A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

GRBman

Reaction score
Lots of venom... meh, I get that.

You wanna know what's funny...the Hawks are easy to root for, strong running game behind a bad-ass RB, kick-ass defense with lock-down capability and a fan base that is completely rabid and intimidates the opposing team...

Hate to break it to you...but you're the Steelers... well, what the Steelers USED to be anyway.

I know I'll get hammered and flamed and whatever. That's fine. :242735:

I still hate the Pats** with a passion. Love how the Hawks handle their business though.

Oh, BTW - GREAT board...the design of this thing is EXACTLY what I'd expect from Seattle...very cool

Reaneypark

Reaction score
GRBman":19upkk9p said:

You wanna know what's funny...the Hawks are easy to root for, strong running game behind a bad-ass RB, kick-ass defense with lock-down capability and a fan base that is completely rabid and intimidates the opposing team...

Hate to break it to you...but you're the Steelers... well, what the Steelers USED to be anyway.

I still hate the Pats** with a passion. Love how the Hawks handle their business though.

Oh, BTW - GREAT board...the design of this thing is EXACTLY what I'd expect from Seattle...very cool

Minus the rapey QB.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
camdawg":1pbbwp28 said:
Really, you all deserve to die.

Drowning.

In a vat.

Of Iron City.

And don't even try to say it's good beer. It's terrible beer for terrible people.
Pfft, even the people here don't drink that crap. The only ones who do are the bandwagoners in other parts of the country who think they're doing the "Pittsburgh thing". We joke about it all the time. The beer of choice for many here is Yuengling. I'm a craft beer guy myself.

seahawk12thman":1pbbwp28 said:
Haha Welcome Steeler fan or should I say Tom Brady's step child. It's been fun watching them using your team to wipe the sh*t from their ass (that is why your team is black and piss right?). Your team is the new Browns to them. I'd be pissed too. Having their fans come in and rub it in your faces, telling you Browns =Steelers. Then (with the help of the refs ) you finally win a super bowl and nobody takes it seriously. To add insult to injury, you have to come to a Hawks board and beg them to do what you could never do. .... awe.
Trust me, it pisses us off the way Brady and Belicheat ass-rape Dick LeBeau's 10 yard cushion defense almost every time we play them. LeBeau is done here, maybe it will get better with the new DC.

Seeing what desperate losers your fan base has become, I might have died too if I were the President. No worries, we'll beat the Patriots for you
Let's hope so, otherwise you'll be whining for another ten years that you got cheated.

and then you can go right back to being their red headed step child again next year while living vicariously through the Seahawks and Ron Burgundy.... I really hope you get the help you need. Do us a favor and go back to your inbred bar and please drink your life and sorrows away quickly and after we beat the Patriots, you can troll their forum and boast about the Hawks kicked them all over the field.

Cheers little man!!!!
The bar is great and the food is excellent. I love you too, man. :th2thumbs:

GRBman

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1zuuexhl said:
GRBman":1zuuexhl said:

Minus the rapey QB.

Don't forget the pot-smokin' (still illegal in PA) RB, the Club-hired fixer...

...and James Harrison.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GRBman":1jry00t4 said:

Hate to break it to you...but you're the Steelers... well, what the Steelers USED to be anyway

It's what the NFL used to be, and why the Hawks are so successful now.

Everyone fell in love with throwing for 500 yards, when football always was, always is and always will be about who's faster, who's stronger, who's more physical............and who can break their opponents will.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
GRBman":98bt20c6 said:

Why do you hate the Pats so much?

lukerguy

Reaction score
CANHawk":3s1bxpf0 said:
Please leave. Please go to hell and die. We need not and want not any support from that putrid team or their putrid fans.

To reiterate; leave, hell, die.

You stay classy.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
After reading the thread linked to this one I only have 3 wishes...

1. We win the next 3 Superbowls
2. Pittsburgh makes it to Superbowl 50
3. Indianapolis and Andrew Luck make it to Superbowl 51

So typical that out of all the responses in this thread they pick out the five people that still think 2005 is even relevant anymore. This team has nothing to do with that fiasco and they have goals to achieve and history to make and it starts February 1st in Glendale AZ.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why the AFC doesn't rally around New England. They have dominated the AFC to the tune of 6 super bowl appearances and have a model citizen at QB. Pittsburgh fans have something to look up to. Why aren't you rooting for them?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":14f2ywcb said:

So typical that out of all the responses in this thread they pick out the five people that still think 2005 is even relevant anymore. This team has nothing to do with that fiasco and they have goals to achieve and history to make and it starts February 1st in Glendale AZ.

Number 2 is impossible (As I am sure our newly found Steeler brethren will attest to). "The Steel Curtain" is kind of flimsy these days. It was pretty evident given the raping they received by Baltimore at home in the ketchup bottle; they won't reach the super bowl anytime soon even if Tomilin trips 30 kickoff returners.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2fevrcgw said:
GRBman":2fevrcgw said:

Why do you hate the Pats so much?

seahawk12thman":2fevrcgw said:
I am trying to figure out why the AFC doesn't rally around New England. They have dominated the AFC to the tune of 6 super bowl appearances and have a model citizen at QB. Pittsburgh fans have something to look up to. Why aren't you rooting for them?

Basically because we feel they kept us out of two more Super Bowls before they got busted for Spygate. Now, you guys may think the refs handed us SB XL, and I get that, but we were beaten in two AFCCG's after which it was found out for certain that the Pats** were cheating. Further, the commissioner punished them by fines and taking away draft picks then he destroys the evidence he had against them. So we wonder how much Goodell was hiding, we know Pats** owner Robert Kraft is his bud, and they aren't all that far away from the NFL offices. Like I said, we get why Seahawk fans are pissed (we disagree and we don't care, but we get it), but we have at least as much reason and probably more to hate the cheating Pats** as much as you do us. Put another way, how would you feel if Bill Leavy came out and said "Yeah, I was paid off to throw the game for the Steelers"? That IS what happened to us in two AFCCG's and we KNOW that games were won using illegal methods.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":3b5fiqx1 said:

Hey Ron-

Pittsburgh is more of a tech hub now, not really a "Steel Curtain", what's happened? Your base has left the city and a bunch of programming geeks invaded. Does that explain the new soft underbelly of your franchise? I mean I could never fathom your hated rival coming into your stadium and curb stomping you guys in the playoffs, is this the new tone setting trend?? Perhaps you guys can be "The Shower Curtains". I will be waiting with bated breath for your response dear...

Love Always Steeler friend,

:snack:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":v4cy7yng said:

Because everyone in the AFC also hates NE.

Their coach is a cheating unlikable jackass, their QB is a whiny bitch, and their fans are as annoying as any fanbase in all of sports.

It's what I fear the Hawks fansbase will become in 5-10 years if we keep winning. Too many young people who don't remember the humble hard times. Too many young Pats fans in their teens, 20's and early 30's who don't remember the Steve Grogan or Doug Flutie years when they sucked.........and thus act like the Pats are preordained to be in the SB every year.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":10jqzclx said:
MizzouHawkGal":10jqzclx said:

Number 2 is impossible (As I am sure our newly found Steeler brethren will attest to). "The Steel Curtain" is kind of flimsy these days. It was pretty evident given the raping they received by Baltimore at home in the ketchup bottle; they won't reach the super bowl anytime soon even if Tomilin trips 30 kickoff returners.
Tomlin was defensive coach and coordinator before he was our coach, yet curiously he is unable to draft many good defensive players. We bitch all the time that he was only able to get to SB's with "Cowher's players". Him and the GM draft good WR's and RB's, every other position they don't know WTF.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2mbmslmj said:
Ron Burgundy":2mbmslmj said:

Hey Ron-

Pittsburgh is more of a tech hub now, not really a "Steel Curtain", what's happened? Your base has left the city and a bunch of programming geeks invaded. Does that explain the new soft underbelly of your franchise? I mean I could never fathom your hated rival coming into your stadium and curb stomping you guys in the playoffs, is this the new tone setting trend?? Perhaps you guys can be "The Shower Curtains". I will be waiting with bated breath for your response dear...

Love Always Steeler friend,

:snack:
Trust me, we aren't happy about it.

GRBman

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3prqwsks said:

Because this isn't college football where the strength of your conference matters...

...and the rest of the AFC knows that the Pats** get a free pass from both the League and the AFC East Division.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":ridd4iy7 said:
Basically because we feel they kept us out of two more Super Bowls before they got busted for Spygate. Now, you guys may think the refs handed us SB XL, and I get that, but we were beaten in two AFCCG's after which it was found out for certain that the Pats** were cheating. Further, the commissioner punished them by fines and taking away draft picks then he destroys the evidence he had against them. So we wonder how much Goodell was hiding, we know Pats** owner Robert Kraft is his bud, and they aren't all that far away from the NFL offices. Like I said, we get why Seahawk fans are pissed (we disagree and we don't care, but we get it), but we have at least as much reason and probably more to hate the cheating Pats** as much as you do us. Put another way, how would you feel if Bill Leavy came out and said "Yeah, I was paid off to throw the game for the Steelers"? That IS what happened to us in two AFCCG's and we KNOW that games were won using illegal methods.

We don't hate the Steeler franchise. We are annoyed by their fans coming in and rubbing salt in the wounds but Karma usually plays a hand in things. Bill Leavy himself apologized to the "City of Seattle" for costing us the game and said he will "carry that burden for the rest of his life". All your fans had to do was show some class. Many fans went over to the Packer Board and showed respect to the Pack fan base after Fail Mary but you guys decided to remind us of that mess.

Heres a notion; perhaps you should care about the integrity of the game. I don't expect Pittsburgh to give us their trophy but a little class would have helped.

Goodell screwed the Steelers (I agree with every word you say) and cost them two AFC Championships no doubt. It no doubt costed your city two Lombardi's. It sucks to lose those games and have Pat Trolls tell you morning, noon and night how superior they are with a middle finger from Rog, we get it..... But from the 12th man:

WE DON"T CARE!! :th2thumbs:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5pc93021 said:
seahawk12thman":5pc93021 said:

Because everyone in the AFC also hates NE.

Their coach is a cheating unlikable jackass, their QB is a whiny bitch, and their fans are as annoying as any fanbase in all of sports.

It's what I fear the Hawks fansbase will become in 5-10 years if we keep winning. Too many young people who don't remember the humble hard times. Too many young Pats fans in their teens, 20's and early 30's who don't remember the Steve Grogan or Doug Flutie years when they sucked.........and thus act like the Pats are preordained to be in the SB every year.

:sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on:

Trust me, I know.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
GRBman":1q21um32 said:
seahawk12thman":1q21um32 said:

Because this isn't college football where the strength of your conference matters...

...and the rest of the AFC knows that the Pats** get a free pass from both the League and the AFC East Division.

I actually agree with a Steeler fan.. Never understood why teams feel the need to "root for the division rival" so they "keep it in the conference" knowing that team is going to rub it in.

Pats get a free pass for cheating, you guys get a free pass for Super Bowl XL, whats the problem? According to your fans it should wash out. :17:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":8fahrs0i said:
I actually agree with a Steeler fan.. Never understood why teams feel the need to "root for the division rival" so they "keep it in the conference" knowing that team is going to rub it in. :

I think some fans play the "well if our team lost to the SB winner, than it makes us look better" card. Even though no one gives a rat's ass about that.