A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

Blitzfan

Reaction score
While I am not over SB40 and doubt I ever will be (i have yet to watch that game a second time), I don't have a problem accepting all the Karma we can get. If it weren't for all the crap that was spewed by some of the Stealer nation after that game I don't think you would have encountered so much hostility here. But, considering there is still quite a bit animosity towards your franchise, I am sure you can understand our trepidation towards your intentions.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":3v8m0mpd said:
peachesenregalia":3v8m0mpd said:
Admit that XL was a massive screw job by the refs and that they had a massive effect on the outcome of that game, then apologize on behalf of the Stealer fanbase for them being dicks about the game afterwards, or get out.

I guess y'all are still bitter.

I have no control over other people. So I can't (and won't) apologize for anyone. As far as the refs, that's always a matter of perspective, I suppose.
I just want to win - I don't care who wants us to win or doesn't.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Also, well wishes in the superbowl from any fan of the NFL? Thank you, beast mode love and appreciate that.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Riley12":1ew1jj7o said:
Stealer fans - don't want their love, support or anything.

During the divisional game, they brought out all of the PPK winners and one of them represented the Stealers. She had the nerve to tap the Steelers logo on her beanie before throwing the ball AND hold a Terrible Towel during the television introduction.

Steeler fans in general know that SBXL* burns us deeply and look for every opportunity to rub the salt in. In Detroit, they were almost as rude and stupid as Niner fans with spikes driven in their skulls. Like Tolkien dwarves, their women look like their men.

OP - take your well wishes and shove them where the sun don't shine while pleasuring yourself to a photo of
your 12th man - Bill Leavy and his Keystone Krew

:salute:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":awqzo7wy said:
Riley12":awqzo7wy said:
Stealer fans - don't want their love, support or anything.

During the divisional game, they brought out all of the PPK winners and one of them represented the Stealers. She had the nerve to tap the Steelers logo on her beanie before throwing the ball AND hold a Terrible Towel during the television introduction.

Steeler fans in general know that SBXL* burns us deeply and look for every opportunity to rub the salt in. In Detroit, they were almost as rude and stupid as Niner fans with spikes driven in their skulls. Like Tolkien dwarves, their women look like their men.

OP - take your well wishes and shove them where the sun don't shine while pleasuring yourself to a photo of
your 12th man - Bill Leavy and his Keystone Krew

:salute:
:13: Great post Riley.

LTH

Reaction score
I have a steeler toilet seat.... enough said? well no!I

SCREW THE STEELERS AND THE STEELER NATION!!!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3237ars3 said:
Maybe give it another decade or two before coming to visit us, Stealers fans.

You might get what you wish for. The NFL managed to get Steelers at Seahawks moved to Steelers last time it came up in the rotation.

Yeah, not over it, at all, especially because their crappy fans went out of their way for MONTHS to try to paint Seahawks fans as whiners... and then freaking Bill Leavy admits that calls were blown and the game haunts him (!) and they still don't have the grace, most of them, to admit that SB XL was a screw-job, big time, and we were right all along when we said that it was messed up totally.

Leavy was just reacting to the way the stage was set, I think. It's human nature, I think he saw what he was supposed to see... I don't think he's crooked. Now, that back judge from Pittsburgh, that guy, crooked as the day is long.

pehawk

Reaction score
When me and my partner are together we like to spice things up with "pretend" night.

Sometimes I'm Bubby Brister, sometimes he is. Whomever isn't Bubby Brister has to be Mark Malone. And, you can guess which of the two are on their stomach (it aint Louis Lipps).

Getting into the Bubby character is really easy. You take a sharpie and draw your hairline even with your eyebrows. For Mark Malone, I'll usually smear a cancerous Rottweiler's feces above my upper-lip (coincidently slap that feces on your left cheek and its Drew Brees night).

Any truth to the rumor Tunch Ilkin had an underground railroad feeding Vietnamese refugees to Gerry Sandusky? The Tim Worley Railroad it was called?

XOXO

Tommi Maddux

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'll always hate the steelers more than the patriots, not for XL, but because of their retarded hillbilly fans. Every part of me will cheer for the hawks to win this, and none of it will be reserved for some god damn steeler fans' wish for the pats to lose.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Here is my approach. I will give this Southern Steeler kudo's for writing a letter from perhaps the 'one' single fan in Steeler nation wishing us well. Thank you for giving.

I will never forget that game and I am still bitter about it in my own way and I believe the fans only cheered as they got the unique hand me downs from the upper echelon of the NFL. The one thing that I always think about 'that game' is that we are better off now and we might not be the team we are today had we won. We may not have the same coach and roster we have today unless 'that game' happened. It sure is fun rip the hearts out of our enemy's one game at a time.

Pittsburgh.... :3:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
F the Steelers and all their fans.

Except the OP. He was actually pretty classy. I had to do a triple take to make sure, but he was proper. He came in peace, but in our heart of hearts, none of us are letting that sham of a SB go completely. I don't care what anyone says. We should be contesting our third next weekend.

I get reminded of it everytime I see one of those frauds commentating.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The reason why Steeler fans gave us crap was because nobody took their trophy seriously. Everybody knows outside of Pittsburgh that the Steelers were fraudulently handed a trophy. Whenever Porter and the ass clown Ward talks about their trophy people laugh at them.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":hg4qyvgr said:
Here is my approach. I will give this Southern Steeler kudo's for writing a letter from perhaps the 'one' single fan in Steeler nation wishing us well. Thank you for giving.

I will never forget that game and I am still bitter about it in my own way and I believe the fans only cheered as they got the unique hand me downs from the upper echelon of the NFL. The one thing that I always think about 'that game' is that we are better off now and we might not be the team we are today had we won. We may not have the same coach and roster we have today unless 'that game' happened. It sure is fun rip the hearts out of our enemy's one game at a time.

Pittsburgh.... :3:

I don't want their trashy fans rooting for us. Let them root for the Patriots, they belong together. Besides, New England probably stole a trophy from them with Spygate screwing them over and I couldn't be happier.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3r74zjf9 said:
Jesus Christ. This thread reminds me of something I'd see over at the Extreme Skins forum. I was never mad at the Steelers. I was infuriated with the Refs and the NFL for making sure Bettis got his "dream" send-off. I didn't see any Steeler players throwing ridiculous flags. And what are their fans supposed to say? "Oh, you're right, we don't deserve this Lombardi... Here, take it". This is one of those times where you have to look at things from their point of view, and realize that we would have sounded like them had the situations been reversed. I thought this guy came in here totally in peace, with kind of a humorous post, and he's slammed like he had something to do with XL. C'mon guys... I thought we were better than that. Guess not.

Seahawks will do their best to Whup up on 'em Steeler fan. Hope Brady meets Mr. Irvin or Mr. Bennett up close and personal. BOOM!

Hahaha you're right, the Redskins fans HATE the Seahawks.

Msfann

Reaction score
I was in a weird position recently, a steAler fan on another forum's granddaughter was in a really bad car accident and I completely ignored my hatred for that team to worry about the guy and his family.

The kid lived :) So I can hate the team again.

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the OP, its just a LOT of us are still really hurt over that game. That game will bug me no matter how many times Seattle goes to the super bowl.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
While I hate even thinking about XL and would have preferred OP hadn't even mentioned it, I have no issues with any fans outside of the NFC or AFC West. On the edge are teams like the Patriots, Cowboys, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Redskins, Bears, and Vikings that don't have as much leeway as however many teams are left, but until they give me a reason directly, I have no issue BS'n. I always enjoy intelligent conversation with those who not only know their team, but also have some knowledge on most other teams.

Obviously, not everyone will agree with me and to each their own. I didn't really do the football forum thing back in 2005, so I didn't experience what some other members have. Had I, then maybe I'd feel differently. Regardless, my main focus right now is the Hawks success in Arizona, so regardless of where the good karma comes from, I'll happily accept any luck that comes our way.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
My family moved to Pittsburgh when I went off to college, so they became Stiller fans while I became a Seahawk fan. It was a treat when our teams made it to the big game. We were all so excited and happy for each other. Then the travesty happened. My dad and younger brother were just like, "Wow... uh... hmm... that was... wow... sorry, man." I knew it wasn't their fault and I was glad to know that their adopted city would be excited, but we all knew it was as farcical as could be.

For me, watching the Seahawks blow the doors off the league last season and primed to win it all again has taken some of the sting off. Time – and success – heals wounds if you let it.

I am curious also why Stiller fans would hate the Pats so much. Is it just their perpetual AFC contention, their perpetual cheating, or is it more than that?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
I was pissed for a long time after XL, but to be honest that level of psychotic hatred was redirected at one city in the country: Oklahoma City.

I've moved on from the Steeler hate, would never root for them, but it was 10 years ago. If we win back-to-back I think some of you ought to let it go, it was a royal screw job but I think its important to understand that we have greatness happening right now. Let the past go, everything happens for a reason. That Super Bowl contributed to the chip this city had on its shoulder for those 2008-2012 years where we felt like everything in the sports world in Seattle just totally went to hell.

The personalities we have on our team now are legendary, we'll be telling grandkids about this team and era.

Latest posts