49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested & released by team

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Really sad.

I wish as much effort was placed into trying to address how to help & treat substance abuse issues as we do in putting together popup companies that deliver heated underwear or something equally ridiculous.

I see a lot of startups getting funding to build the next cupcake selector, and massive issues like water use, substance abuse, and the like get little to no mindshare. Some of the smartest people on the West Coast right now are working on hundreds of tools to solve frivolous problems and stuff like this stares us in the face daily.

I cannot believe that rational people would believe that guys like Smith or Blackmon would willingly put themselves in situations to destroy their lives again and again.

Not saying he is not ultimately responsible for his actions or the choices he makes, and he certainly has more in terms of resources than someone making 20K a year - but the truth is that even a $5M a year salary doesn't mean you don't get caught up in the snares that human weakness subjects you to.

I used to fear the 49ers but I enjoyed their brand of football when they were not playing us. And there was a lot of respect for their ability. Now just watching them implode like that....they were one of the few teams that played the kind of football the Seahawks did.

Well, I have to hope that someone in Smith's life can be there to shake him out of that crap when he realizes he is going to have to put out the effort to dig himself out. Not to save his career, but just to save himself. Same thing with Blackmon.

rlkats

Reaction score
Minus all the jabs and jokes. Aldon Smith should be done. The list is way to long he should have been gone long ago. If my niners precious owner and gm are not little spoiled ass liars they cut him ASAP.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RobertHanda ‏@RHandaNBC · 6m6 minutes ago
#Breaking Sources say #police affidavit of #AldonSmith arrest indicates argument led to #49er star hitting neighbor's car-minor damage

Dunno if Kap is Aldons neighbor.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3vy4vna7 said:
I'm not overly familiar with the US legal system so can anyone more clued up than me explain whether the 26k bond is significant or not?

Probably chump change to Smith but is the size of that bond significant?

If I remember correctly (from school, not experience), you only pay 10% of the bond to be released. The bond is paid in full if you do not show up to your court hearing. Meaning you can stay in jail or, be set free for 10% of the bond, non-refundable, but would be fined all 26K if you miss your hearing.

Happy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":edm9kib5 said:
I see a lot of startups getting funding to build the next cupcake selector, and massive issues like water use, substance abuse, and the like get little to no mindshare. Some of the smartest people on the West Coast right now are working on hundreds of tools to solve frivolous problems and stuff like this stares us in the face daily.

I think this is why:

It suddenly occurred to me that the hottest tech start-ups are solving all the problems of being twenty years old, with cash on hand, because that's who thinks them up.

http://mic.com/articles/123311/silicon- ... -class-war

The smart kids that are the bread and butter of tech startups live in an insular world of glowing screens and tend to have a somewhat disconnected and warped concept of reality, not unlike that of any wealthy young professional I guess.

I think it would be a service to our society if people from other walks of life started slinging code and starting tech businesses. The knowledge is there, it's a question of the commitment to live like a monk for a few years and learn, just like the smart kids do.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3iu5w5vc said:
Rumor has it this all revolves around Kaepernick banging Aldon's ex, or a chick Aldon was still dating. Supposedly it was Kaep's mercedes that Aldon smashed up. While drunk. And he's still on probation. So Aldon's buggered, but Kaep appears to not have exercised very good judgement here either.

That team is literally filled with immature dickweeds.

Was reluctant to post this at first, but looks like it's picking up some steam.

MediaTakeOut.com told you guys a few weeks ago - that Aldon Smith's LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND Nessa - from MTVs Guy Code, is now seeing Aldon's TEAMMATE Colin Kaeperneck. Well DRAMA POPPED OFF at yesterdays 49ers TRAINING CAMP.

According to one of our MTOers within the organization - there are rumors in camp that Colin and Aldon got into a CONFRONTATION last night - and that Aldon SMASHED UP COLIN'S brand new Mercedes.

http://mediatakeout.com/279536/mto-shoc ... l?mobile=1

MTO is like The National Enquirer or TMZ with a lot less credibility and they like to have a lot of clickbait. The girl is a current radio host for popular NY radio station Hot 97 as well as a TV personality. Hot 97 takes another L.

mikeak

Reaction score
Wait is this like on Ballers where he is having sex with a teammates mother???

And pundits say that ballers is not realistic........

Taehwk

Reaction score
Marvin49":s7saq1pr said:
RobertHanda ‏@RHandaNBC · 6m6 minutes ago
#Breaking Sources say #police affidavit of #AldonSmith arrest indicates argument led to #49er star hitting neighbor's car-minor damage

Dunno if Kap is Aldons neighbor.

I am guessing this is the vandalism part of the charges because I don't think hit and run would apply here?

Marvin49

Reaction score
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/49 ... t_BAYBrand

San Francisco 49ers' linebacker Aldon Smith was booked into the Santa Clara County Jail on Friday on suspicion of hit-and-run, DUI and vandalism, Santa Clara police said.

Sources told NBC Bay Area that Smith apparently hit a neighbor's car after an argument, which suffered minor damage. The neighbor called police, who responded and arrested him, the sources said.

Sounds like the Kap thing might be BS.

mikeak

Reaction score
$1million base salary this year

$2million bonus if he plays 50% of the games

$322k bonus per week on the roster

Oh he will be cut and this will HURT

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/629721075631435776[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 30s30 seconds ago
49ers source: team will part ways with Aldon Smith after his latest arrest.

ringless

Reaction score
So Aldon got in an argument hit a car and the lady called the police? OK so Hardy hits his woman and he gets four games. Aldon hits a car now how many games will he get? Somethings fishy here

Dudes gotta realize they're targets. It's unfair really. Sue me fine but I go to jail for a fender bender?

Some are just saying he is only under suspicious at the moment and to wait and see.

Gotta love Pillbusta's comments over there right now. Obviously a lot of facts aren't released and I hate the argument of so what he hit a tree, so what he hit a car. Greg Hardy hit a woman. The issue is is next time it might be a woman, a child, a family that he hits with his car. People get killed all the time by people like Aldon Smith. He is a danger to society. I don't even care what the facts are of this case. Arrested 5 times to me sounds like he is a habitual offender. That doesnt even take into account all the things he doesnt or hasn't gotten busted for. Someone like this is more likely than not making many more mistakes on a regular basis. When you do that, you eventually get caught or make a larger mistake. He is putting lives at risk. I saw a comment from a woman who was upset as she lost a child to a drunk driver.. Aldon has all the tools, and support around him and he obviously fails to utilize it

titan3131

Reaction score
Im still not convinced that hardy did anything but defend himself from a cocaine whore.

But on topic, this is the worst offseason for any team ever.

its just keeps getting worse.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Niners coach discussing it live right now. Says although Aldon won't be playing football with the organization they will still be there to support him. Also, he called for anyone with issues such as these to get help. He says every human life is worth it and that anyone who needs help needs to find it.

ctrcat

Reaction score
ringless":3ml9n8bp said:
Greg Hardy hit a woman.

Where's the proof? Hardy was a first time "offender" who has since been cleared of the "offense". And get real, even if things stand, he will have sat 21 games, shattered his reputation, and cost the 2014 Panthers 10% of their salary cap.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ctrcat":14opfgdg said:
ringless":14opfgdg said:
Greg Hardy hit a woman.

Where's the proof? Hardy was a first time "offender" who has since been cleared of the "offense". And get real, even if things stand, he will have sat 21 games, shattered his reputation, and cost the 2014 Panthers 10% of their salary cap.

It's hard to get the proof when the offender paid the woman to go away.