49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested & released by team

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Think it's pretty ironic that he gets arrested for DUI and hit and run in the city where UBER was founded.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":25w6h9ra said:
UK_Seahawk":25w6h9ra said:
Smith telling everyone it wasnt a DUI, forgetting to tell everyone he has been charged with FELONY HIT AND RUN.

I was thinking the same thing. What an idiot.

This is actually kind of interesting

If he gets a DUI then I would say 100% he is cut by the 49ers

What if he gets a hit and run (the running part is really stupid and of course indicates that he was drunk or why else run). But lets just say for fun it turns out to be a hit and run

Do they cut him if he was not drinking again?

I doubt it

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
mikeak":31f7x91w said:
Hawkfiend":31f7x91w said:
UK_Seahawk":31f7x91w said:
Smith telling everyone it wasnt a DUI, forgetting to tell everyone he has been charged with FELONY HIT AND RUN.

What if he gets a hit and run (the running part is really stupid and of course indicates that he was drunk or why else run). But lets just say for fun it turns out to be a hit and run

I doubt it

Still would be a probation violation? That's probably what is goona get him?

[youtube]FmO8KxYVGfM[/youtube]

uncle fester

Reaction score
I think there's a strong case for firing the grounds staff.

Practice was cancelled, as the grass was declared unsuitable. Players get unplanned free time. Smith, at a loose end, opts to go on the sauce and gets arrested. None of which would've happened, had the grass been in good condition.

Some webzone logic and a decent lawyer and Smith could be back at practice tomorrow.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Marvin49 is a long time poster here. We like to hack on him a bit because he's a 9er fan.

We don't flat out pick fights with him or any other posters.

Please move this thread back on topic.
Thanks guys.

Edit: I see that we got back on track as I was posting. Thanx.

Basis4day

Reaction score
resize

mikeak

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3dunmzf1 said:
mikeak":3dunmzf1 said:
Hawkfiend":3dunmzf1 said:
UK_Seahawk":3dunmzf1 said:

I doubt it

Still would be a probation violation? That's probably what is goona get him?

No doubt about that. He will get a suspension by the league and he is in trouble with the law and may need to spend time behind bars

I am just really curious on how the 49ers would handle it. Would they say - well he had trouble but it was unrelated to other problems and he has his drinking under control so we keep him (because we really freaking need him) or will they say - he is out of chances

Probably was drunk so will be a moot point

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1a54hukx said:
Sgt. Largent":1a54hukx said:
More like All Done Smith amirite!

Swing and a miss....

C'mon, that was at least a bloop single.

The only thing that would have made this better is if Harbaugh was still the coach so he could eat his words about how accountable his players are.

Zybot

Reaction score
I wonder if Smith's lawyer has one of those punch cards. He should be half way to getting free representation on a criminal case.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm not overly familiar with the US legal system so can anyone more clued up than me explain whether the 26k bond is significant or not?

Probably chump change to Smith but is the size of that bond significant?

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":v3mipxft said:
I'm not overly familiar with the US legal system so can anyone more clued up than me explain whether the 26k bond is significant or not?

Probably chump change to Smith but is the size of that bond significant?

That's close to the average American annual wage. For the average person, that's a lot of money.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2fg9z9b3 said:
Aldon needs help, but as a Seahawks fan.. I loveeee seeing the Niners demise :lol: :lol:

I don't know. I'd rather keep competing with their teams that were as strong as Harbaugh's 2012-2013 squads. Iron sharpens iron; after playing the 49ers 3 times in 5 months that Broncos Super Bowl was like moving down two weight classes.

kobebryant

Reaction score
We only know of Aldon Smith because of football, but this is way more important than football.

This is a seriously troubled young man that has been enabled for far too long that needs some legitimate real help before he really hurts someone else or himself.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Saw this gif on another forum..laughed so hard

49ers fans be like

window.gif

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Who gives a shit about this kid's football career at this point? He's got problems well beyond whether or not he'll ever play in the nfl again.

I just lost my brother at age 56 due mostly to years of alcohol and drug abuse. Aldon needs help to get and STAY sober or his life will continue to spiral downward with an end that won't be pretty. It's beyond obvious he has a major addiction problem.