outbursts once the season was over.

Big effing deal, the NFL should let it go instead of having some loose cannon leaking speculation to click-bait Mortensen or anybody else.

IMO in this case, significant would mean anything less than 100% since we are talking about teams game plans and fans fantasy $$ that both can be effected by players not up to full potential. Also, read the rule above as it is not bound by the player playing or even practicing.
The part of the rule about '*especially a player the media likes to talk about*' (something like that, at its finish) illustrates just how completely stupid the whole rule is. Almost as if it is there mainly to provide sh*t talk chatter-bait for talking heads, so that they have something to endlessly yak about.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If the NFL decides his injury is 'significant' then: should the NFL allow him to play in the Pro Bowl?

Or if they decide it, should he say 'Okay, FU, I will not show up and play!' ?

flmmkrz

Reaction score
our unprecedented run of good luck continues. Nobody managed to steal away Bevell, Richard or Cable and on the way to losing a 2nd rd pick. We got the league right where we want them

dutchman063

Reaction score
Only people that really care about injury reports is Vegas.. and they are pretty salty right from the HUGE losses they have been taking so far on this years playoffs.. so im sure they are all over the NFL for this

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect this is sensationalism created by the press. There are several precedents that suport the step the team took and those precedents have involved high profile players.

I will wait and watch of course but somehow I doubt the team will lose both a 5th and a 2nd round pick this draft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
dutchman063":1a7k57wa said:
Only people that really care about injury reports is Vegas.. and they are pretty salty right from the HUGE losses they have been taking so far on this years playoffs.. so im sure they are all over the NFL for this

I'd say the other team's we were playing during Sherman's injury might have been interested to know about it.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2uc4hnc4 said:
our unprecedented run of good luck continues. Nobody managed to steal away Bevell, Richard or Cable and on the way to losing a 2nd rd pick. We got the league right where we want them
The good would have been to make a FG and PAT in the Cards game, get the bye, beat the Falcons at home as badly as we did for 3 Q's the first time, then take revenge against GB - also here.

It came really close to that, the coaches were part of getting us to that big possibility.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":23uhf5dd said:
ludakrishna":23uhf5dd said:
I motherintercourse called it. Pete has only this year to right the sinking ship...Otherwise Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018

You got to be kidding me with that comment?

Hands up who would like to see that a-hole on a Hawk's sideline?

If we didn't have Pete, Harbaugh would be high on my list of candidates. He's a damn good coach, plus we'd get free entertainment like we did with Lou Piniella.

Boycie

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3p6z7xlp said:
Ace_Rimmer":3p6z7xlp said:
ludakrishna":3p6z7xlp said:
I motherintercourse called it. Pete has only this year to right the sinking ship...Otherwise Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018

You got to be kidding me with that comment?

Hands up who would like to see that a-hole on a Hawk's sideline?

If we didn't have Pete, Harbaugh would be high on my list of candidates. He's a damn good coach, plus we'd get free entertainment like we did with Lou Piniella.

It'd be a tough pill to swallow having him here. Kind of like when the Canucks signed Messier back in 97. I hated that guy all throughout my youth, and then he gets signed to the team that I obsessed over. It wasn't good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree, teams not disclosing injures and/or playing thru injuries is obviously pretty common. But if it's Seattle, it's magically some horrible thing. Screw Goddell

ringless

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2v8ywwty said:
Agree to disagree, teams not disclosing injures and/or playing thru injuries is obviously pretty common. But if it's Seattle, it's magically some horrible thing. Screw Goddell

Pete brought this on himself, his wording couldn't have been worse.

What about Atlanta for being docked a 5th round draft pick for a little noise?
What about NE being docked a 1st and 5th for something that wasn't exactly conclusive.
What about when the Bills, Ravens, and Redskins were fined for not disclosing injuries 1st infractions?

So does the league also hate NE, Atlanta, Buffalo, Was, and Bal?

The real issue is Pete's wording was so so so bad. He called it significant, he admitted it slipped past and should've been disclosed, he stated it went on for 8 weeks, and it was stressful for Richard. It is also a 4th infraction.

Im not saying a draft pick, especially a 2nd is justified. A 2nd is a little heavy. But let me ask you this. If this was NE would you, or the majority of this board not be saying they should be docked? I'd bet they would be. Stop blaming the league. Blame Pete.

sondevil89

Reaction score
There simply is not enough information available to speculate on what might, or might not, happen. Being a big fan of PC, I was extremely disappointed at the way he handled this at the press conference. The "Oh, I didn't mention that before?" sounded incredibly disingenuous. Hope it turns out well.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I don't think Pete did anything every other team does. It looks like his mistake was revealing it after the fact. You covered it up all year, why blurt it out now?

Latest posts