A question about Geno's contract and Jalen Carter's arrest

Kinger95

Reaction score
Wow, what intrinsic bias did that come from?
Im pretty sure every team has done extra homework on him to find out more about him than than the average prospect. Need to know what your investing in

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Would anyone here flee the scene if they just saw there friend get into a terrible wreck?
Anyone??????
Whether he was drinking or not he showed terrible character.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Can Jalen Carter be suspended for part of next season because of the January incident? I assume not since it occurred prior to him joining the league.

I remember Terrelle Pryor getting suspended in 2010? 2011? before he came into the league.

So I assume the answer to your question is still yes. Unless something changed in the CBA about this issue since then, but I don't think so.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Like I said, a lot of excuses being made for him. If it was your family member that just “died” because of this “kids” negligence you would be livid if he wasn’t prosecuted.
Me personally, I would make his life hell forever.

But hey.. He Balls

And the fact that he is possibly facing misdemeanor charges instead of harsher charges only reinforces the fact that prosecutors apply different measures of justice based on connections. The idea that I would want him in jail for the death of a family member does not make me a “fascist”…I think someone needs to read a book, start with the dictionary.
Can you explain how Carter is negligent or responsible for the death of the people in the other car? The DRIVER of that other car is responsible Sadly, she is deceased. The passengers in that other car are partially responsible simply because they chose to get in the vehicle with a drunk driver. The idea that the police would overlook Carter being intoxicated is absurd. He left the scene. He was gone for 90 minutes or thereabouts. Your body burns alcohol at the rate of 0.016% per hour. This is regardless of your size. Do the math. Police said there were no signs of alcohol involvement on Carter's part. This means they did not smell alcohol on him. They did not observe slurred speech or impaired motor function. Without some sign, they can't ask him for a blood test or even a breath screening test at the scene. I have said before that I am not making excuses for Carter. I think he should be absolutely crucified for leaving his friends there. But, being a jerk isn't illegal.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Can you explain how Carter is negligent or responsible for the death of the people in the other car? The DRIVER of that other car is responsible Sadly, she is deceased. The passengers in that other car are partially responsible simply because they chose to get in the vehicle with a drunk driver. The idea that the police would overlook Carter being intoxicated is absurd. He left the scene. He was gone for 90 minutes or thereabouts. Your body burns alcohol at the rate of 0.016% per hour. This is regardless of your size. Do the math. Police said there were no signs of alcohol involvement on Carter's part. This means they did not smell alcohol on him. They did not observe slurred speech or impaired motor function. Without some sign, they can't ask him for a blood test or even a breath screening test at the scene. I have said before that I am not making excuses for Carter. I think he should be absolutely crucified for leaving his friends there. But, being a jerk isn't illegal.
He was involved in an illegal activity that lead to death, you don’t have to be in the same car to share responsibility. And maybe you have more faith in the police of that area …I myself have ZERO faith in any cop to do the right thing. Throw in the fact Carter is a well known UGA national champion and the idea that a person who fled the scene of a deadly accident is given the benefit of doubt without any further toxicology(that I’m aware of) It seems to add up to plenty of negligence to go around.
If I was racing and part of a deadly accident then fled for 90 minutes…. I would most definitely be arrested.

morgulon1

Reaction score
That's a huge red flag for me. The guy is a high draft pick college player and he's out doing stuff like drag racing and may or may not have been drinking.
The part that gets me is he fled the scene .(allegedly)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, but LEAVING THE SCENE flat out IS illegal. But it'll get swept under the rug.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was involved in an illegal activity that lead to death, you don’t have to be in the same car to share responsibility. And maybe you have more faith in the police of that area …I myself have ZERO faith in any cop to do the right thing. Throw in the fact Carter is a well known UGA national champion and the idea that a person who fled the scene of a deadly accident is given the benefit of doubt without any further toxicology(that I’m aware of) It seems to add up to plenty of negligence to go around.
If I was racing and part of a deadly accident then fled for 90 minutes…. I would most definitely be arrested.
So, now this is turning in to cop hate? Zero faith in any cop? Weak sauce

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Do what "right thing?" He's at the mercy of the prosecutors office now.......and since he IS a high profile athlete they will prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

I'd probably still draft Carter at 5, he's a huge talent for that position to pass up. But it's risky this year and beyond for sure.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Even if he was drunk at the time of the wreck, if he was verifiably absent for any amount of time before returning then he can't be convicted of DUI. All he has to do is claim he was sober at the time, then left and drank, and then came back. Of course, for that to work he'd need to be driven back by somebody sober.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've seen this work for 2 out of 2 people. One of them was followed by a couple who watched him swerve all over the road before speeding into my parked truck, then leave the scene and go home (3 blocks away). The cops easily found him because his front bumper + license plate was left under my truck. The couple woke me up (3 am) to let me know what had just happened, and to talk to the cops when they arrived. Cops told me that they couldn't prove he was drunk at the time, as I said above.

So, since this guy was gone for awhile toxicology testing would be fruitless and a waste of money.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So, now this is turning in to cop hate? Zero faith in any cop? Weak sauce
Not having faith and hating are two different things. The only faith I have in police is that they will protect their own over everything else.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Not having faith and hating are two different things. The only faith I have in police is that they will protect their own over everything else.
another lost to intersectionality. "the only faith i have in _________ is that they will protect their own over everything else."

one thing i hope we both agree on, innocent until proven guilty. wait, no nevermind, you just pre-judged individuals based on your perception of a group.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Congrats on your pathetic view of Law Enforcement.
So to have a non pathetic view like yourself I need to have blind and absolute faith in all police?
you’re probably right though, there is absolutely zero evidence that they protect themselves above all.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I will say one part that people are missing is that Carter was likely drunk when racing.. at least thats my understanding since the drive of the other car was quite drunk.
Likely? We'll never know. Someone else being drunk doesn't mean he was and you also don't have to be drunk to street race.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So to have a non pathetic view like yourself I need to have blind and absolute faith in all police?
you’re probably right though, there is absolutely zero evidence that they protect themselves above all.

What even is your point, if there is one?

Carter didn't do any of this, cause "law enforcement?"
It didn't happen like it was reported, cause "law enforcement?"
The facts were embellished cause of "law enforcement?"

Please, enlighten us with how your poor view of law enforcement pertains to this discussion.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
another lost to intersectionality. "the only faith i have in _________ is that they will protect their own over everything else."

one thing i hope we both agree on, innocent until proven guilty. wait, no nevermind, you just pre-judged individuals based on your perception of a group.
Considering that I don’t know all of them personally I can only base my feelings on the tangible evidence that has been gathered regarding the “group”.
Am I not allowed to not have faith? Is it all in or nothing?

And I never proclaimed any guilt or innocence just lack of faith. You know…blue wall of silence and all that, or does that not happen?