49ers fans jump Vikings fan after MNF

HansGruber

Reaction score
As a neurologist, I strongly believe that anyone who strikes someone in the back of the head, while they are on the ground or unconscious, should be charged with attempted murder.

SF49r

Reaction score
I was at that game, there were Vikings fans everywhere most of them were pretty respectable and all I ever saw was just friendly banter between both fan bases. I am very surprised something like this happened that night.

Marvin49":3ho7w5sn said:
Tough to make any definitive statements based on a preseason game in which Season Ticket Holders are just trying to sell to get their money back, but you are correct that it has lacked the same energy that Candlestick had so far.

Monday Night tho was probably the best energy its ever had.

Yeah man I agree, loudest niner game I have ever been to.

lsheldon

Reaction score
4 arrests in Levi's parking lot beating of Vikings fan

Police said Friday the arrests were made late Thursday. When police arrived to the scene after the game all parties involved had left. But a video of the assault surfaced Tuesday morning on social media and helped lead to the arrests of Felix Chavira, 32, of Hollister; Juan Arias, 33, of Hollister; Eric Martinez, 30, of San Jose; and a 17-year-old female juvenile.

The three men were taken to Santa Clara County Jail and the juvenile was issued a criminal citation and released to her parents, police said. The 49ers say one of the people was a season ticketholder but those tickets are being revoked.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/4-a ... ar-AAeu0Sp

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lsheldon":1sgym0nl said:
4 arrests in Levi's parking lot beating of Vikings fan

Police said Friday the arrests were made late Thursday. When police arrived to the scene after the game all parties involved had left. But a video of the assault surfaced Tuesday morning on social media and helped lead to the arrests of Felix Chavira, 32, of Hollister; Juan Arias, 33, of Hollister; Eric Martinez, 30, of San Jose; and a 17-year-old female juvenile.

The three men were taken to Santa Clara County Jail and the juvenile was issued a criminal citation and released to her parents, police said. The 49ers say one of the people was a season ticketholder but those tickets are being revoked.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/4-a ... ar-AAeu0Sp
That's good to hear, thanks for the update.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Glad to hear they revoked season tix from the assailant who had them.

Is that standard? If not, it definitely should be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":39piqj7r said:
Glad to hear they revoked season tix from the assailant who had them.

Is that standard? If not, it definitely should be.
I don't know about down there, but up here that's been the standard practice for awhile now. In fact my boss who used to have season tix, almost lost his because he gave them to someone for a game who got obnoxious and drunk and got thrown out of the game, and they were going to revoke his tickets. They told him if it happens again they are gone, and to be careful who he gives his tickets to.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Obiviously a different crowd, but I loved Levi's (the stadium, the vibe) when I was there for the hockey game last season.

Jville

Reaction score
Updated on 9/22/15 ..... 3 charged in 49ers-Vikings fan violence at Levi’s Stadium >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/3-charged-in-49ers-Vikings-fan-violence-at-6522334.php[/urltargetblank]

[youtube]OdHL-EMriok[/youtube]
Eric Martinez, 30, of San Jose and Hollister (San Benito County) residents Juan Arias, 33, and Felix Chavira Sr., 32, were arrested Friday and charged Tuesday with assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury.
920x9201024x10241024x1024

mrt144

Reaction score
ivotuk":1nnlhgtz said:
Popeyejones":1nnlhgtz said:
Just reposting this explanation/background for this type of stuff at 9ers games from the other 9ers friend where this vid was first posted, if anyone is curious.

It's true that we have know way of knowing if thats the story in this video, but having been to a ton of 9ers games since the below transition happened, well, umm, I have yet to see it NOT be the story...

Due to California's gang injunction and three strike laws in the 90s and early 2Ks prison-gang populations boomed and 5-10 years out upon release those prison gangs ended up jumping the walls and becoming street gangs (the state of CA basically created the problem it was trying to prevent).

This is only relevent to the 9ers because one of the -if not the- largest gangs to migrate out of prisons was the Nortenos ("Northeners"; a loosly affiliated network of bloods), who ended up adopting the 9ers because of the color of their jerseys. With that transition in the mid-2Ks the reputation of 9ers fans transitioned from wine sipping effettes to thugs.

As a result you end up seeing stuff like you saw in that video: A bunch of 9ers fans yelling stop and trying to break up fights while guys who were hardened and criminalized through doing prison time due to draconian sentencing (and are 9ers fans because they rep Northern California and 9ers jerseys match their gang affiliation and Raiders' jerseys don't) are starting a bunch of fights between each other and with random others.

I call BS when I see something like "hardened in prisons and draconian sentencing." They didn't get in jail for jay walking, and you can't blame jail for that kind of behavior. They went there looking for it, and I'm sure this is the type of behavior that got them put in jail in the first place.

You can blame the prison system being so awful that not only do gangs flourish inside they translate directly outside.

UNike Popeye I am politically motivated by this not only because I grew up in norcal and dealt with Norteno gang associates as part of working but because the justice system dishes out penalties with extreme bias and will happily slap felonies on minorities where a similar white offender will get discretion from the prosecution and defer to a misdemeanor.