7-4! We Shall Finish...

Seahawks are 7-4 with 5 left. What will be their final record?

• 12-4. Why not?

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • 11-5. Lose to the Eagles (or other team name here) and that's it.

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • 10-6. Lose two more. Win the division. Host a wildcard.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • 10-6. Lose two more. Rams win the division but we squeak in at # 5 or 6.

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • 9-7. Lose three more. Win the division because the Rams brutal schedule.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 9-7. Lose three more. Lose the division and are out of the playoffs.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • 8-8 or worse.

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Josea16":opl6pe69 said:
hawknation2017":opl6pe69 said:
Josea16":opl6pe69 said:
I love that the Rams are back and San Francisco is coming with a bullet. I'm thinking we will go 9-7 and no playoffs. We need to reload on offense, enough with 65% of the cap going to an aging injured defense. Time to actually build around Wilson already. Wentz and Goff got that much in two years and stupid people think they are better then Wilson already. It's offensive.

It's unusual for a team to lose two of its best players and still remain in the playoff hunt. But that's where we are right now: in control of our own destiny, having already beaten the Rams on the road.

I feel the offense is starting to come together. The offensive line had its best game in the last two years and will only get better down the stretch with Duane Brown leading the charge. Mike Davis looked promising at RB, and he should return this week. Russell Wilson is having an MVP-caliber season. So anything is possible if the offense can gain some momentum in this final month of the season. Pete Carroll teams tend to finish strong.
I am game. I believe in Wilson, but he needs just a little help. When Rodgers and Ben won they had help. So give it to Wilson.

Absolutely, I think they need to draft a great receiver next year. Not sure whether re-signing Jimmy Graham will be possible.

I get a sense that the team has a chance to go on a roll to close out this year, much like they did in 2014. They started 6-4 that year, against the weaker part of their schedule, and then managed to close out the season with a six-game winning streak.

Josea16

Reaction score
hawknation2017":yjkr44gr said:
Josea16":yjkr44gr said:
hawknation2017":yjkr44gr said:
Josea16":yjkr44gr said:
I love that the Rams are back and San Francisco is coming with a bullet. I'm thinking we will go 9-7 and no playoffs. We need to reload on offense, enough with 65% of the cap going to an aging injured defense. Time to actually build around Wilson already. Wentz and Goff got that much in two years and stupid people think they are better then Wilson already. It's offensive.

It's unusual for a team to lose two of its best players and still remain in the playoff hunt. But that's where we are right now: 8in control of our own destiny, having already beaten the Rams on the road.

I feel the offense is starting to come together. The offensive line had its best game in the last two years and will only get better down the stretch with Duane Brown leading the charge. Mike Davis looked promising at RB, and he should return this week. Russell Wilson is having an MVP-caliber season. So anything is possible if the offense can gain some momentum in this final month of the season. Pete Carroll teams tend to finish strong.
I am game. I believe in Wilson, but he needs just a little help. When Rodgers and Ben won they had help. So give it to Wilson.

Absolutely, I think they need to draft a great receiver next year. Not sure whether re-signing Jimmy Graham will be possible.

I get a sense that the team has a chance to go on a roll to close out this year, much like they did in 2014. They started 6-4 that year, against the weaker part of their schedule, and then managed to close out the season with a six-game winning streak.
It's not the WR core that's the problem. We need a semblance of a run game. Also I think they resign JG if the price is right (6-7 million). Russ seems to be developing serious chemistry with JG.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Josea16":24ce116b said:
hawknation2017":24ce116b said:
Josea16":24ce116b said:
hawknation2017":24ce116b said:
It's unusual for a team to lose two of its best players and still remain in the playoff hunt. But that's where we are right now: in control of our own destiny, having already beaten the Rams on the road.

It's not the WR core that's the problem. We need a semblance of a run game. Also I think they resign JG if the price is right (6-7 million).

Chris Carson looked very good. But you're right; who knows if he will stay healthy or go the way of Thomas Rawls and C.J. Prosise? We have three fourth rounders in the coming draft; hope one of those picks addresses RB.

Josea16

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3ww8k90m said:
Josea16":3ww8k90m said:
hawknation2017":3ww8k90m said:
Josea16":3ww8k90m said:

It's not the WR core that's the problem. We need a semblance of a run game. Also I think they resign JG if the price is right (6-7 million).

Chris Carson looked very good. But you're right; who knows if he will stay healthy or go the way of Thomas Rawls and C.J. Prosise? We have three fourth rounders in the coming draft; hope one of those picks addresses RB.
I'm hoping they go 1at/2nd We need a bellcow given Pete refuses to adapt at all.

Personally I love to see him fired along with him entire coaching staff but that's my opinion.

Josea16

Reaction score
Josea16":li9di5l9 said:
hawknation2017":li9di5l9 said:
Josea16":li9di5l9 said:
hawknation2017":li9di5l9 said:

I'm hoping they go for it at 1st/2nd round. We need a bellcow type given Pete refuses to adapt at all.

Personally I'd love to see him fired along with his entire coaching staff but that's my opinion.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' love when fans tell others that their predictions are crazy. God forbid we have our own opinions and/or believe in our team :lol:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Josea16":kad75sgj said:
I'm hoping they go 1at/2nd We need a bellcow given Pete refuses to adapt at all.

Personally I love to see him fired along with him entire coaching staff but that's my opinion.

Yeah, all Carroll has done is win playoff games every year, including the franchise's only Super Bowl, and set NFL records for most consecutive games without losing by more than 7 points and by 10 points.

In the last 98 games, only FOUR times have the Seahawks lost by more than a TD. That is totally unprecedented in NFL history. In the last 99 games, the Seahawks have only lost ONCE by more than 10 points (last year's GB game without Earl Thomas). 1 in 99.

And people wonder why Carroll chooses to remain consistent to his philosophy . . . LOL.

I too would like to see what a fresh play caller could do with this team. But getting rid of Pete Carroll is ridiculous. People who want that deserve to root for the 49ers, IMO.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3k22a4iw said:
SoulfishHawk":3k22a4iw said:
Yeah, getting rid of Carroll would be next level stupid.

Fully agreed.

Cable and bevell on the other hand.....
Cable, meh. Bevell is the best fit for what Pete wants out of his offense. He'll also be in line for a potential successor to a Pete.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2rgsy5ar said:
johnnyfever":2rgsy5ar said:
SoulfishHawk":2rgsy5ar said:

Fully agreed.

Cable, meh. Bevell is the best fit for what Pete wants out of his offense. He'll also be in line for a potential successor to a Pete.

LOL . . . no, he won't. And hopefully Bevell will be replaced with a competent play caller this off-season.

Can I ask you an honest question? Are you a Mormon? I have nothing against the LDS Church, but I have friends who are Mormon, and they tend to fervently rise to the defense of everyone and anyone Mormon, regardless of the circumstances. And I think that is true of a lot of groups.

Just trying to figure out why you insist on clogging the board with Bevell posts. At least 75% of your posts are Bevell defenses. Any negative mention of Bevell is like the bat signal for you. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3c8fc806 said:
Siouxhawk":3c8fc806 said:
johnnyfever":3c8fc806 said:
SoulfishHawk":3c8fc806 said:

Fully agreed.

LOL . . . no, he won't. And hopefully Bevell will be replaced with a competent play caller this off-season.

Can I ask you an honest question? Are you a Mormon? I have nothing against the LDS Church, but I have friends who are Mormon, and they tend to fervently rise to the defense of everyone and anyone Mormon, regardless of the circumstances. And I think that is true of a lot of groups.

Just trying to figure out why you insist on clogging the board with Bevell posts. At least 75% of your posts are Bevell defenses. Any negative mention of Bevell is like the bat signal for you. :2thumbs:
Last I looked, Bevell has had a big hand in helping the Hawks win 70% of their games in the Russell Wilson era. And that's with limited resources on offense per Pete's philosophy. As I said, he's the best fit for the offense.

Don't think I'll get into religion as the urging of the administrators of this forum. And pay attention. I typically only react when the subject is brought up, a point you circumstantially gloss over to fit your narrative.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3qcm3o9n said:
hawknation2017":3qcm3o9n said:
Siouxhawk":3qcm3o9n said:
johnnyfever":3qcm3o9n said:
Fully agreed.

Last I looked, Bevell has had a big hand in helping the Hawks win 70% of their games in the Russell Wilson era. And that's with limited resources on offense per Pete's philosophy. As I said, he's the best fit for the offense.

Don't think I'll get into religion as the urging of the administrators of this forum. And pay attention. I typically only react when the subject is brought up, a point you circumstantially gloss over to fit your narrative.

I'm going to take that as a hardy "YES." Not debating the merits of any religion. Just a casual question that helps me understand your fervent religiosity for the Church of Bevell. As I said, it's like the bat signal -- or should I say "Bevell signal." Any comment about Bevell becomes literally duplicated. :2thumbs:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Amazing how much of a positive vibe the website gets after a win. Last week everyone was blowing up the program, now we have guys thinking we can go 12-4 and 11-5 against one od the toughest schedules in football.

We will likely be favoured in only 2 of our remaining 5 games. Maybe favoured in only one. If that pans out, 8-8 or 9-7 are the most likely possibilities. At this point I'm not booking my hotel in January in Seattle yet.

Wilson and Wagner may not be enough to get us through this gauntlet. Unless the secondary, OL and RB's pull up their socks, out on their big boy pants and ball out, we are likely a WC at best and sitting home as the most likely scenario.

That being said, the team has galvanized for a playoff push before but that was rarely against such a daunting final 5 games.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Mad Dog":4mcfpea6 said:
Amazing how much of a positive vibe the website gets after a win. Last week everyone was blowing up the program, now we have guys thinking we can go 12-4 and 11-5 against one od the toughest schedules in football.

We will likely be favoured in only 2 of our remaining 5 games. Maybe favoured in only one. If that pans out, 8-8 or 9-7 are the most likely possibilities. At this point I'm not booking my hotel in January in Seattle yet.

Wilson and Wagner may not be enough to get us through this gauntlet. Unless the secondary, OL and RB's pull up their socks, out on their big boy pants and ball out, we are likely a WC at best and sitting home as the most likely scenario.

That being said, the team has galvanized for a playoff push before but that was rarely against such a daunting final 5 games.

This is true. However, I think the final six games in 2014 were arguably tougher. We were 6-4 at that time, as well. Then had to play Arizona and San Francisco twice each, plus at Philadelphia and the Rams, who treated every game vs. Seattle like it was their Super Bowl under Jeff Fisher.

Arizona and SF are bad teams this year. Jacksonville is a paper tiger that just lost to Arizona. Dallas' season is over. We already beat the Rams, and now we get them at home, so probably a 65% we win that one. The only really difficult game is this week. It's going to be a dog fight. I can't say for sure we will win, but I would say it's about as likely as a coin flip.

vs Philadelphia (50%)
@ Jacksonville (70%)
vs Los Angeles (65%)
@ Dallas (65%)
vs Arizona (90%)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
9-7, no playoffs. Only wins against Dallas and Arizona to end the year.

Injuries are the worst.

mistaowen

Reaction score
11-5 I think they beat the Eagles and then ultimately lose one of the remaining games pegged as a win. Could see the Jags winning in an ugly football game and Bortles throwing for only 30 yards. Hoping the Rams lose at least one other game to get a home WC game.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2iefrdwb said:
9-7, no playoffs. Only wins against Dallas and Arizona to end the year.

Injuries are the worst.

You really think Blake Bortles is going to beat us? :p

I mean there is a chance; it's on the road, and they have an improved defense. But it's Blake Bortles . . . c'mon. The chances of that happening can't be much higher than 30%.

Latest posts