49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested & released by team

NINEster

Reaction score
Ctrcat, I have no intimate knowledge of Hardy's situation but do know that on a rival forums he will not get benefit of the doubt.

ctrcat

Reaction score
NINEster":20qmphmg said:
Ctrcat, I have no intimate knowledge of Hardy's situation but do know that on a rival forums he will not get benefit of the doubt.

All you need to know is the incident occurred in May, the feminist judge/formality bench trial to get to the jury trial was in July, and he played with zero fanfare or outrage in week 1 with a sack before the Rice video.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":2hh2ycxw said:
I'm honesty a bit crushed about it...not just because it's a huge loss to the team. It appeared he was getting his life in order. It looked like he'd just gotten everything behind him and he was putting all that BS behind him.

Now this? Man. Dunno what to say. If he hadn't learned the lesson by now....

I have been really, really busy with my own home swap and my father's estate, but I just wanted to make sure that I showed up for this one.

It APPEARED he was getting his life in order? Because why? He didn't get prosecuted for the airport crap or have to serve his sentence for felony gun crimes and that he didn't get caught doing anything wrong for a little while?

It reminds me of a distant relative with a very troubled teen. "Aldon was doing great up until the point he was arrested".

Just giving you some crap Melvin. You knew it was coming, just like you knew Aldon's day was coming. Wouldn't be surprised if it is a Seattle player next, but damn Aldon is 250% STOOPID.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I suppose I could have a laugh about this in the Shack but frankly, I feel pity for the guy because he can't overcome his issues and doesn't seem to want to do so - putting himself and others at risk. He needs help badly and it's time to force help on him - especially since he got away scot-free the last few times, leading to more of this behavior.

ringless

Reaction score
#49ers: Borland, Anthony Davis, Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Frank Gore and Jim Harbaugh all gone from last year's team. Now, Aldon Smith. Rand_Getlin Rand Getlin
@Rand_Getlin

Thats just crazy... Does anyone have the updated wikipedia page with all the names crossed out from the 49ers Super Bowl team? (and coaches)

I feel grateful that I don't have to go through what the fans are there. I know we all love the sport and its hard on us when things like this happen. But geeze. SO much talent.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
CL1CvNgWcAAZ No

Dinged someones car, drove away, and came back all while drunk?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/629733487386447872[/tweet]

hawk45

Reaction score
They couldn't have dismantled that team any more quickly if they planned it.

I do love the idea that all teams are destined to follow the arc of the Niners when they pay their franchise QB. They didn't even pay their QB that much, and they've set the record for the shortest Superbowl window. Okay not really, there have been bigger flash in the pans and the Niners had a few solid years, but when you look at how awesome that team was a few short years ago, you can't help but be impressed in a bad way at how quickly it came and went.

Guess that's what happens when your FO "strategy" is suck for a decade despite perennial high draft picks until even your awful FO can't avoid accumulating some talent, then lure a good HC for the 3 year run before it all comes crashing down.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
As a Seahawks fan, I'm not sad to see the 49ers continue their horrible offseason.

As a human being, I really hope Aldon Smith can get some help. Hopefully hitting rock bottom will make him evaluate his choices and start making some changes.

TAB420

Reaction score
This was Aldon's fifth incident? What happened to Quest for Six......

Taehwk

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic here, but is it me or is there a disturbing pattern of behavior with University of Missouri players?

Sheldon Richardson - marijuana, street racing at 145mph with a 12 year old in the car, running away from the police

Aldon Smith - numerous infractions already discussed at length

Dorial Green Beckham- marijuana, breaking into gf's apartment and shoving her down stairs

I know there are many players from Missouri who don't get in trouble but it seems to me anyways that Missouri pampers and let these guys get away with too much and they feel they can do the same in the NFL.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
How can somebody with this much talent be this stupid? They could be 0 - 16. This is the worst off season in history that I have ever seen. I'm astonished at this off season. It could take 5 or more years to rebuild from all the losses. He is not the only one.

hoxrox

Reaction score
[youtube]3uSTOHa4Im4[/youtube]

12thbrah

Reaction score
49ers should just cut Colin Kaepernick now since they will eventually need to do it at some point. Its inevitable the way things are going.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Only team I could see stupid enough to touch this idiot is Dallas. Jerruh loves hiring criminals.

rideaducati

Reaction score
12thbrah":vppfzv9q said:
49ers should just cut Colin Kaepernick now since they will eventually need to do it at some point. Its inevitable the way things are going.

As of April first, Kaepernick's salary was guaranteed for this year. I hope they keep him long enough to prove (to them) he sucks badly so there is zero chance of them getting anything in the form of a trade.

253hawk

Reaction score
Taehwk":txbu8rgr said:
Somewhat off topic here, but is it me or is there a disturbing pattern of behavior with University of Missouri players?

Sheldon Richardson - marijuana, street racing at 145mph with a 12 year old in the car, running away from the police

Aldon Smith - numerous infractions already discussed at length

Dorial Green Beckham- marijuana, breaking into gf's apartment and shoving her down stairs

I know there are many players from Missouri who don't get in trouble but it seems to me anyways that Missouri pampers and let these guys get away with too much and they feel they can do the same in the NFL.

Better put Justin Britt on lockdown, just in case.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":162ml01b said:
WilsonMVP":162ml01b said:
Saw this gif on another forum..laughed so hard

49ers fans be like

window.gif

That's from The IT Crowd. Probably the funniest show ever made.

TRUTH

Latest posts