A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

irocdave

Reaction score
For any Hawk fan posting on this thread that doesn't understand the hatred for anything Stealers and thinks that hate is in the minority of Hawk fans, move this thread to the shack and you will see how wrong you are.

netskier

Reaction score
I agree with Blue Thunder on this one. I still hate the refs, and the NFL, from that game. And, also, The Mafia, too, to be sure I don't omit any miscreants.

I worry more about the refs that the Patriots, by far.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
irocdave":2ifprw2s said:
For any Hawk fan posting on this thread that doesn't understand the hatred for anything Stealers and thinks that hate is in the minority of Hawk fans, move this thread to the shack and you will see how wrong you are.

We're on to New England.

;)

irocdave

Reaction score
This person is trolling. Click on the link, that site is in it's infancy. 1100* members, 2600 threads? and 98k posts This site has almost 9K members, 46K threads and 1.2 million posts. Dude is trolling hard and looking to drag posters back to the den. Don't feed ($) the troll.

OutfieldGrass

Reaction score
This guy came in here and was respectful from the start. I understand the hatred for the Steelers and a good chunk of their fan base but this guy has done nothing to warrant the response he got. But hey....that's how football works, right? Throw respect out the door. Cause this is football....its a man's game, right?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
For me, it wasn't just the bad flags in XL*. A great team overcomes bad calls. The Seahawks team we have now is a great team (as Sunday attested) and would have played through the bad calls. The 2005 team could not.

I didn't really think a fix was in until the commercials. Every set of commercials during XL* was book-ended with a little B&W clip of a player in the game with the Lombardi, talking about what it would mean to him to win one. And every single player was a Stealer! So you see, even the game marketing dubbed this game a Stealer win before the fact, and Seahawks were relegated to the role of Washington Generals!

Then I looked at the stats. in XL*, the Hawks led in three major offensive statistical categories - time of possession, total first downs, and total yards. They are the first SB team in history to do that and LOSE THE GAME! Plus ... in the second half, the Hawks, who were the least penalized team in the regular season were flagged 10 times to the Stealers being flagged zero!

Jeez, just writing that makes my gut burn again! I'm gonna go get a beer.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Southern Steeler, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you actually hate the Pats.

I also assume it is because they twice knocked you out of the playoffs in recent memory. Which makes you thinking Hawk fans want your kinship incredibly obtuse.

Lets see, I will go to the site of the team that was controversially knocked out of the playoffs by my team, and express my hope that they knock a rival out of the playoffs! Yeah, that will be received well!

Yeah, on second thought you are either incredibly stupid, or a troll. Or both.

jacobsod

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":cfzgdgtr said:
...Snipped..
Jeez, just writing that makes my gut burn again! I'm gonna go get a beer.

I hear that. First I thought ohh boy here we go. :snack: Then the more I'm reminded of XL* the more pissed off I get. Guess I'm not "over it" either, lol

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1vxhia78 said:
I'm over XL, and probably never would have hated the Steelers if not for some classless Steelers homers talking smack before and even after that disgraceful screw job of a game. It also bugged me that the Steelers were the favorite to win, despite being a #6 seed and Seattle being a #1. That whole SB was engineered to be as infuriating as possible. And it was our first one after waiting for nearly 30 years!

Okay I guess I'm not over it, but I don't really hate the Steelers all that much anymore. I loved hearing Patriots fans thank Seattle for destroying the Broncos last year. So I'm enjoying this good will as well.

The only thing that continues to torque me about Super Bowl XL is the fact that we could be working now on our 3rd ring in the span of a decade had we been given a fair shot in that game. That said, I don't wholly blame the loss of SBXL on the refs. I think that things would have been drastically different had they not thrown those completely bogus flags, but I still can't say for certain we would have won it. Butterfly effect and all.

It's pompous jackassery for our fellow Seahawks fans to expect the OP to apologize for something our fans would have all gladly accepted, had the flags been to our advantage instead. Likewise, it's ridiculous to expect him to apologize on behalf of Steeler trolls everywhere.

The enemy of our enemy is our friend in this case. This one's personal. I really want to see us stick it to those dirty cheating bastards.

irocdave

Reaction score
OutfieldGrass":152pqiq3 said:
This guy came in here and was respectful from the start. I understand the hatred for the Steelers and a good chunk of their fan base but this guy has done nothing to warrant the response he got. But hey....that's how football works, right? Throw respect out the door. Cause this is football....its a man's game, right?

If the OP is innocently ignorant of his teams recent ventures in SB's over the last 10 years, I don't care. Maybe he should pin his dad down and ask why do the Seahawk fans hate us? I'm sure his dad / brother / mother will say it's just Seattle fans suck and are sore losers. Hence the hatred.

Has nothing to do with being a mans game. Has everything to do with being gifted a SB win and then being asshats to the opposing fan base. BTW, I am trying to keep this civil, unlike that same piss poor fan bases response to Hawk fans in SB40. Maybe you should lift a finger and try and understand where some of us are coming from? You obviously didn't experience what a lot of us did back then.

If you think niner fans are obnoxious, they are / were nothing compared to Stealers fans before and after SB40.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
I was rooting for the Seahawks big time. I also cheered for the Colts to beat the Steelers in the playoffs that season.

Joey Porter shooting his mouth off and made sure to get in a cheap shot in the last play of the Super Bowl standing over him like a punk.

And I heard Joey Porter might be a candidate for D-coordinator for the Steelers. Oh please let that happen so Brady can torch them.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Why isn't this moved to the shack already?

Do I have to get banned just to get this moved to where it belongs. It's very presence here is inflammatory.

I think everyone should invoke a ban on themselves and get their threads deleted until the mods realize where all threads from Steeler fans automatically belong.

irocdave

Reaction score
For the noob Hawk fans apologizing for hawk fans that still hold a major grudge against any Stealer fan that posts here.
You want to know what is front and center on one of their larger boards? Consider that their QB should be in jail for rape several times over, same guy they said should go to the HOF after the most pathetic QB production ever in a SB.

How many Hawk fans are ashamed of Lynch? http://pit.scout.com/forums/1897-heinz- ... lynch?s=68

Sorry ass fan base.

irocdave

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":33zy1vmz said:
Why isn't this moved to the shack already?

Do I have to get banned just to get this moved to where it belongs. It's very presence here is inflammatory.

I think everyone should invoke a ban on themselves and get their threads deleted until the mods realize where all threads from Steeler fans automatically belong.

:13:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Come back in here after the Seahawks kick the Stealers ass when your team FINALLY visits the C-Link next season. you've been protected from a visit here since XL* by your owner's buddy Rog but it's finally going to happen. I can hardly wait.

irocdave

Reaction score
Last time that EBT fan supported team came to Seattle I was there, 2003. Yep, almost 12 years ago... The Stealer Nation rolled in and it looked like a homeless camp was given tickets, old ass 2 sizes to small jerseys, long scraggly hair, mouth breathing, cigarette smoking, obnoxious fans. Wound up having one joe dirt look a like Stealer fan sitting behind me and yelling his ass off before the kickoff. He sat down quickly and didn't say squat the rest of the game. I made sure to follow his ass out of the game screaming as loud as I could.

taco40

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":3d7k6plm said:
peachesenregalia":3d7k6plm said:
Admit that XL was a massive screw job by the refs and that they had a massive effect on the outcome of that game, then apologize on behalf of the Stealer fanbase for them being dicks about the game afterwards, or get out.

I guess y'all are still bitter.

I have no control over other people. So I can't (and won't) apologize for anyone. As far as the refs, that's always a matter of perspective, I suppose.

OP,

I don't expect you to apologize for the rest of the Steeler fan base because you aren't responsible for them. I don't expect you to give back to us the trophy that could have been ours had the calls been legitimate.

I appreciate your tone, but I'm not sure why you are expecting us to do something for your team that your team could not do. Most here probably won't complain if you cheer for the Hawks, but the while the pain may have softened due to time and a couple of tremendous seasons, the pain is still lurking.

I don't hate the Steelers.

I do, however, love to see them lose. When they play the Patriots, I'm hope both teams lose.

Have a great week. Hope your cheating nemesis gets their tails deflated.

Go Hawks.

Riley12

Reaction score
Stealer fans - don't want their love, support or anything.

During the divisional game, they brought out all of the PPK winners and one of them represented the Stealers. She had the nerve to tap the Steelers logo on her beanie before throwing the ball AND hold a Terrible Towel during the television introduction.

Steeler fans in general know that SBXL* burns us deeply and look for every opportunity to rub the salt in. In Detroit, they were almost as rude and stupid as Niner fans with spikes driven in their skulls. Like Tolkien dwarves, their women look like their men.

OP - take your well wishes and shove them where the sun don't shine while pleasuring yourself to a photo of
your 12th man - Bill Leavy and his Keystone Krew