49ers fans jump Vikings fan after MNF

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20plp2x9 said:
That security dude deserves a raise. I don't know if he did much good in the situation, but he sure tried. Took guts to jump in there like he did. Personally I would be completely ok with banning alcohol at sporting events and think that would end 90% of these kinds of problems.

That would be the logical solution, however with how much money the NFL makes off of beer sponsorships.. will never happen.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ymu2ltg said:
JSeahawks":1ymu2ltg said:
That security dude deserves a raise. I don't know if he did much good in the situation, but he sure tried. Took guts to jump in there like he did. Personally I would be completely ok with banning alcohol at sporting events and think that would end 90% of these kinds of problems.

That would be the logical solution, however with how much money the NFL makes off of beer sponsorships.. will never happen.

And as we all know, for the NFL, its not about the community around them (they would close up shop and move somewhere else if they lost a single dollar), they are more concerned about that green.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":106olavf said:
That security guy probably saved that guy's life.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Wow that was crazy and not good kicking the guy while down.Did I see the guy get up and walk off at the end?I thought he would have been leaving by ambulance.

netskier

Reaction score
There is no leadership to do something about it. Alas, there is only "exploitership" already working full time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
netskier":omex447c said:
There is no leadership to do something about it. Alas, there is only "exploitership" already working full time.

GTFO.

What the hell are they supposed to do? They have already made the tickets expensive and there is a large police presence. Are they supposed to administer a thug test?

It has become an issue over the past decade but it's actually improved since the move to Levis because the thugs get priced out to a large extent. 4 or 5 idiots (or even 50-100) in a crowd of 70K is impossible to keep out.

I've been to 6 or 7 games at Levi's and I've never witnessed one of these situations. It ain't like there's a fight every 20 feet or so.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
rlkats":2xmoobbv said:
Not justifying anything. I cant paste the article. But.

I guess the Vikings fan pushed a wife of a ninersfan he was talking crap to and when the Niners fan walked away he turned to the crowd and started yelling who else wants some. Thats when the video starts. Sad anyways. They should completely have police and no drinking this can not happen anymore.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/article35381430.html

I find it highly suspicious the Viking fan is conveniently the aggressor only up to the point a camera is turned on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":2pm2r3r4 said:
Are they supposed to administer a thug test?
There are all kinds of jobs you're exempt from obtaining if you have a felony conviction on your record, perhaps disallowing felons into the Santa Clara stadium would actually be a good idea.[/quote]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":3sbeddr3 said:
irocdave":3sbeddr3 said:
Even Eagle's fans are saying WTF is up with niner thug fans. http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/to ... kings-fan/

When videos like this are common place with your fan base team leadership should do something about it.

Suggestions?
How about undercover cops dressed in opponents jerseys, and let it be known that will be the case.
They do it up here, and while I think it's overkill up here, looks like it's time for it down there.

jkitsune

Reaction score
What's crazy to me is that many of my Niners fan friends down here still talk as though Raiders fans are the ones who behave this way, and that Niners fans are generally 'classier.'

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anytime you get 70,000 people together who have been drinking you're going to have a chance of this sort of stuff, gang affiliations or not. Would it shock you to know that something like this happened at a concert in the Gorge? It wouldn't even be news. You are way more likely to get hit by a drunk driver on the way home from an NFL game than you are to get in a fight if you aren't looking for one.

I've attended games in both Candlestick and Levi's and it's perfectly fine as an opposing fan if you aren't actively trying to pick fights with people. If anything, Levi's sucks now because the ticket prices have priced out the enthusiastic fans and now it's a bunch of yuppies who don't stand or make noise. The act in the video sucks but the reaction to it reminds me of the 49er fan who wrote in to complain about attending CenturyLink because she got in a verbal argument with Seahawk fans outside the stadium.

netskier

Reaction score
Marvin,

Perhaps ban the gang colors other than the official team items.

Perhaps ban fighters etc for life with fingerprints, facial photos recorded to make it stick, install facial recognition software for real time identification and entrance denial.

Require ID to buy a ticket to attend games there.

Stop celebrating hate for the other teams and their fans. Phase out your cave man fans. Play commercials derogating and ridiculing cave man fans. Commercials similar to those asserting that smoking cigarettes is so elegant.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":34njidgw said:
Popeyejones":34njidgw said:
Just reposting this explanation/background for this type of stuff at 9ers games from the other 9ers friend where this vid was first posted, if anyone is curious.

It's true that we have know way of knowing if thats the story in this video, but having been to a ton of 9ers games since the below transition happened, well, umm, I have yet to see it NOT be the story...

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.
Still not a good excuse for what happened.

Just as a point of clarification, my post wasn't even remotely intended to be an excuse, it was intended to be an explanation.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rlkats":2tqm98t9 said:
Not justifying anything. I cant paste the article. But.

I guess the Vikings fan pushed a wife of a ninersfan he was talking crap to and when the Niners fan walked away he turned to the crowd and started yelling who else wants some. Thats when the video starts. Sad anyways. They should completely have police and no drinking this can not happen anymore.

Link the article, plz.

Edit: got it. Quoted below.

Seems like the reasonable guess would be alcohol? Also, we only have the account of the guy who posted the video to go on, but it doesn't sound like this Vikes fan was just an innocent who got ambushed (which DOESN'T mean he deserved to get his ass kicked)

The man who posted the video, Brandon Cosio, wrote on his Facebook page that the Vikings fan in the video was exchanging words with another fan outside the stadium. He wrote that the men were "talking smack to each other, getting into each others' faces."

Fans stepped in and separated the men, he wrote.

Cosio, who declined to be interviewed, wrote that the Viking fan shoved his wife into a barrier to try to get to the 49er fan, and at that point the 49er fan walked away.

Cosio said the Vikings fan turned around and challenged people behind him. As the Vikings fan was turning around to walk away, the 49ers fan in the black tackled him to the ground.

That's where the video starts, Cosio wrote.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/articl ... rylink=cpy

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3h3z1gpl said:
Sports Hernia":3h3z1gpl said:
Popeyejones":3h3z1gpl said:
Just reposting this explanation/background for this type of stuff at 9ers games from the other 9ers friend where this vid was first posted, if anyone is curious.

It's true that we have know way of knowing if thats the story in this video, but having been to a ton of 9ers games since the below transition happened, well, umm, I have yet to see it NOT be the story...

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.
Still not a good excuse for what happened.

Just as a point of clarification, my post wasn't even remotely intended to be an excuse, it was intended to be an explanation.
Thanks for the education piece Popeye.
There is obviously no excuse for several guys jumping one man and kicking his head while he crawls into a crowd. Most people know the difference between football fandom and gang affiliation.
Unfortunately some don't because the mentality is similar and now we are seeing more of the behaviors.