3rd and 1 .. And Pete Caroll??

TypeSly

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":11dwinuf said:
TypeSly":11dwinuf said:
Hawkpower":11dwinuf said:
TypeSly":11dwinuf said:
Okay, if the play would have worked... we'd all be singing the Pete C songs. But it didn't. Honestly, if it did, I still think that Pete robs Beastmode of the SB touchdown he deserved. I can imagine any RB being p*ssed even before the call, or result of the call happened.

Its aggressive. Sometimes you die with it. But with Russ, you typically win with it ;)

I used to hate it too, just like you. But I've seen it work too many times to question it anymore.

You know, I have to agree with you making that point lol. I'm not questioning the pass, I'm just questioning why deep? But I'm also a big baby when the Seahawks lose... or even almost lose :mrgreen:
Deep is because they stacked the box against the run so you had an opportunity for a back-breaking play.

But at that point, it was about time management. It was 3rd and 1. Yes, I understand there was the 2 minute warning, and that they still had 3 time outs... but honestly, who goes for 40+ yards, when they need one? C'mon man, we're all relatively knowledgable football fans... are you convincing me, or yourself?

Smellyman

Reaction score
objectively awful call.

Run it don't get, forces NE to use a TO

Run it get, game over.

sc85sis

Reaction score
TypeSly":12dzibx0 said:
KiwiHawk":12dzibx0 said:
TypeSly":12dzibx0 said:
Hawkpower":12dzibx0 said:
Its aggressive. Sometimes you die with it. But with Russ, you typically win with it ;)

I used to hate it too, just like you. But I've seen it work too many times to question it anymore.

You know, I have to agree with you making that point lol. I'm not questioning the pass, I'm just questioning why deep? But I'm also a big baby when the Seahawks lose... or even almost lose :mrgreen:
Deep is because they stacked the box against the run so you had an opportunity for a back-breaking play.

But at that point, it was about time management. It was 3rd and 1. Yes, I understand there was the 2 minute warning, and that they still had 3 time outs... but honestly, who goes for 40+ yards, when they need one? C'mon man, we're all relatively knowledgable football fans... are you convincing me, or yourself?
Here is what I’ve taken away from the post-game interviews:

Russ had a couple options on that third down. He went for the kill shot. It didn’t work because of the pressure. If he’d had even a half second more, I believe they may have nailed it, but he had to rush the throw and overthrew it.

Pete told Bobby a couple of things to look for before that last play (during the time out). Based on that and what he saw, Bobby then told the guys to go right to cut off Cam.

kf3339

Reaction score
nanomoz":1ypib2ll said:
Are we not all well conditioned to the fact that Pete is fairly atrocious at managing games from a time/clock standpoint?

I love Pete, but let's be real. He has been behind a bunch of calls that made me almost barf at the end of halves/games. Thankfully, usually at the end of the first half.

:ditto:

Threedee

Reaction score
TypeSly":17rg478o said:
Hawkpower":17rg478o said:
TypeSly":17rg478o said:
Pete wants another submission in the top-10 of worst calls.

That play has worked quite often historically.

Can think of a few to Baldwin as well as Tyler

I was ok with it.

Okay, if the play would have worked... we'd all be singing the Pete C songs. But it didn't. Honestly, if it did, I still think that Pete robs Beastmode of the SB touchdown he deserved. I can imagine any RB being p*ssed even before the call, or result of the call happened.

Sounds like a trend.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TypeSly":23q05fa8 said:
THE TABS":23q05fa8 said:
Flyingsquad23":23q05fa8 said:
So last year in the playoff win that same play call worked ok, what the F do you want...

Hated the call against Philly, but DK made it work.

Given the situation, it was an absolutely atrocious play call. It’s 3rd and 1, and the objective is to keep the ball and keep the clock running. We cannot put this defense in a situation where they have to win the game for us.

Dodged a bullet tonight. Thankful to be 2-0.

Hear hear!!!

Wait we are talking about plays from a year ago? No wonder we cant progress as a whole football team. People worried about shit that happened last year and cant be changed instead of worry about what we do next and how to benefit from that.

John63

Reaction score
JPatera76":3tgcim0d said:
3rd and 1.. That’s on shotty and Russ

The Win? That’s in Pete His time out calling Wagner over. I have no doubt it was him having them adjust to that side. Cam when he would run, would run to that side all game. Pete probably said hey this side. Go

So yo be clear the good all PC the bad everyone else? Riiiiiight

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Bad snap really ruined that. Russ didn’t have enough time to really get his balance.

For me though, run it down the middle and get a yard. Lucky to get a win... but I’ll take a lucky W than a “tough loss.”

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Pete said in his presser that NoE was his third read on that play, the first two were covered, or not available.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
John63":28xdtsq1 said:
JPatera76":28xdtsq1 said:

The Win? That’s in Pete His time out calling Wagner over. I have no doubt it was him having them adjust to that side. Cam when he would run, would run to that side all game. Pete probably said hey this side. Go

No just a poor play call period. So whatever ding your trying to stir won’t work. So don’t try and spin my post into anything else. It won’t get you far other then my foe list.

John63

Reaction score
JPatera76":26vd0mja said:
John63":26vd0mja said:
JPatera76":26vd0mja said:

No just a poor play call period. So whatever ding your trying to stir won’t work. So don’t try and spin my post into anything else. It won’t get you far other then my foe list.

Your the one that said 3rd and 1 on schotty and Wilson and the win was Pete. Not me. So your the one drawing the line not me. As to your foe list ahh so.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
nanomoz":3tf3r7rq said:
Are we not all well conditioned to the fact that Pete is fairly atrocious at managing games from a time/clock standpoint?

I love Pete, but let's be real. He has been behind a bunch of calls that made me almost barf at the end of halves/games. Thankfully, usually at the end of the first half.

You got to be kidding? Behind a bunch of calls? While he is busy paying attention to flags and calls the patriots attend to with the refs trying to test the boundaries and rules of the game. Football is way beyond you young man. Pay attention. He is trying to use his advantages(timeouts/clock) at the best time and some times it doesnt work out. Nothing you can do because the right call doesnt always work. You wouldnt know this unless you've coached and truly felt what it like to let your team down. Get out of here!!! Atrocious comments should be the focus of this site.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
TypeSly":34pxfzun said:
KiwiHawk":34pxfzun said:
TypeSly":34pxfzun said:
Hawkpower":34pxfzun said:

Another touchdown is also time management - takes longer to get 12 points than 5.

Last week we needed 5 yards on 4th down and we went deep and I didn't hear any of you bitching about it. If you are against this one then you were against that one. Be consistent or admit your bias.

Smellyman

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":t6j2rbpg said:
TypeSly":t6j2rbpg said:
KiwiHawk":t6j2rbpg said:
TypeSly":t6j2rbpg said:

Another touchdown is also time management - takes longer to get 12 points than 5.

Last week we needed 5 yards on 4th down and we went deep and I didn't hear any of you b!@ch about it. If you are against this one then you were against that one. Be consistent or admit your bias.

completely different scenario

D

DomeHawk

Sports Hernia":22te78kl said:
Smellyman":22te78kl said:
objectively awful call.

Run it get, game over.
This.

Yep, ill advised, was shocked when they did it.

Felt like a SB 49 call.

pmedic920

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2zqjuoo9 said:
Sports Hernia":2zqjuoo9 said:
Smellyman":2zqjuoo9 said:
objectively awful call.

Run it get, game over.
This.

Yep, ill advised, was shocked when they did it.

Felt like a SB 49 call.

And I think this is why so many have taken issue with the call.

Brought back arguably our worst memory.

It all worked out though, I didn’t like the call either but it all worked out so I’m over it already.

themunn

Reaction score
I didn't like the call because we'd gained 9 yards on previous 2 rushes, and if you fail to make the yard, at the very least you make the Pats burn another timeout, or eat some more clock.

But we've made it work plenty of times in the past - I think if the snap was cleaner we probably ice the game there, Russ kinda threw it out there because he was under pressure but maybe eating the sack would have been the better idea.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3n30h1a4 said:
Bad snap really ruined that. Russ didn’t have enough time to really get his balance.

For me though, run it down the middle and get a yard. Lucky to get a win... but I’ll take a lucky W than a “tough loss.”

The Pats lined up 9 in the box, a run up the gut was going to fail. But yeah, the bad snap through Russ off. It's a game of inches.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":29q0aiji said:
SonicHawk":29q0aiji said:

The Pats lined up 9 in the box, a run up the gut was going to fail. But yeah, the bad snap through Russ off. It's a game of inches.

At least it wasn't a quick pass to the slot.