5 Seahawks Draft Rumors . . .

original poster

Reaction score
You can bet in Perriman is being linked to the Hawks it'll be a smoke screen for someone else. Guarantee it. That's obviously based on these rumours actually coming from the Seahawks and not someone totally guessing.

kearly

Reaction score
Yxes1122":2aayhi53 said:
I'm feeling a bit like I did in 2013 because one of the players I like is very reminiscent of a player the Seahawk's drafted the year before. Back then, it was Corey Lemonier, this year it is Phillip Dorsett. I really like Dorsett and think he has more Desean Jackson to his game than PRich does. I still have high hopes for PRich but I don't expect much from him next year, and even if I did, I didn't see this team use him as a deep threat much at all last year and when they did, I think he struggled. Dorsett may share a similar fate in the end, but I think he's better suited to the vertical role than PRich. Either way, I doubt he comes to Seattle.

As others have said, I hope the Mike Davis interest is purely misdirection. For some reason, when I watch him play, I just keep thinking, "Why is he making everything look so difficult?" He just seems clunky when I watch. He'll lower his shoulder and bang with a defense sure, but I cannot see him being anything more than a piece of a RB by committee type guy. He seriously compares to Turbin to me. High effort bruiser that will never be special or become a starter. I'd much rather come home with Ajayi or Abdullah (though I doubt I'll see Abdullah in a Seahawk uniform either).

I think Seattle should definitely try to get a RB this year, just because it's such a deep draft for the position. You can find high level talent in the mid rounds this year and I would be bummed if Seattle didn't capitalize. And I really hope JS/PC draft someone that at least has elite deep threat potential this year, because it could really take our offense to a new level.

Pretty much agree here 100%. I don't know if Dorsett fits Seattle's exact needs at WR, but he has a 'Seahawky' feel to me. Definitely a playmaker. I could see Seattle drafting him if he's still around in the 4th round ala the Norwood pick last year.

I also see a lot of Robert Turbin when watching Mike Davis. Except that Turbin is way better.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Wow. Not very many hawks fans that pre-date the PC era.

The Hawks had their very own up right, running style RB in Chris Warren. Check out this clip. Also, the Safety that lays that bone jarring hit is not Ken Easley or Bam Bam, but Daryl Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcZZlMKL5xw

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
truehawksfan":19go7jcw said:
Wow. Not very many hawks fans that pre-date the PC era.

The Hawks had their very own up right, running style RB in Chris Warren. Check out this clip. Also, the Safety that lays that bone jarring hit is not Ken Easley or Bam Bam, but Daryl Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcZZlMKL5xw
There are plenty of 38ers it's just a fact that there are far more non 38ers for various reasons some of them aren't even obvious.

massari

Reaction score
Guys, probably a dumb question but if they end up drafting a RB, does this mean Turbin or Michael will be let go or can they fit 4 RB's on the roster?

original poster

Reaction score
massari":2d2dlcsg said:
Guys, probably a dumb question but if they end up drafting a RB, does this mean Turbin or Michael will be let go or can they fit 4 RB's on the roster?

Valid question but I think if another got drafted it wouldn't be until next year that someone leaves. I'd imagine there will be a big emphasis on getting our RB's up to speed this year anticipating Lynch's retirement.

massari

Reaction score
original poster":qe6s0ggm said:
massari":qe6s0ggm said:

Valid question but I think if another got drafted it wouldn't be until next year that someone leaves. I'd imagine there will be a big emphasis on getting our RB's up to speed this year anticipating Lynch's retirement.

Thanks for the reply! So you DO think they'd be able to fit 4 RB's on the roster this season?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
massari":gyu3fx9v said:
original poster":gyu3fx9v said:
massari":gyu3fx9v said:

Thanks for the reply! So you DO think they'd be able to fit 4 RB's on the roster this season?

If they carry four backs, one of them would have to be able to play fullback. I think Mike Davis could make a good lead blocker. But if they drafted a different kind of back, someone like Johnson, Ajayi, Yeldon, Coleman, Abdullah, or Langford, then we would have an all-out competition between Turbin (final year of rookie deal, limited upside), Michael (non-contributor, ball security issues, poor blocker), and this potential rookie. It's a great RB class so I wouldn't rule out taking one of those guys to develop as a 3rd down back or future replacement for Lynch.

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":7frpfgl5 said:
original poster":7frpfgl5 said:
massari":7frpfgl5 said:

They did it to start the season in 2012 and 2013

2012: Running backs (5): Tailbacks – Marshawn Lynch, Leon Washington, Robert Turbin, Kregg Lumpkin. Fullback – Michael Robinson.

2013: Running backs (5): Tailbacks – Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin, Christine Michael, Spencer Ware. Fullback – Derrick Coleman.

original poster

Reaction score
massari":tw4kjem7 said:
original poster":tw4kjem7 said:
massari":tw4kjem7 said:

I do personally.

I'm almost certain it won't happen but if Lynch were to decline or God forbid get injured having 3 other RB's helps. As I mentioned it absolutely won't happen and I'm anticipating Lynch having his best year to date and sealing his spot in the HOF but our front office consider everything and I bet something they either have or will consider is what happens if Lynch can't play.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":ipr1m8sh said:
Having a FB who plays DT also will help create space.
I personally don't think he plays either very well.

LTH

Reaction score
I think all the rumors are misdirection...If the Hawks wanted everyone to know who they like in the draft they would broadcast it... :shock:

LTH

dino26

Reaction score
I wonder if we will make a move for Auburn's Nick Marshall may prove to be an interesting project for Pete to mold him into a CB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Chawker":g7z26zxk said:
One rumor I've heard a "few" times this off-season is "trading Marshawn Lynch to Oakland" sending him back home to the community in which he is so fawned of and highly active. Maybe 3 first rounders would work......

"fond"

Signed, Roland

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Every year these guys have been here the FO has given significant misdirection as to the players they've had interest but sleuthing work has quietly uncovered players of some interest, kearly for sure was one who nailed the Michael pick.

This year I'd expect more misdirection than last year as the team wanted the DT- Easley that NE snatched up just ahead of them. That player was being whispered as a possible selection and the somewhat deflated Seahawks draft room after his pick indicated as much. I expect the sting of that loss will be fresh enough to make the FO even more furtive if they are interested in a trade up for a particular player if that is where they are headed. Any rumours are likely untrue except those which are double misdirection, knowing which is likely going to be the game until draft time.

I do however suspect that there won't be any obvious tip of their hand and that this year the pick might be a a surprise in terms of where the pick was made or who the target will be.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
massari":3krgr2xe said:
original poster":3krgr2xe said:
massari":3krgr2xe said:

One thought here is they could put one on the practice squad. Although if they go there, more than likely they will be picked up by another team.

One more thing, it is not automatic that one more RB in means One of our RBs gone. The always compete mantra still fits. They all have to EARN their position, even the backups et al rotaters. Even last year when we picked up dudes off the street, they had to compete. Albeit a little less competition...LOL :mrgreen:

titan3131

Reaction score
Field gulls had a good article about trading CMIKE possibly in the draft.

Teams with need at RB

JAGS
LIONS
vikes- sorta

the article mentions who the hawks have done the most business with before and goes in depth with trading to vikes but I dont really see that as long as AP works out.

Now the lion have a NEED @ rb. And very simply I think we could fleece them with CMIKES potential, and come away with something significant.

massari

Reaction score
titan3131":17y0tnmg said:
Field gulls had a good article about trading CMIKE possibly in the draft.

Teams with need at RB

JAGS
LIONS
vikes- sorta

the article mentions who the hawks have done the most business with before and goes in depth with trading to vikes but I dont really see that as long as AP works out.

Now the lion have a NEED @ rb. And very simply I think we could fleece them with CMIKES potential, and come away with something significant.

Cordarrelle Patterson makes so much sense for both teams if AP leaves, although I don't like their luck getting WR's from the VIkes.

Wonder how high of a draft pick they could get for Michael.....maybe a 4th?

Latest posts