944 players in the NFL earn more than RW.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
so do 20 non-starting QBs.

based on total cap hit.

Pretty crazy.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
At what point can we throw a bunch of money at him without breaking rules?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1xaiyxbv said:

No reason every Seahawks fan on the planet can't put a five dollar bill in aenvelope addressed to him.

Largent80

Reaction score
bestfightstory":bfsupdsj said:
Zebulon Dak":bfsupdsj said:

No reason every Seahawks fan on the planet can't put a five dollar bill in aenvelope addressed to him.

Then he can give it back in two years with interest.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe Paul Allen could write him a check or 2 at some point. Maybe write up some sort of contract that would guarantee him playing in Seattle for 6-7 years. I don't know if that kind of thing would slide in Goodell's NFL.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":17ebk1e0 said:

I believe 3 seasons. So offseason 2015.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He'll be paid well as a starting NFL QB soon enough. I genuinely doubt that even then RW will be much interested in moving elsewhere.

We were the team that had faith in him and promoted him quickly to be the starter, he won't quickly forget that either.

At this point I'm quite sure all the bonus clauses in his contract are engaged including a few that are tenuous.

I'm worried that he stays healthy despite the pounding they are exposing him to over the past few games.

jblaze

Reaction score
He'll get paid after the 2014 season handsomely. Hopefully it'll be like 10-13 mil or something like that so it doesn't handicap us too much.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
bestfightstory":rdsr8n16 said:
Zebulon Dak":rdsr8n16 said:

Yes because athletes deserve even more money and other jobs deserve less

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2h7lc1en said:
bestfightstory":2h7lc1en said:
Zebulon Dak":2h7lc1en said:

Yes because athletes deserve even more money and other jobs deserve less

:|

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If RW were a free agent tomorrow, how much money would you pay him?
$15mil? $20 mil? $25 mil? More? Less?

UGotHawked

Reaction score
bestfightstory":28ptve63 said:
Zebulon Dak":28ptve63 said:

Russell is a starting QB in the NFL. He is 24 years old and he has banked a couple million bucks including endorsements more than he had a year and a half ago and he stands to make an annual salary with 7 digits very soon. Let's not cry for him. He's doing just fine (other than the pass blocking).

bestfightstory

Reaction score
UGotHawked":o8tvkukl said:
bestfightstory":o8tvkukl said:
Zebulon Dak":o8tvkukl said:

Russell is a starting QB in the NFL. He is 24 years old and he has banked a couple million bucks including endorsements more than he had a year and a half ago and he stands to make an annual salary with 7 digits very soon. Let's not cry for him. He's doing just fine (other than the pass blocking).

Wow. I guess I'm gonna look pretty silly when I'm the only one who sent an envelope with a $5 bill in it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
UGotHawked":lxg8pvhz said:
bestfightstory":lxg8pvhz said:
Zebulon Dak":lxg8pvhz said:

Some folk here are making it sound like Russell Wilson is so broke that he is on the verge of "sleeping in a flop house"!! Minimum NFL salary for a Rookie is about 10X what an average American makes. Russell is having fun playing on the team and for the fans of his wildest dreams. I really doubt that Russell will ever be playing a saxophone on the curb in front of the Clink for money! ;)

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
UGotHawked":187mw82o said:
bestfightstory":187mw82o said:
Zebulon Dak":187mw82o said:

Russell is a starting QB in the NFL. He is 24 years old and he has banked a couple million bucks including endorsements more than he had a year and a half ago and he stands to make an annual salary with 8 digits very soon. Let's not cry for him. He's doing just fine (other than the pass blocking).

FTFY

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I would like to see RW get paid but like others have said, he has and will receive even more endorsement money in the coming year(s) before he even signs his big contract. At this point he'd be probably willing to donate what he does have to hiring some decent tackles.

Throwdown

Reaction score
joeseahawks":5fuzna7d said:
If RW were a free agent tomorrow, how much money would you pay him?
$15mil? $20 mil? $25 mil? More? Less?

Whatever the man wanted

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
jammerhawk":yxg8jnjk said:
I genuinely doubt that even then RW will be much interested in moving elsewhere.

I'm worried that he stays healthy despite the pounding they are exposing him to over the past few games.

See what I did there? Those two statements perfectly mirror my recent shift of my thought regarding our chances of retaining him. At the end of last season, I felt there was almost no way he would leave for another team when the time came. Now I'm not so sure. Who in his right mind would voluntarily get pounded behind a bargain basement OL? Concern for his well being aside, Russell has made very clear his aspirations of greatness. Those goals won't be realized playing behind a sieve for an OL. The powers that be better start putting some emphasis on pass protection.

warden

Reaction score
As Wilson's popularity grows, so will the amount of money he makes on endorsements. Yes there are 944 players making larger salaries then Wilson, but the amount of players with higher numbers on their tax returns is substantially less.

This Rookie salary cap stuff is a good thing. No big paydays until they have proven themselves. Wilson will get his money year four. To bad we did not have this rookie salary cap when we drafted Arron Curry

Latest posts